Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.


Best lip filler?

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 567
1hipchick is on a distinguished road
Best lip filler?

I would love to plump up my lips (at least upper lip).

I have tried about every lip plumper on the market and none work. I'd be willing to pay for an injectable if it would last more than a couple of months.

Are there any that last close to a year? I am almost thinking I should try a temp filler to see what size I like, and then get lip implants. I mean, if lip implants are $2000 and injections are $400-500 every 6-12 months, it would make sense over time to just get the implants...right?

Are there any good lip implants out there?
1hipchick is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 538
Daisy02DD is on a distinguished road
I was watching The Dr's
One of there shows they showed a silicone lip procedure there. It was cool, it was almost like they cut on the side of her lip & slid in the silicone lip. I want to do that too but I am scared. I really want my lips done too. My ps doesnt do the silicone lips.
Daisy02DD is offline  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 538
Daisy02DD is on a distinguished road
http://www.thedoctorstv.com/DrOrdon/...4-Lip-Implants
Daisy02DD is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy02DD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 01:36 PM
  #4  
Happily expecting:-)
 
Excited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,373
Excited is on a distinguished road
Dang girl new boobies new lips and new tattoos your going all out lol! Im not sure I've never had lip fillers (been blessed w/full lips lol) but ask your ps I would think he does lip fillers too right?
Excited is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Excited For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 02:44 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: BAY AREA
Posts: 79
glamgirl is on a distinguished road
Smile

well i got juvederm injections on my lips. it looks really natural it just plumps them, i guess it also depends on how many injections u get i only got 1, its supposed to last a whole year, and it was $600 per injection.
glamgirl is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glamgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: buffalo, New York
Posts: 59
wastingwords is on a distinguished road
I got my lips done with restylane when I was 17. There are a few negatives. It lasts 9 months at most and with continued injections your lips can become lumpy from scarred tissue.
wastingwords is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to wastingwords For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 13
sexylilbunny is on a distinguished road
I have Juvederm and love them!
sexylilbunny is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sexylilbunny For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 PM
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 567
1hipchick is on a distinguished road
Thanks ladies!
1hipchick is offline  
Old 07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
  #9  
 
pinkfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Schaumburg,IL
Posts: 128
pinkfeet is on a distinguished road
I get Juvederm, lasts a bit longer than Restylane.. heard Perlane is a bit better to last longer and also heard Evolance is even longer but .. I dont think I would ever consider an implant..Lisa Rinna comes to mind -- she says she has an implant so no go for me....as for scar tissue with continued use -- maybe..which is why I dont get dental block I just have a topical put on when I get mine done.. and thats it.. I dont want more shots than I have to have..
pinkfeet is offline  
Reply
 
pinkfeet's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
  #10  
 
fromb2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 161
fromb2c is on a distinguished road
Phew! Thank you for that feedback

Originally Posted by wastingwords View Post
I got my lips done with restylane when I was 17. There are a few negatives. It lasts 9 months at most and with continued injections your lips can become lumpy from scarred tissue.
I appreciate that - I was considering it but have decided to keep researching - had no idea it can cause scarring!
fromb2c is offline  
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hollywood, Florida
Posts: 215
jice is on a distinguished road
I had Restylane done when I had my breasts done (june)...they looked great but I'm noticing now they are starting to go back down :-( I'm considering implants but I'm really scared to get that awful duck look....just want the subtle look. It's not worth the 700. it cost me for injectables to last only 4 months or so.
jice is offline  
Reply
 
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-07-2009, 10:12 AM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 455
justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Do not put Evolence in your lips, it gets rope-y and lumpy. There is a product called Evolence Breeze that is available in Europe that you can use in the lips, but not the Evolence we have in the states right now. Evolence Breeze will be here in the states in a couple years.

Juvederm and Restylane (Perlane too) are great in the lips and depending on if it's your first time to fill or not you can expect the results to last a minimum of 5 months and a maximum of 18 months. The products tend to last longer with subsequent injections....but there is the risk of scar tissue formation over years of continual injections. FYI: the scar tissue formation is from injections into the lips (as well as some of the filler) and not from the dental block (which should be way up under your lips and not necessarily in them directly)

The PermaSil lip implants are great. They come in three sizes, 3mm, 4mm and 5mm. Most people seem to be getting the 4mm implants and look great. Takes a doc about an hour total to put them in (in the office) and you've got some swelling for a couple weeks (the first few days afterward being the worst) but when all is said and done they look very natural. These are VERY different from lip implants in the past!!!! Much more natural looking.

The girls in the office where I work that have them all look fantastic. Nice thing is that if you don't like them they can be easily removed. The girls say their husbands don't feel them with kissing or anything and they don't notice them anymore (as far as them feeling them in there). I'm considering them myself. I don't want to continue to inject my lips........
justright is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM
  #13  
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!
 
Genie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 695
Genie will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1hipchick View Post
I would love to plump up my lips (at least upper lip).

I have tried about every lip plumper on the market and none work. I'd be willing to pay for an injectable if it would last more than a couple of months.

Are there any that last close to a year? I am almost thinking I should try a temp filler to see what size I like, and then get lip implants. I mean, if lip implants are $2000 and injections are $400-500 every 6-12 months, it would make sense over time to just get the implants...right?

Are there any good lip implants out there?
I actually just got my lips injected for the first time today! I got 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus & it cost me $550. Process took about 30 min total. About 5 min to inject the lidocaine - 10 min to wait for lidocaine to take effect - 10 min for doc to inject & BAM I'm outta there. I had medium sized lips already but wanted my top lip the same size as the bottom and wanted the lip line very pronounced. It's been about 5 hours & I LOVE them! Swelling was very scary right after though. PS told me I'm lucky because I had absoutely no brusing whereas some women look as though they've been punched in the mouth for about 2 days. These look like the lips I should've been born with (but WAY better). They do look a little obviously done though considering my top lip is the same size as the bottom. Natural lips are never the same size.
Genie is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
  #14  
 
fromb2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 161
fromb2c is on a distinguished road
Pictures?

