Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By MightyMinx

Finally Took the Plunge!

Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Mightiest of Minxes

MightyMinx is on a distinguished road
Finally Took the Plunge!

I finally took the plunge yesterday and got the lip fillers I've been on the fence about for a few months now. I knew going in that I wanted a significant change - to be honest, I was after those 'DSL's', haha! I had a handful of pictures that I showed the aesthetician as a reference, she took a look and said that she could do it, but wanted to be sure that I knew it would be a big change and I would look quite obviously different. I said that was OK and we got right down to business.

The actual procedure itself, once my lips were numbed up, probably took about 20 minutes. She was very professional and seemed to be very attentive to the little details and making sure everything was balanced. When all was said and done, I got two syringes of Juvederm, probably 2/3rds of it in my upper lip and 1/3rd in the lower, which before the procedure was distinctly more full than the upper lip.

There was some pain involved, but nothing outrageous. I would say at its worst it was a 4/10. They did apply topical numbing cream (they actually gave a cup of it to me and let me apply it myself) which helped a lot. My lips are CRAZY swollen right now, especially the top one, and there is some noticeable bruising on both lips and a little bit on one side above my top lip as well. The nurse explained that because of how much more she had to put in the upper lip, and how many times she inserted the syringe, it would be quite a bit more swollen and take longer to settle than the lower lip, which has proven to be accurate. They've already gone down a bit just in the last day and I think the final results will be just what I was seeking. I was instructed that I shouldn't "love or hate my lips for two weeks", so I am reserving judgment right now, but I'm very optimistic.

I am hoping that they end up looking beautiful and I will probably be getting them done again in six to eight months to keep them looking luscious!

I'll try to update again once the two weeks have passed with my final thoughts and maybe some photos.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:32 PM
I love my husband!

Starry Eyed is on a distinguished road
I hope you heal well and love your new lips.