Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Alloderm for lip augmentation?

Old 08-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Darling is on a distinguished road
Alloderm for lip augmentation?

Has anyone had this done? My surgeon recommended it but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I dont know about that. I'd be a little leery of that in the lips.

The Permasil Lip Implants are probably a more reliable option. THey are permanent, but if you don't like them they can be taken out. THey are thin silicone tubules that are channeled through your lip for fullness. They look great!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 PM

Darling is on a distinguished road
I haven't heard of those before. I originally wanted lip implants because they're permanent, but I heard that they feel hard and unnatural. That may just be the Gore-Tex implants though.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:12 PM

majda is on a distinguished road
I come from Eastern Europe and we are not able to get permanent implants like Advanta, Permasil,... So surgeons often use scares or skin from somewhere on the body for permanent lip augmentation. Alloderm is just like that you just use skin of a donor. But some women can have psychological problems with it. To be honest I am also not sure I could be happy knowing I have some skin from a dead person in my lips.