Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By summer_bunny
  • 1 Post By Asdfghjkl1
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By summer_bunny
  • 1 Post By summer_bunny

gunna get my lips done

Old 10-30-2015, 10:01 AM

summer_bunny is on a distinguished road
gunna get my lips done

So it wasn't really something that was on my "to do" list, but when I started trying to find out about botox for sweating, I stumbled into it, and started thinking about it.

Had a consult last week - and after her initial "your lips are gorgeous why would you want to get them done?" the nurse was pointing out things like if I got a smidge in the corners of my mouth it would stop them turning down (either that or a bit of botox in the muscle there, but we'll start with a filler).

I hadn't even noticed that about my lips before, but that could be why people assume I'm grumpy/sad when I'm not, if the corners of my mouth turn down!

I'm also getting more definition put into the cupids bow (which I actually have wanted), and a bit into the lower lip so that its not so over powered.

Next Thursday - because she only works in my city on Thursdays, not Fridays. Kind of a bummer because I wanted to use the weekend to heal before going to work... I may have to be sick on Friday.

The only thing that worries me is she likes to do "most of" one syringe on her first timers, then the rest at a follow up - IF they want it.

Fluffysheep likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-30-2015, 10:57 AM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
Hi Bunny, congrats! Keep us updated for sure! I'm getting mine done soon and I just started blogging it the other day here.

Maybe if you ask her she'll use the whole syringe? Or maybe you can just come back in a few weeks. I'm planning on doing one syringe and coming back for another half if I want it. Best wishes, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!
Old 10-31-2015, 12:34 AM

Asdfghjkl1 can't get any worse
Once you start getting your lips done you'll never go back to how they were before lol I started with .4 of a soft filler, then when that dissolved I got a 1ml juverderm and now I got another 1ml but with the juverderm ultra. The ultra is the best, my body metabolised the soft fillers super quickly Your bruising/swelling can last up to a week so give them time! good luck, I hope you love them xxx

Linaki likes this.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:18 AM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
I've definitely been thinking of adding some filler, too, and just the other day I pointed out to my BF that my corners turned down. I had no idea filler would help fix that! That's great! I also have pretty full lips naturally, but (I hate to say it!) I like that slightly overdone "Kardashian" look. Is that wrong?!? Lol!

I hope you will post some before and afters of your lips, if that's allowed here. I'd love to see the difference it makes!

What kind of filler will you be using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2015, 11:32 AM

BoomBoom30 is on a distinguished road
I had my lips done a few weeks ago with juvaderm. I LOVE them! I didn't even want to do them but my ps said please let me do your lips(I have tiny tiny upper lip). I didn't want to look silly or for them to be to noticeable so he went light. I'm so happy with results and will most likely do them for the rest of my life now
Old 10-31-2015, 03:35 PM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BarbiePink View Post
I've definitely been thinking of adding some filler, too, and just the other day I pointed out to my BF that my corners turned down. I had no idea filler would help fix that! That's great! I also have pretty full lips naturally, but (I hate to say it!) I like that slightly overdone "Kardashian" look. Is that wrong?!? Lol!
I love it! That's me in a nutshell, too, BP! I'm going thru he process right now as well, can't wait to see my results! Best wishes everyone!!
Old 10-31-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by BarbiePink View Post

I hope you will post some before and afters of your lips, if that's allowed here. I'd love to see the difference it makes!

What kind of filler will you be using?

As I'm a big believer in the wonder of pictures, and how much they can help peoples confidence, yes I will do before and afters!

The nurse didnt actually name it, but based on the pricign on the website, Juvaderm Utlra Plus matches the price she quoted me ($696NZ which works out at $472USD).

And finally - my BF made me look through pictures of girls who's had fillers and, I was disturbed to realise that Kylie Jenners lips were on my "like" pile. I'm not a big follower of the Kardashians, all I knew was that people made fun of her for her lips of something...

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-31-2015, 04:15 PM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by summer_bunny View Post
As I'm a big believer in the wonder of pictures, and how much they can help peoples confidence, yes I will do before and afters!

