Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Anyone try Silicone Injections in the Lips?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 PM

ambie02 is on a distinguished road
Anyone try Silicone Injections in the Lips?

I am scheduled to get silicone injections in the lips on 8/8 when I get lift and ba. Has anyone else ever tried this for perm lip enhancement?
The Following User Says Thank You to ambie02 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Ivy
President of the Universe

Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all
Silicone is not an approved facial filler. I would not have this done. I would run like a bat out of hell from any PS that would do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivy For This Useful Post:
Ina
Old 07-16-2008, 01:01 AM

boobarama is on a distinguished road
I have never heard of this, have you researched it? I had Juvederm done a couple of months ago and love it. Unfortunately it only lasts up to 9mo. I have already noticed a reduction in my lips. I would prefer something that lasts longer if not permanent since it is so pricey.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
I agree with Ivy. Silicone injections can cause tissue inflammation, the liquid silicone can migrate and cause lumps, the inflammation on its own can cause scar tissue build up and lumps. I would not let anyone with a silicone injection near my face, or anything on my body for that matter. Nor a plastic surgeon willing to inject liquid silicone - I would definitely not let them place implants or do any other work on me either, if they're willing to cut corners and do shady work on one thing, how about the other procedures? If you really want to get permanent lip enhancement you should look into lip implants (like gore tex for example).
Old 07-16-2008, 03:12 PM

Mode101 is on a distinguished road
I have read about this on the lip aug forums. They say you have to use a specific silicone, and it HAS to be done in the micro droplet way (I am not exactly sure what that means, but they stress it's the only way to do it). The girls that have it done say you go for about 3 rounds of .5 cc's each (they also stress to use nothing more than that between both lips I think).
It's highly debatable whether it's going to cause issues later down the road. The way it's said to work is, you get tiny, tiny drops injected evenly into your lips and then massage like crazy. Your own tissue recognizes the silicone as a foreign object and begins to "wall" it off from the body with collagen (like how our body walls off our implants with scar tissue). Of course you run HIGH risk for granulomas (spelling?) and inflammation.
Your lips get bigger not from the silicone, but from the bodys attempts at protecting you from it. When you leave the PS's from your injections, you wont see any size change at all, it's in the following months that the size comes. It's really interesting. There are a ton of women who have had this done and are happier than a pig in poop- but it still scares me to have free floating silicone in my body.
If you are dead set on getting this done, please be sure your dr is using the micro-droplet technique, and not just filling your lips up with the silicone (you will most likely be sorry if he does, and need surgery to correct it). There is a great forum all about lips augmentation, just google
Good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM

karenb will become famous soon enough
There is a famous Spanish model (esther Cañadas) who had this done a long, long time ago. She sais sge regrets is to this day, as her her lips are full of bumps and can noy be corrected.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:29 AM

blonde_ambition is on a distinguished road
Did you end up getting the silicone injections? I heard it's possible to have an allergic reaction from this and if that happens it will cause your lips to become really inflamed =( I really want lip injections. I was thinking about trying Radiance since it's temporary and I've heard good things about it so far. =)
Old 09-11-2008, 03:54 AM

vintage is on a distinguished road
What the micro-droplet technique does is prevents a bumpy lip, as you can only be injected by so much silicon at a time. You would need 2-5 treatments to achieve the look you like over a span of 4 weeks between each treatment. This way prevents getting the bumpy lip.

The silicon that is 'safe' for this procedure is called Silikon 1000. Silikon 1000 is FDA approved to use in eye surgeries, though it is not yet FDA approved for lip injections. However, it is completely legal to use for lip injections.

I know someone who has had the Silikon 1000 microdroplet technique done about 5 years ago and she looks amazing, and never has any problems or issues with her lip. Looks and feels completely natural. Just make sure you go to a well-recommended doctor!