Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Juvederm Lip Injections today..pics in post

Reply Subscribe
Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 PM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
Juvederm Lip Injections today..pics in post

So wow..I've been miserable all day since having this procedure done. Not really pain wise, but just swelling and being uncomfortable. I received Juvederm Ultra Plus injections; (1) .8mL syringe.

My swelling has gotten worse as the day has gone on...as you can see in my pics........

First pic was taken about an hour afterwords (I had lip gloss on..I felt like my lips were nearly about to burst!; second pic about 14 hours after the procedure

My lips are very tight and swollen (as you can see from the pictures). I also have some swelling and redness in the general area; mouth folds..which I will be all too happy to see go away!!

Just thought I would share!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lippydame86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM

missbabii is on a distinguished road
wow they are soo plumpp! i'm jealous!!! congrats on your new enhanced lipsss!! so tell me about it, did it hurt real bad? and how long will the results last? mind if i ask a round-about price? i'm really interested as you can tell!! haha
The Following User Says Thank You to missbabii For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 PM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by missbabii View Post
wow they are soo plumpp! i'm jealous!!! congrats on your new enhanced lipsss!! so tell me about it, did it hurt real bad? and how long will the results last? mind if i ask a round-about price? i'm really interested as you can tell!! haha
Hi! Okay...so the entire procedure took about 15 minutes...I was numbed so the pain wasn't bad at all, more pressure than anything Juvederm can last up to 1 year..but my ps says I'm looking probably around the 8 month mark or so (the results he typically sees). My ps charges $500 per syringe; no facility fees or anything because he does it in his office. My lips were already full..I just wanted an extra boost to them so that's why I only went with 1 syringe. I will just be so happy when the swelling goes down. It's been difficult to eat today because my lips are so tight they feel like they are about to burst..lol..but I knew all of this before hand! haha...
The Following User Says Thank You to lippydame86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by lippydame86 View Post
Hi! Okay...so the entire procedure took about 15 minutes...I was numbed so the pain wasn't bad at all, more pressure than anything Juvederm can last up to 1 year..but my ps says I'm looking probably around the 8 month mark or so (the results he typically sees). My ps charges $500 per syringe; no facility fees or anything because he does it in his office. My lips were already full..I just wanted an extra boost to them so that's why I only went with 1 syringe. I will just be so happy when the swelling goes down. It's been difficult to eat today because my lips are so tight they feel like they are about to burst..lol..but I knew all of this before hand! haha...
Wow 15 mins isn't bad! They already look good but I'm sure once you feel better It's gonna look a lot better in your mind when the swelling goes down! I always wanted 2 get this but im afraid that after i get my boobs on the 18th that if i get any other procedure that ppl are gonna pull the "she's addicted to plastic surgery" card lol whateverrr i'll just do whatever makes me happy and feel sexy!
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM

Wow 15 mins isn't bad! They already look good but I'm sure once you feel better It's gonna look a lot better in your mind when the swelling goes down! I always wanted 2 get this but im afraid that after i get my boobs on the 18th that if i get any other procedure that ppl are gonna pull the "she's addicted to plastic surgery" card lol whateverrr i'll just do whatever makes me happy and feel sexy!
HaHa.....I could care less what ppl say..if I want it I'll get it..whatev
But thank you. I have mixed feelings right now because of the swelling and all. I'm sure they will look good and I will be happy in a few days..........good luck and congrats on your surgery!!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 PM

bebby will become famous soon enough bebby will become famous soon enough
Beautiful big boobs and
now Beautiful big lips!
When will you stop making me jealous lol?
You should know this yourself so fresh, we never look so wonderful - its all a part of the healing time, would love to see again when they settle (just to kill me again with jealousy) you will look fine! Take care....
The Following User Says Thank You to bebby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 PM

prrttynpink will become famous soon enough
HaHa.....I could care less what ppl say..if I want it I'll get it..whatev
so true thats how i am. I cant wait to see them i want to get it done but i already have big lips my ps says lol im doin it now
The Following User Says Thank You to prrttynpink For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by bebby View Post
Beautiful big boobs and
now Beautiful big lips!
When will you stop making me jealous lol?
You should know this yourself so fresh, we never look so wonderful - its all a part of the healing time, would love to see again when they settle (just to kill me again with jealousy) you will look fine! Take care....
Oh Bebby..you're always making me laugh with all of the crazy little smilies you add.. and you are crazy..jealous...my goodness..look at your boobies! :O Man sakes alive!!!! hehe

I will definitely post pics when things start settling down! I hated to post the two pics in the beginning because they just look awful....with the swelling and all..I look disgusting....but I figured they may be of some use, maybe..lol

Thank you for the compliment, though!
The Following User Says Thank You to lippydame86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 AM

minkie is on a distinguished road
You will be fine. I have worked at 2 plastic surgeons offices, and those results are very typical. Sometimes we do reccomend arnica montana, which is sold at many plastic surgeons offices, as well as health food stores. Give that a try...
The Following User Says Thank You to minkie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 02:19 AM

bebby will become famous soon enough bebby will become famous soon enough
Ha! I posted my ugly old boobies with cc so you can post your beautiful big fat lippies...
Gotta go now and get me some big fat lippies (gotta keep up with yas)
Hubby just bought a new camera so I have to get something else done to take pics of lol! What a good excuse lol!
Take care and theres another coupla smilies for ya...
Oh Bebby..you're always making me laugh with all of the crazy little smilies you add.. and you are crazy..jealous...my goodness..look at your boobies! :O Man sakes alive!!!! hehe

I will definitely post pics when things start settling down! I hated to post the two pics in the beginning because they just look awful....with the swelling and all..I look disgusting....but I figured they may be of some use, maybe..lol

