Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Starry Eyed
  • 1 Post By SaucyMinx
  • 1 Post By offshore
  • 1 Post By RxTitties
  • 1 Post By SaucyMinx
  • 1 Post By NsuYuel
  • 1 Post By SaucyMinx
  • 1 Post By NsuYuel

Nervous for my first-ever plastic procedure! Help!

Old 11-04-2015, 11:19 PM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Nervous for my first-ever plastic procedure! Help!

This is insane! I've wanted a BA since I was 13 (and I'm 32 now!) and I've been researching it for years. I set a date and cancelled it because my ex wouldn't support me and now I'm ready to do it for myself, by myself this spring. I've wanted to get my lips plumped up for the last number of years and tonight I got the name of a referral and I've been taking arnica pills for almost a week in anticipation.

Let's be honest, I'm very petite and I like a look that says "yes, she did it!" All that said, I'm going to call a PS to make an appointment for lip injections tomorrow and I'm freaking out about it! I figure I'll go in Monday. I feel like I won't be all-natural anymore, which is ridiculous because I don't want to look natural! I wanna look better-than-natural!!! I keep thinking about complications and then my mind races back to the fact I'll never again be just as I am right now. I'm happy with me and I love me, but I want a little fake-ness! Ahhhh!

I know my mind is playing tricks on me because I've seen it all before on JBI (which is helping me a bit now!) but I need some bon mots/encouragement here! Anyone else have a last-ditch worry that was out of characteristic and how did you deal with it?
Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 PM
yee

yee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SaucyMinx View Post
This is insane! I've wanted a BA since I was 13 (and I'm 32 now!) and I've been researching it for years. I set a date and cancelled it because my ex wouldn't support me and now I'm ready to do it for myself, by myself this spring. I've wanted to get my lips plumped up for the last number of years and tonight I got the name of a referral and I've been taking arnica pills for almost a week in anticipation.

Let's be honest, I'm very petite and I like a look that says "yes, she did it!" All that said, I'm going to call a PS to make an appointment for lip injections tomorrow and I'm freaking out about it! I figure I'll go in Monday. I feel like I won't be all-natural anymore, which is ridiculous because I don't want to look natural! I wanna look better-than-natural!!! I keep thinking about complications and then my mind races back to the fact I'll never again be just as I am right now. I'm happy with me and I love me, but I want a little fake-ness! Ahhhh!

I know my mind is playing tricks on me because I've seen it all before on JBI (which is helping me a bit now!) but I need some bon mots/encouragement here! Anyone else have a last-ditch worry that was out of characteristic and how did you deal with it?
Giiiiirrrrrrrllll. Calm yourself! Lips are such a great starting point. And trustttttt me, you'll get them done, love them, and think I want more. I get 1 syringe and have for years and no one even knows. It gives me a fuller lip without anything extravagant. You may be a bit swollen at first but they calm down after a couple days. Worst case, if you absolutely despise your fillers, they have a product to dissolve it. No worries.

It's a little weird feeling "unnatural" if that's your thing but trust me you forget about it so quickly. I would hate to have my skinny, asymmetrical top lip back now that I know the other side.
The Following User Says Thank You to yee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2015, 06:23 PM
I love my husband!

Starry Eyed is on a distinguished road
I think it's completely natural to feel nervous before your procedure. I was so excited for my BA, but just before I completely lost it. I didn't tell anyone because I knew that the negativity I would undoubtably hear would make me back out. I think you will love your lips. If not, you can undo it. Try to just be excited! It's a fun thing for you!

yee likes this.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:05 PM

Loveabull will become famous soon enough Loveabull will become famous soon enough
Keep us updated on your lips. I am wanting to get mine filled. I'm sure you will love them! How exciting!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-14-2015, 06:49 PM

Oh my goooooodness, I LOVE my half syringe of Juvederm and I'm going back for more! I tracked it all in a thread called "my journey to lip fillers", but I'll say it got worse when a girl friend asked me not to. Then my doctor kept me waiting for an hour and I spent the whole time freaking out. I love them though! Applying lipstick, even just talking is fun! I went shopping and couldn't pay attention to the clothes, my mouth was so awesome haha