The nurse didnt actually name it, but based on the pricign on the website, Juvaderm Utlra Plus matches the price she quoted me ($696NZ which works out at $472USD).

And finally - my BF made me look through pictures of girls who's had fillers and, I was disturbed to realise that Kylie Jenners lips were on my "like" pile. I'm not a big follower of the Kardashians, all I knew was that people made fun of her for her lips of something...

Yay!!! to all of the above!! Lol!!

Old 10-31-2015, 04:48 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I've been getting my lips done for almost 3 years. Expect swelling and bruising. I take arnica and bromelian before and after.

BoomBoom30 and SaucyMinx like this.

Last edited by Linaki; 10-31-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-31-2015, 07:26 PM

MommyHaz is on a distinguished road
I'm curious about this.
It's $450ish to get it done? And how often do you do it?
Old 10-31-2015, 07:47 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Red face

I think it's more than that in the US. I pay about $600 per syringe and usually do 2 syringes. Also, do it on a Friday if you work. By the next day the bruising and swelling is hard to hide. I can use concealer by Monday. I do it every 6 months- JUVEDERM XC.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I've been getting my lips done for almost 3 years. Expect swelling and bruising. I take arnica and bromelian before and after.
I'm going to the health shop during lunch today (if I make it to lunch time, damn migraine) to get arnica - I've never heard of the other thing but it looks like the health shop has that too, so might as well grab some.

MommyHaz - I'm a first timer, and in a different country, so the price I have to pay will be different...

When I was in America for my boobs I discovered that rather than everything being about the same price as in NZ, but in a different currency (so something that cost $5 NZ would cost about $2.80 US which is the equivalent amount), it cost the same in US dollars as it did in NZ dollars (something that was $5 NZ cost $5 US as well, which made it about twice as expensive)

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-01-2015, 01:08 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by summer_bunny View Post
I'm going to the health shop during lunch today (if I make it to lunch time, damn migraine) to get arnica - I've never heard of the other thing but it looks like the health shop has that too, so might as well grab some.

MommyHaz - I'm a first timer, and in a different country, so the price I have to pay will be different...

When I was in America for my boobs I discovered that rather than everything being about the same price as in NZ, but in a different currency (so something that cost $5 NZ would cost about $2.80 US which is the equivalent amount), it cost the same in US dollars as it did in NZ dollars (something that was $5 NZ cost $5 US as well, which made it about twice as expensive)
I would get the bromelian also. The swelling is significant and will make you want to hide in the house.

SaucyMinx likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-02-2015, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I would get the bromelian also. The swelling is significant and will make you want to hide in the house.
Yeah - my plan is to take Friday off. Unfortunately I haven't found a place in the region that has someone doing lips on fridays. Thursday's my best choice.

Unfortunately, the health shop I checked today doesn't sell bromelian. And they're one of the two chains that'll have it, Tomorrow I'll check the other.

SaucyMinx likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM

I'm getting my lips done again tomorrow

I got them done waaaay back in 2015 - either 1cc topped up to 1.5ccs two weeks later, or 1.5ccs topped up to two (I actually can't remember.

Six to nine months later, in 2016, I topped them up with another 1cc.

But it was in January this year, when a guy asked me if ~ because my boobs were fake ~ my lips were fake, since they're so big. And I looked at myself in the mirror, properly looked at my lips, and gasped.

Because OMG my lips were fully back to natural.

I quickly took profile view pics and compared to back when my lips were 2 weeks post injection. Yup, definitely back to my normal lips.

I've had to wait until now to get them re-done, because I've had three running events and it is the most uncomfortable thing ever to run with freshly done lips.

Aynway, I'm on Bromelain and Arnica to reduce potential bruising. I'm hoping to convince my lip lady to give me 2ccs. My partner wants more than that hahaha.

The worst part? My lip lady only works Thursdays, and she's only there in the morning. So I'll be coming back from my lunch break looking like I was punched in the face!!

Linaki likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE