Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SaucyMinx
  • 1 Post By SaucyMinx
  • 1 Post By Gummybears89
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By MightyMinx

My Journey to Lip Fillers

Old 10-28-2015, 11:29 PM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
My Journey to Lip Fillers

I thought I'd start a thread for my journey for anyone going through the filler process after me, in case this is helpful. Today I bought arinca pills at Whole Foods to start taking. To my surprise they came in different strengths, so I bought 12c for "before and after surgery". I'm going to start taking it tomorrow morning.

I asked my girlfriend tonight to connect me to an acquaintance who has great lips (via lip fillers) so I can get a referral for a place, so I should hear back this weekend when I meet her again! I'm excited, I'm also planning on BA but since I've also always wanted to add to my lips and I'm off work for now it seems like the perfect time. I can swell and it won't matter because I'm just applying to jobs all day. I have generous lips but I want them to be fuller, so I'm planning to go 1 syringe and thinking I'll go back for 1/2 more syringes.

Excited to be making progress on this! I'll update when I make more!

NovemberBlue and HopeMM like this.
Old 11-01-2015, 02:10 PM

I went to a party on Friday and ran into my acquaintance with the great work. We traded numbers and I'm going to get her doctor's info so I can get my injections from the same place. She was advising me on what to do with my engagement ring from my first marriage and (I was a little drunk) and told her I was going to get a BA with it, so this shouldn't come as a surprise question!

I've been gearing up for lips day! I've been taking arnica pills three times a day for a few days now. On the advice of another thread, I'm going to get bromelian, too, for the swelling. I also went to CVS and finally found the "peas" ice pack that everyone on JBI recommends; I got a small one for my lips so I can ice before and after my injections. I found it in the First Aid section of the store, and I'm including a picture in case it helps anyone else find it! I'm also going to get the larger size for my BA later on... haha, larger size, wishful thinking

Gummybears89 likes this.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:12 PM

Gummybears89 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info, I want to get juvaderm fillers I just gotta find a doctor here in Austin, I just dont want to look overdone, as I have seen most girls from where I live look like, its just not the look I want for my self, keep us posted on your journey very helpful

SaucyMinx likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-04-2015, 09:34 PM

Got the referral from my acquaintance. She said it hurts getting it injected so I'm going to ask them if I can ice for 20 minutes on my way there. She said he won't give you duck lips and I love her big, big, big full lips so I'm in! Sooo excited to have the referral, I really didn't want to search blindly. I'm planning to call first thing in the morning.

I bought Bromelain today, it's horse pills! I wound up going thru all my arnica pills in five days (taking five pellets, three times a day as directed) so I picked up more of that. Hopefully I can make an appointment for day after tomorrow. I have a charity event Saturday night so if I can't get it done Thursday I'll wait til Monday... Don't wanna scare the children I'm there to support!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:33 PM

Last night I had a little mini breakdown about this being my first plastic procedure. I created a new thread and won't elaborate on it here but I'm fine again now.

I made the appointment for Monday! They said I can ice for 20 minutes if I want but I don't have to - I definitely will. I asked about the numbing cream they use, I said I've done extensive laser hair removal and asked if the numbing cream was stronger (hoping!). They said it was pretty much the same thing, just lidocaine cream. So this is gonna hurt, eek! They said if I drink wine the night before it will cause more bleeding (hence bruising), so here's to bubbly water with dinner. Also, is it wrong of me to note that the doctor is super hot??

I just need to buy some antihistamines for after the procedure. I'm also going to plan out some movies I can watch and prepare dinner beforehand because antihistamines make me somewhat loopy. So excited for my day to come up now! I have nothing planned in the days following so I can just heal!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SaucyMinx View Post
Last night I had a little mini breakdown about this being my first plastic procedure. I created a new thread and won't elaborate on it here but I'm fine again now.