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:07 PM

offshore is on a distinguished road
Haha OMGOSHH I'm excited for you. I have points at where I get anxious as well but if you've done the research and you've been looking at doing this for years just do it! Have no regrets I've found to trust myself. My hubby doesnt agree with every little thing I do either. But he has always said if it makes me happy it makes him happy. And it's true!! Remember this is a confidence booster. You deserve it! Go get those voluptuous lips girl! I have a feeling you're going to be hooked ;-)
Old 11-14-2015, 10:12 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Haha OMGOSHH I'm excited for you. I have points at where I get anxious as well but if you've done the research and you've been looking at doing this for years just do it! Have no regrets I've found to trust myself. My hubby doesnt agree with every little thing I do either. But he has always said if it makes me happy it makes him happy. And it's true!! Remember this is a confidence booster. You deserve it! Go get those voluptuous lips girl! I have a feeling you're going to be hooked ;-)
I'm totally hooked! I don't have boobies yet, but I bet I'll like both the same! Seriously, that's how much I love my lips!! Thanks, girl!

Don't worry about the hubby, just keep pursuing you. That's so important for your life and your relationship. When I was married I couldn't be me and pursue my plastic - and many other real - ambitions. It's such a gift to have that leeway to be YOU! It sounds like you don't undervalue that
Old 11-17-2015, 12:48 PM

offshore is on a distinguished road
I definitely don't undervalue that lol! I love what you said too about how you want a little fakeness. I know what you mean. Bc I've tried to find boobie goal pictures that look big and natural but at the end of the day I need to be real with myself....I don't reeealy want them to look natural. They're going to be gorgeous but it's gonna be obvious I had some work! And I feel like if you can accept that then go for it
Originally Posted by SaucyMinx View Post
I'm totally hooked! I don't have boobies yet, but I bet I'll like both the same! Seriously, that's how much I love my lips!! Thanks, girl!

Don't worry about the hubby, just keep pursuing you. That's so important for your life and your relationship. When I was married I couldn't be me and pursue my plastic - and many other real - ambitions. It's such a gift to have that leeway to be YOU! It sounds like you don't undervalue that

SaucyMinx likes this.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:18 PM

RxTitties is on a distinguished road
I'm debating on this kind of procedure. I love how my lips feel after a good 'midnight work out' and i love playing with them the morning after. I do love the feel of plump lips. I want a BA so badly though, first. Ugh!

P.S. i don't even mind looking somewhat fake. People who never knew me won't know the difference anyway!

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by RxTitties View Post
P.S. i don't even mind looking somewhat fake. People who never knew me won't know the difference anyway!
So far no one knows the difference. I only have half a syringe but I'm doing another half before the holidays, but I'm sure it will be the same.

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:15 AM
*squish*

NsuYuel will become famous soon enough NsuYuel will become famous soon enough
Keep us posted on how the extra filler feels!! :3 I am tempted to maybe get a little filler after my smile makeover >< That will be my gift to myself aftee I graduate D:

I am so glad you are enjoying the look of your lips now!!

SaucyMinx likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-19-2015, 12:04 AM

I'll def update after I get the extra filler. I couldn't get an appointment with enough lead time to the holidays - I didn't wanna be swollen, or worse, bruised on Thanksgiving - so I'm going back on December 2nd. I can't wait! I definitely recommend it, Nsu, it would be a good treat and a good pick-me-up if you're still having the boobie blues!

NsuYuel likes this.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:47 AM
*squish*

NsuYuel will become famous soon enough NsuYuel will become famous soon enough
I will do it after I get my teeth done >:3, right now I don't want to draw attention to my mouth, I'm so self conscious! haha Though I guess after 800's people aren't really looking at my face anymore...!!

yee likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-02-2016, 11:20 PM

Finally getting round two

I go in for round two of Juvederm tomorrow. I feel bad, my boyfriend just told me I have the perfect lips this weekend. He knows I have fillers (I'm 90% sure I told him), we're a new but super close couple. He also knows I've been wanting a BA. Still, I won't be seeing him for a week so I scheduled round two now so he won't have to see the swelling, bruising (heaven willing there won't be any) and eating bite-sized pieces of mushy food to avoid hurting my mouth. I'll tell him if he asks about my new look but I generally feel that since we're not married I'm entitled to a little mystery surrounding my beauty regimen.