Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

A few questions regarding lip fillers

Old 10-06-2015, 05:49 AM

Jessics is on a distinguished road
A few questions regarding lip fillers

Hi, I have booked an appointment at the centre for dermatology to get the lip fillers done. I have a lot of doubts though. How much does it cost. I have really flat lips. How often do I have to get it done? I work in the hospitality industry, and I do not wish to go there with a puffy mouth. How long will the swelling last? Is it worth getting it done? Are there any side effects reported?

Last edited by BooBitties; 10-06-2015 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Removed link
Old 10-08-2015, 03:01 PM
yee

yee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jessics View Post
Hi, I have booked an appointment at the centre for dermatology to get the lip fillers done. I have a lot of doubts though. How much does it cost. I have really flat lips. How often do I have to get it done? I work in the hospitality industry, and I do not wish to go there with a puffy mouth. How long will the swelling last? Is it worth getting it done? Are there any side effects reported?
Costs vary a tad depending on product. Juvederm Volbella is expensive and in my opinion not worth the hype... And I have had it multiple times. It's in my lips right now actually haha. The plus side to it is what you see is what you get. Very little swelling initially. It just does not last long enough even though you supposedly get a year out of it, I call bs. I probably get 4 months before I start itching for more.. 6 max. My favourite of the filler fam is Juvederm Ultra Plus XC.

Something I have recently learned about is Teosal Kiss. Allergan has contracts with a lot of docs this everyone getting Juvederm but a friend that works in the industry recommended Kiss to me recently. It is apparently half the cost and a way better filler (in her opinion). I'm sure in Toronto you will be able to find a doc that uses it no problem.

Swelling can be a day or two to a week or two. I've never had swelling more than a couple days. Ice your lips well and be nice to them even though you'll feel the urge to poke and prod haha.

As far as side effects go, the only issue I've ever had is a lump. It went away as the product naturally dissolves over time and the only reason it happened was that my injector quite frankly lacked skill.

Is it worth it? Yes. You will not miss your flat lips TRUST ME! Worst Case Ontario, you hate it and it goes away. You can also have the product dissolved if you really hate it. But I doubt that will be the case!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 PM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the info! I have generous lips as in they're not thin but they could be plumper... Yeah, that's a word now! I've long been curious but I never thought about how long each one lasted. Good to know!