Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Permalip questions

Old 08-10-2016, 11:54 AM

BetterInTX is on a distinguished road
Permalip questions

Hi,

I consulted with a surgeon a couple years back about these and became a bit put off after that, but I've been seeing more and more nice results photos on the other big surgical site (along with some not so nice unfortunately) so I'm thinking about it again. One of the things that put me off was that the surgeon I consulted with said that the area of your lips that gained the most volume was the bottom of your top lip and the top of your bottom lip. In other words making your mouth just appear smaller rather than making you lips rolled out and pouty. But after seeing more photos it doesn't seem to me like this has to be the case and I'm thinking maybe it has more to do with his placement technique?

I was also kind of shocked by the quote. It was like $4500 for what I'm led to believe is just a 20 minute non sedation procedure. Does this sound realistic? What are others paying for this?

I already have moderately full natural lips but as I'm getting older I feel like I'm starting to lose volume and starting to get some fine lines around them. I know that I can't afford to get on the filler path long term so I'd rather not even start down it

Any feedback would be welcome!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:10 AM

BarbiePink will become famous soon enough
I just wanted to bump this thread, as I'd love to hear other ladies thoughts, as well. I'm seriously considering a permanent lip solution, as I like a more over filled look and I figure surgery would actually be more economical.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:15 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I did a fair amount of research on it and found that not many PS do the procedure which made me less comfortable with it. I read reviews on it and they weren't great and apparently you have to take anti-viral medication (the herpes medication) for quite some time afterwards. I was still ok with all that- what made me decide not to pursue was that as I continue to age my face shape and size will change. The reason I wanted it was because I've already lost volume in my lips. At some point though my lips are going to be way bigger than my face and that is going to look ridiculous on me. As long as I stick with fillers I have control over the look and if I want to tone it down I can. With a permanent structure in my lips I wouldn't have that option. Interestingly, I haven't even done any filler this year. I've traveled and enjoyed some other things in my life and I am learning to accept myself 'as is" in a more objective way. I may change my mind and start again but that's the beauty of something less permanent.
I'll be interested to see what you find in your research.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE