Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SLH1974

Vertical lines above upper lip

Old 12-09-2014, 08:00 AM

Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough
Vertical lines above upper lip

I have lots of small vertical lines above my upper lip. I had Juvederm a couple months ago but really couldn't tell a big difference. The lines are small so it's difficult to inject each individual line to fill it. And I already have fairly plump lips so I really don't want to make them larger. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

I have read that you can also have botox done to help relax that area. Anyone done this?

The only other option I have found is a chemical peel which the PS says I would need 2 weeks off work. That isn't doable for me.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 09:55 AM

SLH1974 will become famous soon enough
Unfortunately, that's one of the little signs of aging that affects women and not men, a reduction of collagen around the mouth. Smoking can rapidly accelerate it, so if you are a smoker - stop! Additionally, drinking using a straw will accelerate it, though not as quickly as smoking. You might look into Sculptra, which is an injectable filler that promotes the body's own generation of collagen!

; )

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough Hambone1999 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SLH1974 View Post
Unfortunately, that's one of the little signs of aging that affects women and not men, a reduction of collagen around the mouth. Smoking can rapidly accelerate it, so if you are a smoker - stop! Additionally, drinking using a straw will accelerate it, though not as quickly as smoking. You might look into Sculptra, which is an injectable filler that promotes the body's own generation of collagen!

; )

Thanks....not a smoker (never have been) and I don't drink from a straw (only at restaurants). Guess that's just one thing I'll have to accept!! Darn it!
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 PM

SophieL is on a distinguished road
I was told by my PS not to have Botox on the upper lip since it paralyzes the muscle. We use those muscles in our speech/ eating/ drinking. He recommended a peel. Not sure what would be best but I feel your pain.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:36 AM

breathwork will become famous soon enough breathwork will become famous soon enough
You could try using Retinol to keep the fine lines at bay. We can't stop aging but we can sure slow it down.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:27 AM

mbk11561 is on a distinguished road
Restylane takes care of that, works wonders, I get it all the time. They totally disappear. That is not what botox is for.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by mbk11561 View Post
Restylane takes care of that, works wonders, I get it all the time. They totally disappear. That is not what botox is for.
I have only had Juvederm but really couldn't tell much of a difference. No botox in the lip area. Is Restylane better than Juvederm??