Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

lips...

Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 AM

kayleexxx is on a distinguished road
Question lips...

hey i reallyyy want my lips done as they are sooo thin and tiny. ive never really looked into it as i was saving for a ba for years but now i have that id like my lips done.
how big can they make your lips or does it all just depend?
i have no clue about anything about getting your lips fuller.xxx
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM

pinkfeet is on a distinguished road
I just had mine done for the 3rd time.

I had some Juvederm left over the first time and just plumped them a bit on top.

Then I bought a whole tube the second time around and it was 500. Lasted a bit over 6 months for me and I am a nail biter.

I just got refilled 2 weeks ago and I now can't imagine ever not having them done, just a bit makes a difference. I use half a syringe in my lips and my Dr now keeps left overs in storage so I don't waste any money.

The first PS I went to, just tosses it away no matter how much you use!! I was mortified and upset.

I have stopped biting my nails though since I want it to last longer, don't know if it will help but you never know!!

I think next time I will look into a more permanant injection as my injector is good that I use now.

pinkfeet's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-17-2009, 05:19 PM

stargazer will become famous soon enough
There are solid silicone lip implants too, those are permanent. I guess they probably have a different look than injectables though. Also they can do fat transfer to the lips and I think some of it is permanent, like approx. 50% of the fat may disappear over time but half will stay and be permanent. Of course you have to have a little lipo to get the fat. I don't know much about it, just throwing that out there.

I have a thin upper lip and am interested in some kind of lip injections but scared of the pain too! I like the idea of fat transfer but I don't know a lot about it.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:50 PM

jennypoo is on a distinguished road
I just got Juvederm yesterday for my laugh lines, but my PS asked if I would like my "cupids bow" done also. I said of course and she just plumped the points of my upper lip and it now has a nice pout to it. I have full lips to begin with but I really like the pointy pouty top lip. I will post pics of face when my bruising goes away. It is normal to have little bruises at some injection sites. I have 1 little one by my bottom lip.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
lip injectons are totally noticeable - if you want them to be. They can be subtle to dramatic. As far as how full/big you can make them - depends on the shape and fullness of your lips now. If you do too much you can get a "duck" look to your lips which is very unnatural looking.

The implants are great (the newer SurgiSil ones). They are permanent but if you ever want them out they can be taken out. They come in three different sizes and look VERY natural.

I've been injecting my lips (I do my own - I'm a RN injector) for years and am considering the implants later this year. Reason for me is that over time your lips develop scar tissue from the injections and can become hardened and unnatural looking. If I can accomplish the same look with the implants as the filler (which I have seen on many patients and the staff in my office) then I'm all for them!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 PM

Kittycasper is on a distinguished road
I want my lips done soooooo bad. I spend so much money on lip plumping glosses and I'm tiered of it most of them don't work and the ones that do only last an hour or so, that Surgicil implant looks perfect. My DH doesn't want me to get anything else done but I may push on the lip thing down the road. I need to find out if my PS does this.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:46 AM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I beleive on the SurgiSil site you can find docs who have been trained on implanting the lip implants. Just make sure they have done a number of them. It's not that they're hard to do (takes maybe 30 minutes in their office) but I've seen some BAD ones out there where the implant was too big and the patient ended up with sausage lips. ICK!!!!

One thing our docs suggest is that you get your lips injected first to see how you like them before you jump to the implants. That way if you don't like it, it wears off within 6-9 months. You can't put the implants in if you have filler in the lips (well you can, but you'll not get the true final result).

Sounds like around the country about $500 for a syringe of Juvederm or Restylane is the going rate. That's what my office charges as well.

The lip plumpers use mint and cinnamon to "plump" the lips and it is VERY short lasting, if it does anything at all. Personlly, I think they're misleading and a waste of money.

Hope this helps. Do some looking around and check out some before and afters on the lip implants online.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 AM

itsnowornever will become famous soon enough
The lip fusion works PERFECTLY! It does really work. I too was tired of buying that stuff, but the glass really works. The Lip Fusion X2 works wonders! And it doesn't hurt either.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Finally got my money's Worth and then Some!

blondebombshell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by justright View Post
I beleive on the SurgiSil site you can find docs who have been trained on implanting the lip implants. Just make sure they have done a number of them. It's not that they're hard to do (takes maybe 30 minutes in their office) but I've seen some BAD ones out there where the implant was too big and the patient ended up with sausage lips. ICK!!!!

One thing our docs suggest is that you get your lips injected first to see how you like them before you jump to the implants. That way if you don't like it, it wears off within 6-9 months. You can't put the implants in if you have filler in the lips (well you can, but you'll not get the true final result).

Sounds like around the country about $500 for a syringe of Juvederm or Restylane is the going rate. That's what my office charges as well.

The lip plumpers use mint and cinnamon to "plump" the lips and it is VERY short lasting, if it does anything at all. Personlly, I think they're misleading and a waste of money.

Hope this helps. Do some looking around and check out some before and afters on the lip implants online.
OH SH**! I'm obsessing! But I do think I want this, but will lip implant make your lips hard, kissing? Will that change?