Thank you for the compliment, though!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bebby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Finally found how to write things here!!! Durr

tigerlily13 is on a distinguished road
You look amazing, swelling and all! Your lips will be smokin once the swelling goes away!
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerlily13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 AM

Pixie* is on a distinguished road
oooh they are great.... i had restylene ages ago and found that sucking ice cubes helped with the swelling etc

Last edited by Pixie*; 12-02-2008 at 02:25 AM. Reason: sp error
The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Bright Shing Star

Storm will become famous soon enough
Lol

Originally Posted by bebby View Post
Ha! I posted my ugly old boobies with cc so you can post your beautiful big fat lippies...
Gotta go now and get me some big fat lippies (gotta keep up with yas)
Hubby just bought a new camera so I have to get something else done to take pics of lol! What a good excuse lol!
Take care and theres another coupla smilies for ya...
LOl you are just a trip
I think you should just go and get her done..
The Following User Says Thank You to Storm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 PM

sooo... its been a couple days, how those sexy lips feelin/lookin???
Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM

wynchester76 is on a distinguished road
So wow..I've been miserable all day since having this procedure done. Not really pain wise, but just swelling and being uncomfortable. I received Juvederm Ultra Plus injections; (1) .8mL syringe.

My swelling has gotten worse as the day has gone on...as you can see in my pics........

First pic was taken about an hour afterwords (I had lip gloss on..I felt like my lips were nearly about to burst!; second pic about 14 hours after the procedure

My lips are very tight and swollen (as you can see from the pictures). I also have some swelling and redness in the general area; mouth folds..which I will be all too happy to see go away!!

Just thought I would share!!
Girl consider urself lucky!!!! Seriously--lol I got fat injections on nov 21st & my lips right now are still bigger than yours! I can sympathize with you so much--my lips have went down a lot but i couldnt even go out in public for the 1st week & 1/2. It is still embarrasing looking but not as bad. I am dealing also with assymetry cause mine aren't going down evenly my right upper lip is higher & my right lower lip is bigger & for some reason very noticeble in corner of mouth as it is big then all of a sudden thin whereas my left side of my mouth seems to taper down nicely into the corners. Not sure if I am explaining any of this well. If you would like to see my pics I will email them to u--trust me after seeing mine u will feel a ton better lol. I also have a post on here with my utube postop video.
The Following User Says Thank You to wynchester76 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by wynchester76 View Post
Girl consider urself lucky!!!! Seriously--lol I got fat injections on nov 21st & my lips right now are still bigger than yours! I can sympathize with you so much--my lips have went down a lot but i couldnt even go out in public for the 1st week & 1/2. It is still embarrasing looking but not as bad. I am dealing also with assymetry cause mine aren't going down evenly my right upper lip is higher & my right lower lip is bigger & for some reason very noticeble in corner of mouth as it is big then all of a sudden thin whereas my left side of my mouth seems to taper down nicely into the corners. Not sure if I am explaining any of this well. If you would like to see my pics I will email them to u--trust me after seeing mine u will feel a ton better lol. I also have a post on here with my utube postop video.
Hi wynchester76; thank you for responding! I watched your youtube video just a moment ago after reading your post, and wow!..you were so swollen I'm glad to hear that you are getting better, however. How was your pain? I really didn't have any afterwords but my lips burnt/stung so bad...I've been eating a lot of popsicles and that in itself has helped a ton. Have you been back to your surgeon? If so, what has he or she said about the asymmetry? Keep me posted on your progress! So far over here I'm doing better..and loving my lips more and more each day Thanks again!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM

sooo... its been a couple days, how those sexy lips feelin/lookin???

Hey missbabbii!!! I'm feeling a lot better..thanks so much for checking on me! Like I told wynchester76, eating popsicles has helped me a ton! My swelling has gone down quite a bit and the redness and swelling around my mouth is pretty much nonexistent. I did have a little bit of bruising on my top lip, right side, but that is also fading away. So far I'm very happy with my decision. My lips are plump and I have a bee stung look, which is exactly what I wanted
Old 12-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Talking

Pic update please!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:03 PM

wynchester76 is on a distinguished road
Hi wynchester76; thank you for responding! I watched your youtube video just a moment ago after reading your post, and wow!..you were so swollen I'm glad to hear that you are getting better, however. How was your pain? I really didn't have any afterwords but my lips burnt/stung so bad...I've been eating a lot of popsicles and that in itself has helped a ton. Have you been back to your surgeon? If so, what has he or she said about the asymmetry? Keep me posted on your progress! So far over here I'm doing better..and loving my lips more and more each day Thanks again!
I had no pain whatsoever; chapstick became a new best friend though lol. My sweeling has gone down tremendously; i posted a 16 day post op vid.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:14 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
lippy - your swelling looks like what can happen if the doc gave you a dental block with sodium bicabonate mixed in (which takes the burn out of the lidocaine/marcaine - whatever anesthetic s/he uses) - it binds to water and gets worse before it gets better. I've seen swelling from it last as long as 10 days whereas if you do the anesthesia without the bicarb you only typically have swelling for a day or two.

Allycat - here's the difference between Restylane, Perlane and Juvederm. Restylane is pretty basic - small molecular size and typically lasts about 5 months in the lips. Good for simple augmentation without being too full. Perlane is essentialy the same (made by the same company) but is a larger molecular size and higher concentration of hyaluronic acid which makes it bind to water that much more - will give you FULL lips. Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus work the same way, one smaller molecular size, the other larger. It's great for volume whereas the Restylane/Perlane is great for reshaping and volumizing the lips.
If I have someone come in for their lips for the first time and they don't want anything too dramatic I'll use the Restylane or the Juvederm Ultra. If they want a major change, I go with Perlane of Juvederm Ultra Plus.
HTH.

jr
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe