Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Woo
  • 1 Post By Momo17
  • 1 Post By Woo
  • 3 Post By Linaki
  • 3 Post By Momo17

First time lip filler

Old 12-15-2016, 10:22 AM

Momo17 is on a distinguished road
First time lip filler

Hi everyone!
I'm saving money for my BL/BA, but since xmas is coming and I'm going to have a little extra money I was thinking about getting a lip filler.

I've always hated my upper lip and I've seen such beautiful results with juvederm.

I have some questions, since this would be my first time. Does it hurt really bad? Can I use something like emla?

I was also wondering if it makes a lot of difference from one doc to another. I mean, I don't know any cosmetic doctor and very few have juvederm before and afters on their websites (here in Milan). So I'm a little scared of going to the wrong one and end up with ugly lips lol
Old 12-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Woo

Woo is on a distinguished road
It depends where you go how they numb you. I have had full dental blocks, just numbing cream & numbing injections just above my lip & one where I wasn't really numb at all! If you are numbed correctly it is very comfortable & even when I wasn't numb it honestly wasn't that bad & I am a sook!

I really think that it makes a difference who you go & see. When i first started out I didn't research my injectors properly, I just assumed that because they were working at a reputable place that they would be of a certain standard & I found that wasn't true. I've had some not so good results (but easy fix to dissolve it, just a waste of money) SO if you can go by word of mouth and ask lots of questions. I love having my lips done and don't think I could go back now.

Good luck hope you find someone great & love your results x

Bongodrums and BarbiePink like this.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Woo View Post
It depends where you go how they numb you. I have had full dental blocks, just numbing cream & numbing injections just above my lip & one where I wasn't really numb at all! If you are numbed correctly it is very comfortable & even when I wasn't numb it honestly wasn't that bad & I am a sook!

I really think that it makes a difference who you go & see. When i first started out I didn't research my injectors properly, I just assumed that because they were working at a reputable place that they would be of a certain standard & I found that wasn't true. I've had some not so good results (but easy fix to dissolve it, just a waste of money) SO if you can go by word of mouth and ask lots of questions. I love having my lips done and don't think I could go back now.

Good luck hope you find someone great & love your results x
Thank you so much!
Well, from what I've read most injectors here in Italy don't use a dental block, they say it doesn't hurt that bad but a numbing cream can be used before the procedure.
Fact is I really hate needles, especially when in such a sensitive place, mostly because I had terrible experiences in the past with procedures involving my mouth and teeth. :/

Anyway can I ask you one more thing?
Would I be able to not tell anyone about the filler? Or is it too obvious the first few days? Thanks again!

Woo likes this.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Woo

Woo is on a distinguished road
No problems! The first two days I am always swollen so its hard to hide. Make sure to ice on and off that first day to reduce the swelling I find it helps so much. I forgot to ice the last time I had it done and I was very swollen for almost a week! If you don't want anyone knowing I would just plan to get it done where you have a few days to yourself. I tried to hide it from my husband & as soon as he saw me he knew lol

I've had lots of dental work done & really don't like stuff done to my mouth either, I think I can tolerate getting my lips done because its for a good cause to look better haha! I find it does sting more around the cupids bow but it is quick. If they offer the numbing cream get it as it does work & just tell them of your fears I find its better to be upfront and honest when I'm a bit afraid of a procedure I think they try and help me through it more.

Let me know how you go?

Momo17 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2016, 02:55 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I've done it 4 times and they numbed me up enough that it wasn't painful at all. I did swell and bruise a lot so be prepared for that. I took arnica before and after to help. First 3 days were the worst.

I also agree with Woo that it would be hard to hide the first few days.

Bongodrums, Momo17 and Gigs like this.

Last edited by Linaki; 12-16-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 06:07 AM

Thank you both! I'll let you know how it goes!

Linaki, Woo and Shadow16 like this.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:52 PM
d90

d90 is on a distinguished road
I got my lips filled with juvederm on my first follow up appointment after my BA. I had my surgeon numb my mouth which did sting but once the numbing kicked in, I didn't feel the juvederm go in. My mouth was really swollen afterwards and honestly the swelling went down a little in the following 48 hours but took around a week to go away fully. I was worried during that time my lips were going to stay looking like that but they look really natural now i'm super happy.