Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree34Likes
  • 2 Post By BooBitties
  • 7 Post By SeekAndDestroy
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 4 Post By Bongodrums
  • 2 Post By Lizy
  • 5 Post By BooBitties
  • 4 Post By hockeymom29
  • 1 Post By BooBitties
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Bongodrums
  • 1 Post By hockeymom29
  • 3 Post By Bongodrums
  • 1 Post By Linaki

Self Ordering/ Injecting Lip Filler! Thoughts? Experience?

Old 03-13-2017, 12:56 PM

BabygirlBarbie is on a distinguished road
Self Ordering/ Injecting Lip Filler! Thoughts? Experience?

Hey Ladies,
I'm back!
It's been a while and while the boobs have settled, the boobie greed is as strong as ever.
I'm considering getting into more fillers, and it's a lot more price friendly if you order it yourself and have a provider do it for you, or do it yourself.

Have you and would you?

xoxo Barbie

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-13-2017, 02:06 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
How would you know you are getting the same thing that a doctor would receive? It could be hair gel in a vial. By law, Juvederm, Botox, Restylane cannot be sold to anyone without a medical license.

Have you found a provider and if so, how is it cheaper? They will not inject if for free. It would come with a hefty price tag, like their medical license. At least that's how it is in the US.

What country are you in and have you looked into the legalities of it if you are not in the US?

snowlover25 and Bongodrums like this.

Last edited by BooBitties; 03-13-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:14 AM
Searching for a Revision Dr

Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green & we talk about teetays
SeekAndDestroy will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:23 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
That would be completely illegal in the US. I'm not even sure Americans would be allowed to purchase it. I do Botox and juvederm and there is more to it than a syringe and the drug. Doctors go to Med school for a reason. I worked with a neurologist who did Botox for Parkinson's patients. He would give his staff the leftovers. I wouldn't even let him inject me!

BooBitties and Bongodrums like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-14-2017, 09:57 AM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
I am posting to vehemently echo the very valid warnings that the other ladies have already mentioned. There are just soooo many ways this situation could result in an epic "fail." Please do not do this!

BooBitties, Linaki, Gigs and 1 others like this.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:59 PM
At the end of the race they're in just the right place !!

Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light Lizy is a glorious beacon of light
Never Never..............No, No......Please don't !

I have found a physician who works from her home so she can raise her children. She is board certified and licensed. She prefers aesthetic work to hospital medicine so she can raise her family. I found her word of mouth and she is extremely reputable.....Its a medical setting.......

Keep looking

BooBitties and Bongodrums like this.

Lizy's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Thanks for your replies, ladies.

Just for the record, it is legal to order it in the UK and the US.
My injector did great, and the results are excellent.

Not suggesting let anyone do it willy nilly, but it's viable if you do your research

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-06-2017, 05:08 PM

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
I will restate that it is illegal for anyone other than a doctor (or a licensed practioner) to receive/ORDER without being under a doctor's supervision lip filler or any kind of filler in the United States. Can you provide proof that the restriction has been lifted? I can't find that anywhere. The government will not give up that power. I found loads of sites that are selling garbage, but I can't seem to order directly through the only approved suppliers of the injectables aka the manufacturer without a license to practice medicine. Can't even create an account without a valid license so you probably bought some watered down counterfeit version if you did not purchase it directly from the manufacturer.

"In the U.S., only FDA-approved fillers may be sold to licensed health care practitioners and should be used under their supervision, said administration spokeswoman Jennifer Rodriguez. "The FDA has not approved any dermal filler devices for self-injection," she said in an e-mail.
Consumers who buy unapproved fillers on the Internet from foreign countries are doing so illegally, whether they realize it or not. The FDA acknowledges that there may be medical circumstances under which U.S. citizens might seek treatment with unapproved drugs sold in other countries, but its policy states this "does not give a license to individuals to import unapproved drugs for personal use into the United States."