I made the appointment for Monday! They said I can ice for 20 minutes if I want but I don't have to - I definitely will. I asked about the numbing cream they use, I said I've done extensive laser hair removal and asked if the numbing cream was stronger (hoping!). They said it was pretty much the same thing, just lidocaine cream. So this is gonna hurt, eek! They said if I drink wine the night before it will cause more bleeding (hence bruising), so here's to bubbly water with dinner. Also, is it wrong of me to note that the doctor is super hot??

I just need to buy some antihistamines for after the procedure. I'm also going to plan out some movies I can watch and prepare dinner beforehand because antihistamines make me somewhat loopy. So excited for my day to come up now! I have nothing planned in the days following so I can just heal!
I don't feel like a have a very high tolerance for pain and I felt nothing when I get my lips and cheeks done. The numbing cream works really well and it's over with in less than 10 minutes.

SaucyMinx likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-06-2015, 03:19 AM

summer_bunny is on a distinguished road
mine hurt so so SO much less than I expected.
only teeny tiny pricks

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-08-2015, 10:53 PM

Tomorrow's the day!

So I've been going thru a little drama with a close girl friend about this - she asked me not to, which I just don't understand - and that's making me very nervous. I had some second thoughts but I've ultimately decided that this is what I want to do so I'm going to do it.

Today I did some pre-procedure shopping. I'm planning to stay in and work from home (and keep my swollen lips a secret!) for a few days after my procedure, so I stocked up on easy-to-chew groceries like soups and pineapple chunks, trashy magazines like US Weekly to read and bought some cards to write to my friends (including the one I had some drama with) and my mom. That should keep me entertained while I'm at home. I also bought benadryl to nix the swelling after the procedure; while I usually buy store-brand, I bought the brand-name... I figure I'm having a couple hundred dollar procedure done, I can spring for the $9 benadryl!

I'm nervous and excited for tomorrow. I wish I had someone to talk to about it, but at least I have JBI! No one else I know will be excited about it, though I have one girl friend who is cool with it. I plan to not tell my mother... we'll see if she notices!

Last edited by SaucyMinx; 11-08-2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Cool A few more hours!

I got up and took more arnica pills and Bromelain. I haven't been very good about taking the Bromelain, as it says to take between meals and I'm constantly grazing! I applied a good layer of arnica gel to my lips, too, and then didn't eat or drink for 30 minutes so it had time to absorb. All of the arnica and Bromelain stuff I've done I learned on JBI from girls it worked for, so here's hoping!

Now I'm working from Starbucks and sooo distracted! I'm feeling better about my friend situation and just ready to do this. Ahhhh 3:45 can't come soon enough!
Old 11-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Mightiest of Minxes

MightyMinx is on a distinguished road
Hey! Maybe I missed this, but what is the arnica supposed to do? I get that the Bromelain should help with swelling, but I don't know what the arnica does.

Hope it went well!!!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:08 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by MightyMinx View Post
Hey! Maybe I missed this, but what is the arnica supposed to do? I get that the Bromelain should help with swelling, but I don't know what the arnica does.

Hope it went well!!!
Hello, my fellow Minx! The arnica helps with swelling big-time! It also helps with bruising. I was advised by Linaki to get the Bromelain - I've been a lifelong arnica user and I'd never heard of the former before.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaucyMinx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
yee

yee is on a distinguished road
Hi love! When are you getting fillers? The lidocaine freezing works awesome. The only place I think you'll feel pain is the center of your bottom lip. So clench something for that. I'm a total whimp and the freezing sufficed for me the rest of the time! Also, if you are concerned with swelling ever id recommend Volbella as there is very little. Basically what you see is what you get. I do prefer Ultra for longevity but some find them to last the same amount of time!
Old 11-10-2015, 01:14 PM

Smile D-Day!

So I had my fillers done yesterday afternoon! The doctor was good and late, like my acquaintance promised he would be, so I had plenty of time to get nervous and wonder what I was doing there. I read the Misc section of JBI to pass the time.

I was unprepared for the blood and the tears of this procedure, so I want to leave this info for anyone planning to get it for the first time... or just bear the grizzly details of my procedure for anyone interested! haha. So here goes.

