Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

how much did your lip aug cost?

Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 PM

miss-kittie is on a distinguished road
how much did your lip aug cost?

I want lip augmentation,I don't have super small lips but my lower lip is fuller than the top and I want them evened out. how much did yours cost? were you happy with the results? how long did they last? was it painful? thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 09:54 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
plan on about $500+ for fillers in the lips. Depends on the amount of filler needed to get you to the desired look to determine cost but in most places one syringe of product will run you about $500.

If you've got a good injector your results should be great. Most tend to want more once the swelling has decreased. First time injections last about 5-6 months, subsequent injections can last upwards of a year or longer.

Painful? It can be. I prefer to use a dental block on my patients so they feel nothing. Some prefer just a topical anesthetic. Sometimes I do a combination, a topical and I mix the product with lidocaine so as I'm injecting an area, you're numbing at the same time.

As far as which product is best, it depends on what you're looking for. For my patients, if they're just looking for straigh plumping to their existing lip shape I'll use something like Juvederm Ultra (or Ultra Plus for a lot more volume). If I looking to sharpen the outline of the lips or even out lopsided lips then I'll use something a little more substantial like Restylane as it tends to keep shape a bit better than Juvederm. Initially Restylane can feel stiff in the lips, but after a week you can't feel it at all. If I'm going for big volume and shape I'll use Perlane.

You say you want to even out your upper and lower lips.....naturally your upper should be 20% smaller than your lower. Sometimes just doing the border of the lips (where you put your lip liner, called the Vermillion border) can give you just that little bit more volume to give you the appearance of fuller lips without getting "ducky" and having more protrusion.

HTH!!!