Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree16Likes

Getting Juvederm on the 22nd...

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-13-2014, 12:20 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Beachy Girl View Post
I had Juvederm done 3 weeks ago but the bruising was so bad I could not find enough makeup to cover and my lips are still lumpy. With all that said my wrinkly upper lip is gone and I love it.
I'm not a horrible bruiser typically but I had a lot. My understanding is that a fair amount of bruising is normal and expected.

Last edited by Linaki; 07-13-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:25 AM

baa721 is on a distinguished road
For a frame of reference on just how thin my lips are, I posted a public album. I had my trial run for my wedding makeup today, and it made me much more excited to hopefully have fuller lips for the wedding.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:59 PM
BYOBF: BeYourOwnBoobFairy!

bewbfairy is on a distinguished road
Take a bunch of arnica tabs before having the filler done, helps with bruising and swelling.

Linaki likes this.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:32 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bewbfairy View Post
Take a bunch of arnica tabs before having the filler done, helps with bruising and swelling.
also eat pineapple before, the bromelian sp? help so u don't bruise

Linaki likes this.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:36 PM

Thanks for all the tips everyone!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:25 PM

14 hours to go! So nervous...But trying to keep a brave face because fiance is also nervous. He says he really doesn't want to see me in any pain. I keep telling him I'll feel fine, but be prepared to be super swollen and beat up worst case scenario lol.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:53 PM

Aaand done. I'm still kind of freaking out about it. I know that I'm swollen right now and that it can be undone if I truly don't like the end results, but I just hate waiting and not knowing what the final outcome will be! My PS used 1 vial, and put 1/4 of it in my bottom lip and 3/4 in the top. I had a very thin upper lip, which was his reasoning. But I think that's what I'm most nervous about. Hoping that my lips are equal size once it all goes down! I posted a pic in my Juvederm album. Now I'm just over here popping arnica tabs, eating pineapple, and icing. Wish me luck that healing is quick!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:42 PM

A full week has passed and I wanted to give an update. I definitely had a roller-coaster of emotions throughout the past 7 days! Some days I worried that my duck lip would never go away and my upper lip was always going to be bigger than my lower. Other days I thought it looked pretty darn good. Some days I worried that it would be blatantly obvious to others that I had something done. And other days I thought I wasted my money because the results weren't noticeable. After one full week, I would say that I am 95% satisfied with my decision to get Juvederm. I feel that my results are very subtle, which is exactly what I was going for. I bought a lip plumper today by Dior (which I already love) and I wore some lip stain, and my lips looked great! They're kind of like my boobs, in a way. I can play them up or down depending on the situation. My Juvederm lips are still a tad firmer than my old lips, so it feels strange when I rub them together after putting chapstick or lipstick on. I can still feel some tiny lumps on my inner lips if I press hard enough with my tongue. But overall, I will say that I do not regret my decision. I don't know if I'd justify spending $450 dollars to do this again (unless I got a biiig raise), but I'm happy knowing that I'll have fuller lips for my wedding pictures.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:47 PM

cattrail will become famous soon enough
sometimes I look really swollen and bruised and other times nothing. It really just depends, I have gone 2 weeks before i looked normal though..
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Yeah, I've read to not make a decision on if you want more (or to dissolve) until 10-14 days, but my PS said I would pretty much see my final results after one week.
Reply Subscribe