Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

How long does the post-op look last?

Old 07-25-2019, 04:46 PM

feelsliketheend will become famous soon enough feelsliketheend will become famous soon enough
How long does the post-op look last?

Hello to everyone!!
Iím very aware of the fact that everyone has their own experiences and we all are different, but.....how long has the post-op effects lasted on you?
When I say ďpost-op effectĒ I mostly talk about bruises and swelling...
I had 1 ml Ultra 3 in March (first time) and:
- I had dark purple bruises (so dark that I couldnít cover with any kind of lipsticks, primer, etc) for about 20 days;
- my lips were so swollen for a month and the swelling of the first 2/3 days was way better than the one that I had for the next week (my lips were bigger after 10 days than the day after);
- I still have hard dimples and lumps, even if a good amount of product has been reabsorbed by my body.
I had a lot of emotional issues because of the long recovery, everyone around me makes jokes about it for almost 2 months (to the point that my colleagues - Iím a teacher at primary school - used to talk to me only using the duck-face even in front of my pupils and their parents) and I donít want to live that again... Thatís the reason why I wanted to do redo this during the holiday...
Unfortunately the first appointment that is available is during the first period of school, in which I donít have to go to school every day, but I canít get more than 3/4 days at home, then full time...
I know that the recovery I had the first time was way unusual even for someone with such sensitive skin/body like me, but what should I expect for the second time? Could it be ok for me to do that and go back to work without being bullied? Whatís your typical experience? When did you get to a normal-but-plumped look? Any suggestions for me with my recovery?
Thank you, thank you so much!!
Old 07-27-2019, 02:48 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by feelsliketheend View Post
Hello to everyone!!
Iím very aware of the fact that everyone has their own experiences and we all are different, but.....how long has the post-op effects lasted on you?
When I say ďpost-op effectĒ I mostly talk about bruises and swelling...
I had 1 ml Ultra 3 in March (first time) and:
- I had dark purple bruises (so dark that I couldnít cover with any kind of lipsticks, primer, etc) for about 20 days;
- my lips were so swollen for a month and the swelling of the first 2/3 days was way better than the one that I had for the next week (my lips were bigger after 10 days than the day after);
- I still have hard dimples and lumps, even if a good amount of product has been reabsorbed by my body.
I had a lot of emotional issues because of the long recovery, everyone around me makes jokes about it for almost 2 months (to the point that my colleagues - Iím a teacher at primary school - used to talk to me only using the duck-face even in front of my pupils and their parents) and I donít want to live that again... Thatís the reason why I wanted to do redo this during the holiday...
Unfortunately the first appointment that is available is during the first period of school, in which I donít have to go to school every day, but I canít get more than 3/4 days at home, then full time...
I know that the recovery I had the first time was way unusual even for someone with such sensitive skin/body like me, but what should I expect for the second time? Could it be ok for me to do that and go back to work without being bullied? Whatís your typical experience? When did you get to a normal-but-plumped look? Any suggestions for me with my recovery?
Thank you, thank you so much!!
It almost sounds like you either had a adverse reaction to the type of filler used or you had a bad injector. Iíve honestly never heard of it taking that long! That is insane. Heck, for a first timer the filler typically only lasts about 3 months, so to be healing for 2 months of it is really not acceptable AT ALL. My advice is try a different injector and possibly even a different filler type.

For faster healing I always use 40% Arnica massage oil Topically and take bromelain capsules. Healed in 3 days!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:02 PM

feelsliketheend will become famous soon enough feelsliketheend will become famous soon enough
Thank you for your answer!!
I hadnít had the chance to talk to the doctor yet (not because he had refused that), but I had reached for the chief nurse, who handles follow-ups, after 7/8 days and he told me that still being a little bit swollen after a week or so isnít that atypical, even if it usually takes less... Iíve contacted him a couple of weeks ago and Iíve told him that the post-op look had lasted so long and he was almost incredule/shocked because, yes, it should last 3/4 days, it can happen that it goes up to a week, but certainly not 3 weeks or more (and I forgot to say in my first post that I still have a small sign of the bruises that I had - where I had the bruises, now I have very light purple lines (very similar to the effect of a lip pencil, but not on all around my mouth, only in some places)...
I have to ďadmitĒ that I havenít used any particular product after the treatment (except what the doctor used himself), mostly because when Iíve noticed, after 4 days, that the swelling was more noticeable, Iíve applied some ice and it got so worse, all the bumps that I had become giant, that I thought ďOk, what Iíve done!?Ē, even if I know itís not because of that...
Iíve read about arnica lately... Iíve asked that to the nurse the last time Iíve talked to him but he told me that it can or canít work, the result is very random...
Having 3 days of recovery would be awesome!! But healed in 3 days means that the extremely fake look caused by the excessive swelling and the bruises was decreased or that in 3 days you gained the final-normal look?

(To be clear: I have nothing against the ďfake lookĒ, if anyone is into it, they should pursuit it, but Iím looking for a plumped-but-natural look, that why I ďcomplainĒ about the ďfake-lookĒ that you have once you get injection. I hope I havenít offended anyone who has read my post.)