Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Permanent Lip Augmentation

Old 09-20-2009, 04:23 PM

blonde_ambition is on a distinguished road
Permanent Lip Augmentation

Hi everyone! I'm looking to get a permanent lip augmentation. Not looking to get the temporary fillers at all. I was looking at either doing Silikon 1000 injections or getting silicone lip implants. Anyone with either of these with good results and want to share your experience? If you got it done in NJ, where did you go? I'm planning on going for a consult very soon. I know that slicone injections may have certain unpleasant S/E so I was leaning more towards the implants but I'm going to talk to the MD about it Thanks!!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM

2newones is on a distinguished road
I had Juvederm done in March, but was thinking about the Silikon since it's silly to keep paying hundreds of dollars every year or two for the temporary. I did some research (I live in NJ), and the doctor that seems to be most experienced with Silikon 1000 is Dr. Joseph in West Orange, NJ. His website says he's been using it for 10 years. If you get it done, PLEASE let me know what you think of the Silikon and the doctor!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:40 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I just did the silicone implants (PermaSil Facial Implant) in my lips last week and they look great. I'm not 100% recovered but VERY close and I'm very pleased already. I did a smaller implant since my main goal wasn't fullness but rather some "tightness" to get rid of/prevent vertical lip lines. As soon as I'm fully recovered I'll open up my album for you all to see before and after pictures.

Sorry I'm not in NJ so I don't know of anyone to refer you to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I would go with the actual implants. That way if you don't like them for some reason you can simply remove them.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:44 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
All swelling is gone (that I can tell) so I'll take a few final pictures so you can see the before and after's. Give me a bit to get those in the album and open it up for all to see.

jr
Old 09-22-2009, 03:29 PM

Before and after pictures are up and album is public.

As with any surgical procedure or any time the skin barrier is compromised (broken) there is a risk of infection. My surgeon had me brush my teeth, rinse with mouthwash (which is mostly alcohol and will kill bacteria) and then the assisting nurse scrubbed my lips, chin, nose and surrounding tissues with betadine before the doc begain the procedure. I was also started on prophylactic antibiotics the day of the procedure and those continue for 10 days as well as an antiviral medication to prevent any possibility of fever blister formation, also for 10 days. I think just about all the steps to prevent infection that could be taken, were. If the doc you see for this procedure does NOT take these steps, I'd be leery of his/her techniques. Fortunately I work in this biz so I knew the steps to be taken to prevent complications before I chose to do this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2009, 08:17 PM

WildBerry is on a distinguished road
I just did the juverderm injections and really liked the results and would love to look at something permanent.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by justright View Post
Before and after pictures are up and album is public.

As with any surgical procedure or any time the skin barrier is compromised (broken) there is a risk of infection. My surgeon had me brush my teeth, rinse with mouthwash (which is mostly alcohol and will kill bacteria) and then the assisting nurse scrubbed my lips, chin, nose and surrounding tissues with betadine before the doc begain the procedure. I was also started on prophylactic antibiotics the day of the procedure and those continue for 10 days as well as an antiviral medication to prevent any possibility of fever blister formation, also for 10 days. I think just about all the steps to prevent infection that could be taken, were. If the doc you see for this procedure does NOT take these steps, I'd be leery of his/her techniques. Fortunately I work in this biz so I knew the steps to be taken to prevent complications before I chose to do this.
Your results are truly fantastic. SO happy for you! Thanks so much for this info about preventative measures...wouldn't have thought of that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 AM

To find my pictures in the public albums (up top on the JBI webpage click All Albums) search for my album titled Lip Implants and it'll take you straight to it.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM

Daisy02DD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by justright View Post
To find my pictures in the public albums (up top on the JBI webpage click All Albums) search for my album titled Lip Implants and it'll take you straight to it.
I did that & still couldnt see them. I sent you a FR if you dont mind. I am just so excited that someone here got the lip implants. I have been wanting them. Do they feel weird or like part of your normal lip. Can someone else your kissing tell the difference? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy02DD For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM

Apparently making albums public isn't working. I accepted your FR so you should be able to see them now.

They do take some getting used to. I can feel them when I try to purse my lips. Also, just like breast implants you have to move them every day to keep their "pocket" open. That feels odd to do but is not painful.

As far as kissing goes I cant give you my opinion on that since I've not been able to test that out just yet. My friends that have them say their SO's cannot feel them. Really they're in the middle of your lip burried in the "meat" of your lip so I can't imagine someone else would be able to feel them very easily.

I'm really pleased with the result. I was super nervous about doing it but knew I didn't want to do injections forever either!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 PM

jice is on a distinguished road
I love them! And I want them! How much did they cost? And what was your down time?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to jice For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2009, 09:13 PM

The cost varies from about $1200 to $2500 for one or two lips and of course your geographical location and what the going rate is there.

Down time isn't too bad (or so for me it wasn't). I was pretty swollen the day of and a couple days afterward but I'd say that about 90+% of the swelling was gone within 7 days. I had no bruising but I did take precautions to prevent that before I had the procedure (stopped all anti-inflammatories (Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Naprosyn, etc anything but Tylenol which is okay), stopped all omega fatty acid supplements, stopped extra vitamin E supplements and all herbal products a week before. I also took Bromelain which is an enzyme in pineapples that helps prevent bruising and arnica (a homeopathic remedy for swelling and bruising) twice a day beginning a couple days before the procedure).

So really the downtime was minimal for having something crammed through your lip.

They do say that swelling can last up to two weeks and bruising as well, depending on the serverity of both. My doc did my dental block using lidocaine with epinephrine in it to decrease the blood flow to the area while the procedure was done. That prevents some bruising as well.