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article...se-5493390.php

"If you don’t have a license to practice medicine, you are not legally eligible to buy dermal fillers and neurotoxins. "
https://www.aestheticadvancements.co...ermal-fillers/

http://www.cbs46.com/story/17967514/...hout-a-license

http://iapam.com/using-botox-from-canada-in-the-us.html

https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/.../UCM437012.pdf

https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P.../ucm227749.htm

https://dermahealthinstitute.com/art...ormation-know/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1665216.html

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con.../ucm048377.htm

Last edited by BooBitties; 04-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BooBitties For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2017, 06:09 PM

hockeymom29 will become famous soon enough
Lets pray it is a watered down version. The quack in the same office as my hack PS was on a restricted license because he was caught injecting an unapproved drug used for animals into peoples faces, calling it Botox.

BooBitties, Linaki, Lizy and 1 others like this.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hockeymom29 View Post
Lets pray it is a watered down version. The quack in the same office as my hack PS was on a restricted license because he was caught injecting an unapproved drug used for animals into peoples faces, calling it Botox.
Oh no!! That's awful! Some people have been severely disfigured because of stuff like that.

hockeymom29 likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Oh no!! That's awful! Some people have been severely disfigured because of stuff like that.
There was an episode of Botched where a lady had cement injected in her face.

BooBitties likes this.

Last edited by Linaki; 04-06-2017 at 06:42 PM.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-06-2017, 06:43 PM

I remember that episode! I felt so bad for her. How could anyone do that to someone?!?
Old 04-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
There was an episode of Botched where a lady had cement injected in her face.
Another poor lady is caught up in a lawsuit for cement injections to her rear; so sad

Linaki likes this.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:10 PM

hockeymom29 will become famous soon enough
OMG I cant remember where I saw it but some doctor was injecting caulk you put on your windows and Fix a Flat tire sealer in peoples butts and legs. Seriously who in the hell would hire a "doctor" to come to your bedroom and do this stuff??????

Another woman died because she had full body lipo in her bedroom while her 12 year old daughter watched.The doctor put the fat in a black trash bag by the garage door when he left. She oozed to death two days later there. WTF!!!! Her poor daughter was the one who had to call 911.

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by hockeymom29 View Post
OMG I cant remember where I saw it but some doctor was injecting caulk you put on your windows and Fix a Flat tire sealer in peoples butts and legs. Seriously who in the hell would hire a "doctor" to come to your bedroom and do this stuff??????

Another woman died because she had full body lipo in her bedroom while her 12 year old daughter watched.The doctor put the fat in a black trash bag by the garage door when he left. She oozed to death two days later there. WTF!!!! Her poor daughter was the one who had to call 911.
I'd rather be curveless, overweight, and wrinkled than to subject myself (and my family) to that kind of horror. Apparently, they do this at "parties," where these "injectors" basically act like traveling salesmen. Hollywood needs to make a horror flick about this subject so these girls get a healthy sense of fear here (it worked for me! I never visited any more tanning beds after I watched Final Destination 2 lol)

Linaki, hockeymom29 and CFboobies like this.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:58 AM

With all due politeness, ladies, parties with industrial silicone has nothing to do with what I was discussing.

For those interested, in the UK one is allowed to learn to inject- they have a different view.
My purchases were made from companies that viably sell wholesale and came from the manufacturer.

Yes, I verified it.

It's not to say that one should do whatever, but the connection between what I was discussing and caulking cement is pretty tenuous.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-08-2017, 04:24 PM

missmolly is on a distinguished road
EEK!

I don't care if its legal or not I would not want just anyone injecting me with god knows what. Non board certified plastic surgeons can give boob jobs, nose jobs etc but that doesn't mean they should. Not worth the risk IMO.

It just takes one bad experience for someone to mess up your face for life.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:51 PM

I have the opportunity to get Botox from my neurologist and my physical medicine/rehab physician both of whom do Botox. They have both offered to inject my face with the leftovers from my injections for medical reasons. I've passed on both of them. I'm not saying anything bad would happen at all, I love them both but *I* prefer to have my PS do my face. He's one of the top injectors in the US and he does a fantastic job.
Twice I had it done by an ENT at my hospital who was doing it for employees only for $10 a unit. It was painful and she clearly wasn't very experienced with doing it. I ended up back at my PS and remembered how it should be.
Others feel differently and that's totally fine- many of my friends get their botox done for free by doctors they work with (perks of working with 1000 doctors lol) I just prefer to go with a PS.

BrunetteBabyxo likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE