Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

How do lips look right after Lip Aug?

Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 AM

PinkButterflyGlitter is on a distinguished road
Question How do lips look right after Lip Aug?

I'll be getting Juvederm Ultra Plus in my lips and underneath my eyes in my tear troughs...and I'm trying to prepare myself for how I'll look immediately after surgery. Do you have big duck lips for awhile? Are you really swollen under the eyes? And how long does it take to look good enough to go out in public?

Anyone who's had Juvederm (or any other filler) in the lips and/or tear troughs, I'd love to hear from you.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 AM

2newones is on a distinguished road
I had a very conservative amount in both the tear trough and lips back in March. The lips were just a little puffy for a few days, but didn't look unnatural. My tear troughs weren't swollen, just bruised from the injection which took about 2 weeks to fully heal. I think the amount I had was almost too conservative, yet I've heard you need to be really careful with the tear trough area; there can be complications (lumping) if you don't have someone very experienced.

I just had fat grafts my under eyes. Although the swelling and bruising is pronounced, at 17 days they are starting to look pretty good. Hopefully the grafts "take" (develop a blood supply) and it will be permanent.

Good luck to you, as long as you get someone experienced and have patience for 2 weeks I think you'll be pleased.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2newones For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your post. Yes, I'm really nervous about the tear troughs....I'd hate to get lumps in such a delicate area. I agree that it's so important to have a skilled injector.

Thanks for posting about your experience, it's really helped.

Originally Posted by 2newones View Post
I had a very conservative amount in both the tear trough and lips back in March. The lips were just a little puffy for a few days, but didn't look unnatural. My tear troughs weren't swollen, just bruised from the injection which took about 2 weeks to fully heal. I think the amount I had was almost too conservative, yet I've heard you need to be really careful with the tear trough area; there can be complications (lumping) if you don't have someone very experienced.

I just had fat grafts my under eyes. Although the swelling and bruising is pronounced, at 17 days they are starting to look pretty good. Hopefully the grafts "take" (develop a blood supply) and it will be permanent.

Good luck to you, as long as you get someone experienced and have patience for 2 weeks I think you'll be pleased.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 AM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
Hey PBG! I had J.U.P. lip aug. back at the beginning of December. I was uncomfortable but not really in "pain". My lips were swollen and felt as though they were about to burst and they were shiny and red all over. I had a little bruising at the injection sites but it was minimal and went away within a couple of days. I was out and about in two or three days. GL!
The Following User Says Thank You to lippydame86 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 07:27 PM

Hey girl!! Thanks so much, 2-3 days doesn't sound too bad at all! And OMG do I see a positive pregnancy test??? Are you pregnant girlie???

Originally Posted by lippydame86 View Post
Hey PBG! I had J.U.P. lip aug. back at the beginning of December. I was uncomfortable but not really in "pain". My lips were swollen and felt as though they were about to burst and they were shiny and red all over. I had a little bruising at the injection sites but it was minimal and went away within a couple of days. I was out and about in two or three days. GL!
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterflyGlitter For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 08:55 PM

AusGirl is on a distinguished road
Hey there! I haven't had Juvederm, but I had restylane a few months ago (wanted to have Juvederm but they had run out of stock and failed to inform me until I was waiting in the chair!! Won't be going back to the same place next time). My lips were a bit swollen and bruised and took maybe a week to get back to "normal". I would really recommend keeping on top of the icing in the first day (it's annoying, but worth it) and also using Arnica before and after to help with the bruising. I covered the bruising with a dark lip gloss which worked pretty well.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:06 PM

bebby will become famous soon enough bebby will become famous soon enough
Hi PBG , so how do they look...
its saturday now!