Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip Injections

Old 03-27-2009, 01:57 PM

I_Heart_LA is on a distinguished road
Lip Injections

Any recommendations over juvaderm vs. restalyne?

Are the results noticeable?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:21 PM

pipedream is on a distinguished road
I get Juvaderm lip injections and love it! I had a "gummy" smile in pictures because my upper lip curls up a little. Just one syringe is enough for me. It is noticeable enough for me, yet people don't ask me if I've had them done or anything. I would suggest starting out with one and then going back for more if you need it. The Juvaderm seems to be the best filler for the lips. Lasts about 6-9 months.
The Following User Says Thank You to pipedream For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Depends on what you want to do. I prefer to inject Restylane if I need to "reshape" the lips as it's a little more "firm" initially and allows me to push the tissues here and there. You can do the same with Juvederm but becasue its softer it won't hold the same shape as well. Both do great just for fullness and volume. If you're going just for that, then I prefer the Juvederm because it is softer. Both fully soften within 7-10 days so you wont feel them once they're set.

Both work great.

The first time you do Restylane in the lips it'll last about 6 months, but if you do a "touch-up" injection about 4 months later it can last as long as a year to 18 months. Juvederm in the lips averages about 9-12 months.

(I'm an injector (RN)- use this stuff every day on people).

jr