Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 2 Post By March90
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Starry Eyed

Weird/Rude Comments About Your New Lips? All-time and Holiday Edition.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:01 PM

SaucyMinx is on a distinguished road
Cool Weird/Rude Comments About Your New Lips? All-time and Holiday Edition.

So I just got Juvederm for the first time yesterday - half a syringe and I'm going to go back for more, probably the other half. I'm very petite and I have a small mouth and a small face - thanks, doc, for pointing that out lol! - so my already generous lips look big now and may look slightly "done" if I add another half... but I'm greedy for more upper lip and I already paid for it!

Before I go back for more, I will have seen all the people I typically see on a weekly basis - my friends and fellow congregants at religious services, my parents, a few friends - so those folks will get used to seeing me bigger. Those people will see me go big slowly and, I'm assuming, may not notice exactly what's different about the Minx. My concern is with the holidays coming around the corner, my sister comes into town from out of state and I'll see family and friends that I only see at the holidays... In spite of distance, we're very close and I'm worried about awkward moments or comments, especially from my beloved but mouthy sister!

Any advice or amusing anecdotes about comments you've had after lip injections/surgery? From strangers and family/friends would be very helpful!
Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I get 2 syringes and no on in my family has ever asked me anything about my lips. You'll be fine.

Asdfghjkl1 and SaucyMinx like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-11-2015, 07:58 PM

Thanks, Linaki! Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I feel like mine is the family that's gonna be loud-mouthed and say something about it. I've been through a lot in the past few years so they're highly in-tuned with me/I'm somewhat under a spotlight. I look forward to any more stories!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:38 AM

123Transformed is on a distinguished road
I'm really sensitive and I dislike confrontation as well. The best advice I've ever read on hear is when a member told her family that she didn't need their approval or disapproval. Remind your family that you're going to make your own decisions. They may not be always thrilled with them, but you still deserve respect and dignity, not zingers. Hope that helps!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SaucyMinx View Post
Thanks, Linaki! Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I feel like mine is the family that's gonna be loud-mouthed and say something about it. I've been through a lot in the past few years so they're highly in-tuned with me/I'm somewhat under a spotlight. I look forward to any more stories!
You may have missed my point. The change may be obvious to you but it most likley won't be obvious to anyone else. You'd have to get 3 full syringes for it to be that noticeable. Even with one it will he subtle. My BFF is one who would notice anything I did and I've never even told her I do it.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-12-2015, 03:50 PM

I totally missed that! Haha

I'm at my parents' place and they haven't noticed. I think you're right, people don't look at your lips that much I guess!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:17 PM

March90 will become famous soon enough
If you aren't telling anybody I say don't sweat it. If you do choose to tell anyone, always be prepared for unwelcome comments and opinions.

I'll share my recent experience dealing with this.... I hadn't told my sister about my lip injections, Halloween night I sent her a picture. She responded back saying how proud she was to have such a pretty sister. I told her the following week I got my lips done, she wasn't too thrilled. The next picture I sent her, she responded back saying she "wished I hadn't done that to my face".... She couldn't even tell in the Halloween pic (and I was freshly injected too! Swollen and all) but apparently I ruined my face a week later when all the swelling was gone and my 1 ml barely looked noticeable.

I am a very idgaf kind of person when it comes to admitting my plastic stuff. But if you are concerned, I would honestly just keep it hush. I doubt anyone will notice.

Linaki and SaucyMinx like this.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by March90 View Post
If you aren't telling anybody I say don't sweat it. If you do choose to tell anyone, always be prepared for unwelcome comments and opinions.

I'll share my recent experience dealing with this.... I hadn't told my sister about my lip injections, Halloween night I sent her a picture. She responded back saying how proud she was to have such a pretty sister. I told her the following week I got my lips done, she wasn't too thrilled. The next picture I sent her, she responded back saying she "wished I hadn't done that to my face".... She couldn't even tell in the Halloween pic (and I was freshly injected too! Swollen and all) but apparently I ruined my face a week later when all the swelling was gone and my 1 ml barely looked noticeable.

I am a very idgaf kind of person when it comes to admitting my plastic stuff. But if you are concerned, I would honestly just keep it hush. I doubt anyone will notice.
Totally agree. My daughter was always telling me not to do anything to my face. Now I don't tell her and she doesn't notice. Everyone is happy.

Woo and March90 like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-15-2015, 11:03 PM

Whoa, Linaki and March, I hadn't even thought about people's sensitivity to changing your face. Heck, even I had a momentary "should I or shouldn't I?" pause. Sooo no tipsy revelations over the holidays, huh ? Forget it, I'll just take in the compliments instead!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:06 PM
I love my husband!

Starry Eyed is on a distinguished road
People may notice that you look a little prettier than normal, but they probably won't be able to tell why. Especially if it is a small change. I got a rhinoplasty, and no one even noticed. I though it would be obvious to anyone who knew me, but apparently I was very sensitive about it, and other people didn't even notice it so much. If it makes you more comfortable and confident, do it. Most people, even those close to you, won't even notice.

SaucyMinx likes this.