When it was 40 minutes before he saw me, they took pictures of my lips then took me back into my cute pink exam room and applied the numbing cream. Just like when you're getting laser hair removal, the longer it's on the more numb you'll be. They didn't put any on my lips directly but it still numbed my lips. Unfortunately, it numbed my tongue (I guess I licked my lips out of habit and got contact with some!) and then I felt like I couldn't breathe because my tongue was completely numb! It was a terrible comedy and very uncomfortable. The doctor later reassured me that sensation would go away in 30 minutes and it did.

I had Juvederm XL (means it's blended with lidocaine for comfort). The actual procedure was a little painful at parts, especially my upper lip, but overall more uncomfortable and awkward than painful. It made tears run down my face not because I was crying but out of physical reaction to the injection pricks. Another thing they don't tell you on here is that each pin prick draws blood, so the doctor is sticking me and then the nurse blots the blood with gauze. I'm not good with blood so I was horrified and at one point during the procedure promised myself I would never do it again (although I already can't stop looking at my lips, so I highly doubt that!). The blood isn't a big deal - it doesn't leave marks and it's not actively bleeding, it merely freaked me out to see so much blood. They gave me a balloon blown up small and filled with ice water to ice my lips in between pricks, and the doctor massaged my lips once he'd injected a row full.

When I got home, I didn't have a backup ice pack so I had to wait 1.5 hours until my Peas ice pack froze again before I could ice again. In the meantime I applied arnica gel again. I was told I'd have a small bruise on my lower lip, and sure enough I have a small purple shiner but no real big swelling. I ate soup for dinner and had no problems eating it. I had trouble eating pineapple chunks in my yogurt for a snack - the chunks were too big and hurt my lips to eat. Definitely no straws for now either.

Today, I was able to go back to the doctor's office - they had a paper I had to sign, blah - with just a little foundation and lipstick to cover the bruise. I'm planning to work from home again the next few days and then rely on makeup to cover the pesky bruise. I'll update in a week on my results once any residual swelling is gone and see if I want to go back and use the rest of my syringe. I bought a whole syringe and only used half, so I'm thinking I'll be baaaack!
The Following User Says Thank You to SaucyMinx For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Mightiest of Minxes

MightyMinx is on a distinguished road
Awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience, and glad it seems to have gone smoothly.

I am definitely more and more excited to go in and get my own lips done at the end of the month!

SaucyMinx likes this.
Old 11-10-2015, 06:03 PM

breathwork will become famous soon enough breathwork will become famous soon enough
You will get use to it, the next time won't be such an event. I guess you will love the results when the swelling has gone down, I bet it will even if it does not seem swollen now and want the rest of the syringe. Nice to hear your injector is going slow. I had my lips done years ago now and no sign of me needing more yet.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by bettybb View Post
You will get use to it, the next time won't be such an event. I guess you will love the results when the swelling has gone down, I bet it will even if it does not seem swollen now and want the rest of the syringe. Nice to hear your injector is going slow. I had my lips done years ago now and no sign of me needing more yet.
Betty, you're right if they go down, I'll definitely want more! I think it just takes time to get used to it. I like that I'll get to go to my religious services this weekend and see my parents, and I've made plans with some friends I see a lot - that way all the people I see weekly will get used to seeing me with more lippage! So I'll be able to slowly add more - maybe even the other half of the syringe - and it won't be as much of a surprise. I just wonder what my sister will say at the holidays, she's a mouthy one that girl!

Also, I wanted to add for those considering lip injections, that my doctor asked me WHERE I wanted to augment. I thought I knew what I wanted but I hadn't given that any thought at all! He gave me a mirror and pulled up the white part of my skin (I'm white) to show how big he wanted to make my lips versus how much he thought would be too big/overfilled. So we went around my mouth pulling the white part down to see how much lip that would make - I don't know if other docs do this, but it was a good exercise in seeing how your lips will look.

Other news - my dark purple bruises are already way lighter and it's only Day 2. I'm still taking Bromelain which may be why. I'm still wearing concealer and lipstick over them, but I went out and worked at Starbs and walked my dog and no one looked twice at me. All is well!