Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.


Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MerryD
  • 1 Post By creeping
  • 1 Post By Linaki

Lip Implants, Please Share Experience

Old 09-28-2014, 07:35 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Sarah800cc's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 63
Sarah800cc's is on a distinguished road
Lip Implants, Please Share Experience

Hello, I currently have Juvederm XC in my lips. I have almost 2 full syringes. I also have Juvederm in my cheeks, chin and the corners of my mouth. I'm considering lip implants along with cheek and maybe chin. I estimated a yearly cost to keep up with all of these injections and it totals to about $7000 a year and I can't spend that.

Please if you have lip implants, Permalip, can you share your experience with me. How much did it cost? Was it worth it. Thanks
Sarah800cc's is offline  
Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 AM
  #2  
 
Linaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 10,028
Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I do Juvederm XC in my lips too. Also 1 syringe top and bottom. I also do filler in my cheeks but have switched to the long acting Voluma that lasts up to two years. I looked into permalip but found so many negative reviews I decided against it. There is only one person on here that I know that has done it and she seems happy with it. Search the threads and you can find her.
Linaki is offline  
Reply
 
Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-08-2014, 03:36 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Posts: 90
munichbabe is on a distinguished road
i have siliconoil. i know that it is forbidden in u.s., but in germany it is allowed .. not many ps do it but i was lucky bc there a two in the city where i live. i had two sessions until now - i have to wait a few weeks between the sessions and i plan to have a third session end of this year and then we have to see. until now all is fine .. it is a permanent solution, therefore you have to be careful that you don't go too big in one session. in the past i had volbella, but it needed 4 pieces of it per session and cost for it exploded. hope my answer was helpful .. i heard that much us girls go abroad to get the permanent siliconoil .... cheers munichbabe
munichbabe is offline  
Reply
 
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-21-2014, 08:44 PM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 157
MerryD is on a distinguished road
I have permalip and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Although i know there are alot of negative reviews out there, i have never had any issues! But I went to the BEST plastic surgeon in AZ to do it!!!! DR Daniel Shapiro!!!! He did an amazing job!!!! I actually get comments on my lips all the time!!! I recently went into the dermatologist for my botox appt and she could not believe that it was an implant!!! They look and feel very natural!!!! I went with the 4 mm on my top lip amd the 3 mm on the bottom lip! The other nice thing about them is if you ever wanted a little extra pout you can do a smidge of filler on top of the implant!!!! I highly recommend them!

Now as far as the cheek and chin implants go.... I dont know anything about them but i did have fat transfer to augement my cheeks and give me a little more contour!!!! That was prob the best surgery i have ever done!!!! The results look so natural and beautiful!!!! I would look into that before going through the cheek implant route because i have pnt heard too many good things about cheek implants (i also had that done by fav doc Dan)!!!!

LouisVLover and cheery like this.
MerryD is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:41 PM
  #5  
 
creeping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 49
creeping is on a distinguished road
I have silicone lip implants and I love them to death. I've never had injections, because this is something I knew I wanted since I was literally 7 or 8 -- I've always HATED my lips. I went to the maximum size, my surgeon (Dr. Erez Sternberg in FL) was amazing. I have no complaints nearly 3 years later. I can definitely feel them in my face if I try -- but I've had friends and lovers literally feel around my face with their fingers and they can't tell. I guess it's because I knew what it felt like before?

My Dr recommended I try injections first, but I knew that would be a waste of time and money. Though they're as big as medical science currently allows, I would replace them if there was something bigger.

HotMagenta likes this.
creeping is offline  
Reply
 
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 AM
  #6  
 
cheery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: australia
Posts: 7
cheery is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MerryD View Post
The other nice thing about them is if you ever wanted a little extra pout you can do a smidge of filler on top of the implant!!!! I highly recommend them!
Oh wow thank you so much for the info, I was very curious as to if you could add filler after having the implants done and glad to know it's possible!
cheery is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 06:29 PM
  #7  
 
LouisVLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: arizona
Posts: 577
LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MerryD View Post
I have permalip and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Although i know there are alot of negative reviews out there, i have never had any issues! But I went to the BEST plastic surgeon in AZ to do it!!!! DR Daniel Shapiro!!!! He did an amazing job!!!! I actually get comments on my lips all the time!!! I recently went into the dermatologist for my botox appt and she could not believe that it was an implant!!! They look and feel very natural!!!! I went with the 4 mm on my top lip amd the 3 mm on the bottom lip! The other nice thing about them is if you ever wanted a little extra pout you can do a smidge of filler on top of the implant!!!! I highly recommend them!

Now as far as the cheek and chin implants go.... I dont know anything about them but i did have fat transfer to augement my cheeks and give me a little more contour!!!! That was prob the best surgery i have ever done!!!! The results look so natural and beautiful!!!! I would look into that before going through the cheek implant route because i have pnt heard too many good things about cheek implants (i also had that done by fav doc Dan)!!!!
im also in az, do u have any pics of your lips? what part of az is he in
LouisVLover is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 07:46 PM
  #8  
 
Linaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 10,028
Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LouisVLover View Post
im also in az, do u have any pics of your lips? what part of az is he in
He's in Scottsdale. Just googled him.

LouisVLover likes this.
Linaki is offline  
Reply
 
Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-14-2015, 11:09 AM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London, England
Posts: 344
Fluffybun is on a distinguished road
I haven't had any fillers yet, or lip implants, but I had a chin implant when I had my Rhino done.
Fluffybun is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off