Originally Posted by justright View Post
Do not put Evolence in your lips, it gets rope-y and lumpy. There is a product called Evolence Breeze that is available in Europe that you can use in the lips, but not the Evolence we have in the states right now. Evolence Breeze will be here in the states in a couple years.

Juvederm and Restylane (Perlane too) are great in the lips and depending on if it's your first time to fill or not you can expect the results to last a minimum of 5 months and a maximum of 18 months. The products tend to last longer with subsequent injections....but there is the risk of scar tissue formation over years of continual injections. FYI: the scar tissue formation is from injections into the lips (as well as some of the filler) and not from the dental block (which should be way up under your lips and not necessarily in them directly)

The PermaSil lip implants are great. They come in three sizes, 3mm, 4mm and 5mm. Most people seem to be getting the 4mm implants and look great. Takes a doc about an hour total to put them in (in the office) and you've got some swelling for a couple weeks (the first few days afterward being the worst) but when all is said and done they look very natural. These are VERY different from lip implants in the past!!!! Much more natural looking.

The girls in the office where I work that have them all look fantastic. Nice thing is that if you don't like them they can be easily removed. The girls say their husbands don't feel them with kissing or anything and they don't notice them anymore (as far as them feeling them in there). I'm considering them myself. I don't want to continue to inject my lips........
Hi there, just wondering if you have any pics to share? Be interesting to see. Seems like it would be weird though, to have them in there. You're bound to feel them all the time, no?
fromb2c is offline  
Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 455
justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I don't have any pics on my computer at home, but do at work. Like breast implants most say that after a while they dont feel them in their lips.

I took a jump today and I've scheduled the lip implants to go in in a few weeks. I'll take before and after's. There can be upwards of two weeks of swelling so it'll be a while before I'll have afters up. FYI: they're called SurgiSil PermaLip implants (I alwasy goof the name of them). Here's a video of a gal just getting her's done: http://www.articlesbase.com/videos/5min/114223011

So, I'll keep ya posted on how they look/feel/etc!!!!!!
justright is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM
  #16  
Much to be Thankful for :)
 
Dare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,994
Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Originally Posted by justright View Post
I don't have any pics on my computer at home, but do at work. Like breast implants most say that after a while they dont feel them in their lips.

I took a jump today and I've scheduled the lip implants to go in in a few weeks. I'll take before and after's. There can be upwards of two weeks of swelling so it'll be a while before I'll have afters up. FYI: they're called SurgiSil PermaLip implants (I alwasy goof the name of them). Here's a video of a gal just getting her's done: http://www.articlesbase.com/videos/5min/114223011

So, I'll keep ya posted on how they look/feel/etc!!!!!!
Please do! Would love to hear your follow-up on this, especially how they feel, as I know that would be DH's biggest objection. Not looking for tons of volume, just to combat the tiny lines that are starting to form on my upper lip. Thanks so much for all your useful info!
Dare is offline  
Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 PM
  #17  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 455
justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Please do! Would love to hear your follow-up on this, especially how they feel, as I know that would be DH's biggest objection. Not looking for tons of volume, just to combat the tiny lines that are starting to form on my upper lip. Thanks so much for all your useful info!
That's exactly why I'm doing them, to get rid of/prevent lip lines. My lips are pretty full as is and I don't want to continue to inject them and end up with scar tissue later. I'm getting the smallest ones (unless my doc changes his mind on what he thinks I need) top and bottom.

Pretty nervous about it, more so than the BA, but it'll be great when all is said and done!!

I'll post pictures when I can.
justright is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:11 PM
  #18  
time for some "me' time
 
sophiecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ohio
Posts: 175
sophiecat is on a distinguished road
lip augmentation

just had restylane on my top lip 2 days ago. was my second time ,had the dermatologist do it, i just wanted my top lip to be even with my bottom lip, i love it, although it hurts even with the numbing with lidocaine first! but the results look completely natural! however , i am afraid of lumpy lips though from repeated use?
sophiecat is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 455
justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Sophie - as long as the derm smoothed everything out before you left I'd not worry about lumps. The risks with repeated injections (I'm talking over YEARS) is that you can get scar tissue formation and although you don't always see it, you may be able to feel it. The lips become thickened and slightly fibrous. I've always just done the border of my lips and after this many years (5+) I may have a little bit of scar tissue in there but nothing that is disfiguring or that others can see or feel. I see and feel it but I have a trained eye and hand for this stuff so it's easy for me to see/feel.

Glad to hear you're happy with the results you've gotten!!!!
justright is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:12 AM
  #20  
Much to be Thankful for :)
 
Dare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,994
Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by justright View Post
That's exactly why I'm doing them, to get rid of/prevent lip lines. My lips are pretty full as is and I don't want to continue to inject them and end up with scar tissue later. I'm getting the smallest ones (unless my doc changes his mind on what he thinks I need) top and bottom.

Pretty nervous about it, more so than the BA, but it'll be great when all is said and done!!

I'll post pictures when I can.
I'm excited for you! I'm wishing you all the best hun. I understand why you would be more nervous. Some little BA imperfection is so easy to hide, but my DH and I are much more hesitant to change something on my face. That's why I've been planning for over a year, but too chicken to go through with it til I see and hear some more testimonials. There's so much reassurance to be had when it comes to BA's, but not enough pix and posts about this. I'm guessing you're going to love it!
Dare is offline  
Reply Subscribe

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off