Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By LVbarbie
  • 1 Post By millard

When to get lips done

Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 PM

LVbarbie is on a distinguished road
When to get lips done

Hi all,

I'm brand new here. I am going to be getting lip injections in the next month. I have a big romantic trip planned with hubby the first week in October, and my question is this, when would be the best time to get them. I have them scheduled for the 16th of September for now, but I'm wondering if this is too close to the trip. Will they still be swollen after two weeks?

Also, I know they are supposed to last 3-6 months, but do they really? For instance, my eyelash extensions and hair extensions never last as long as they supposedly do for other people. Is it kind of like that with lip fillers?

Thanks for the advice in advance! I'm sure I will become quite a regular on here, as I do love my plastic surgery :P

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-18-2014, 09:57 PM

cattrail will become famous soon enough
I've had mine done several times, I would say 2 weeks is good. I have had swelling and bruising that lasted up to 10 days but that hasn't been that common. Mine didn't last longer than a couple months for about a year and now I only have to do it once a year.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:34 PM

I decided to schedule my first appt on this upcoming Tuesday. I also kept the appt on the 16th because I am sure I will want a second syringe to achieve that bigger, faker look. I will post pics when I have been shot up! 💉💉

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-21-2014, 07:19 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I've been doing my lips for 18 months and love it. I would say at least 2 weeks. I do 2 syringes and bruise a fair amount. I usually hate my lips for the first week and by week 2 I love them!

450ccvancity likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-21-2014, 07:27 PM

Yea that's why I'm going in Tuesday, so that I will have 3 weeks between injections.

Linaki likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 PM

baa721 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, I still had injection site swelling for a good three weeks. This was to the point where people asked me why my lip was swollen at day 16. I luckily didn't bruise much at all, and I thank pineapple and Arnica for that. I know my case probably isn't the norm, but I know most people are usually just fine after two weeks.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 PM
This is not your practice life, this is all there is.

millard is on a distinguished road
i had one syringe(restalyne) and swelling lasted 1 wk. its been about 2 months and they seem almost back to normal

Belle_Bela likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 PM

Belle_Bela is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by millard View Post
i had one syringe(restalyne) and swelling lasted 1 wk. its been about 2 months and they seem almost back to normal
The first time I got my juvederm they went down in less than 8 weeks, but it builds up over time. The second time I waited about 3 months for a refill and this last time it took about 5 months before it was time for a touch up.

Don't worry, a lot of women I've talked to say they need less frequent refills over time :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Belle_Bela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 11:22 PM

Amykatie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LVbarbie View Post
Hi all,

I'm brand new here. I am going to be getting lip injections in the next month. I have a big romantic trip planned with hubby the first week in October, and my question is this, when would be the best time to get them. I have them scheduled for the 16th of September for now, but I'm wondering if this is too close to the trip. Will they still be swollen after two weeks?

Also, I know they are supposed to last 3-6 months, but do they really? For instance, my eyelash extensions and hair extensions never last as long as they supposedly do for other people. Is it kind of like that with lip fillers?

Thanks for the advice in advance! I'm sure I will become quite a regular on here, as I do love my plastic surgery :P
The recovery time may vary depending on the individualís lip structure. It may take several weeks or few weeks to get back to normal. Also, consulting well with your surgeon is more important when you want to know the exact recovery time. Hope you will be recovered soon from your surgery and other procedures and enjoy your holidays.