Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip Augmentation: Silikon1000 & Permalip Implants??

Old 10-12-2009, 01:25 AM

blonde_ambition is on a distinguished road
Lip Augmentation: Silikon1000 & Permalip Implants??

I got Silikon 1000 injected last month (.25cc on bottom, .35cc on top) and there is absolutely NO difference in before/after since the swelling went down. I want to get the Permalip/SurgiSil silicone lip implants... Does anyone know if they will do that if you got Silikon 100 injected once? Your body is supposed to make collagen that will go to surround the silicone oil droplets and this is supposed to take about 2 weeks according to the PS office. I had no reaction to the silicone oil (or so it seems) and I was just curious if a doc would do the implants. And by "no reaction" I mean that my lips didn't change in size at all unfortunately. Any info would be appreciated
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Hmm, not sure on that. Most docs prefer that you have nothing in your lips when you do the implants.

Most fillers that work by synthesizing collagen take about 4 months before you see anything. I'd suggest waiting until you pass that point before you go with the implants just to make sure that you don't end up with some volume after all.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:37 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I love my implants. I've gotten SO MANY compliments on them from my own patients! Most don't know what I've done but say my lips just look really good. They're always shocked when I tell them I have implants in there. I'm so glad to not have to do filler anymore. If I wanted I could do the border of my lips (which I mostly did before) but even now I don't need that.

Good luck to you in December!!!!! I want to see before and after pictures.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:43 AM

blonde_ambition is on a distinguished road
So I went thru w/ the Surgisil Permalip implants on Dec. 17th... (at that point I still saw nothing from the Silikon 1000 injections) - It was looking pretty scary and hurting after the procedure (at first) but the swelling is going down and they are looking gorgeous! I'm glad I went for the implants vs. the injections already
Old 12-27-2009, 05:30 PM

schmookie is on a distinguished road
Are the Permalip implants expensive and how long does the procedure take?
Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Price varies by geographical location but plan on about $1500 for one lip, and about $3000 for both.

Blonde ambition - glad you're pleased with your lip implants. I absolutely love mine!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
oops my question was already answered.

Is the average price 3000 for general or local anesthesia?

Thanks

Originally Posted by justright View Post
I love my implants. I've gotten SO MANY compliments on them from my own patients! Most don't know what I've done but say my lips just look really good. They're always shocked when I tell them I have implants in there. I'm so glad to not have to do filler anymore. If I wanted I could do the border of my lips (which I mostly did before) but even now I don't need that.

Good luck to you in December!!!!! I want to see before and after pictures.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:35 PM

HEAVY local anesthesia. I didn't feel a thing and they did not hurt after the anesthetic wore off. Stitches in the corners of my mouth where they are inserted were the most annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post: