Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Advice on type of filler for lips??

Old 10-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Jac
The only thing between my husband & me is my big boobs!

Jac is on a distinguished road
Question Advice on type of filler for lips??

I have been looking into getting my lips & lines around my mouth done with a filler next time I go in to get Botox.. I was told to use Jurviderm because there is less chance of a reaction & it lasts longer, goes in smoother...
this comming from my friend that works at a ps office & gets injections... well... always.

Any thoughts on this? Anybody have reactions to Restloyn?

It seems it costs less in the U.S for Botox & fillers too....
Can anybody give me a cost breakdown?
How much u pay per unit of Botox.. How much for forhead & crowsfeet??
Than how much for filler in lips?
I'm just wondering if I should get it done while I'm in the U.S Next month??

Thanks Girls!!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:34 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Juvederm is smoother than Restylane wherever you put it, but one may be better than the other based on where you're putting it and what the end result is you're looking for. Honestly in the lips, both last about the same, anywhere from 6 months to a year +.

Juvederm and Restylane are made of the same thing, hyaluronic acid and there have not been any allergic reactions reported that I am aware of with either of these products. They are not made using any animal proteins so the risk for allergy and rejection is really not there.

Cost varies by geographical area but it seems that the average price for Restylane or Juvederm Ultra in the states is about $500 per syringe.

Botox can vary greatly in price. I hear anything from $8-25 per unit - again, depending on your geographical location. Botox is not cookie cutter in that everyone has different muscle strengths and needs. The average for corws feel is roughly 16-20 units. Some need less, some more, but that's the average I see as an injector. For the forehead that depends on if you're talking about the lines between your brows or the horizontal lines on the upper forehead. The brow area (called the Glabella) typically takes about 20 units of Botox (again, everyone differs but that's a pretty average dose). Foreheads (horizontal lines) can be anything from 4 units to 20 units depensing on the severity of lines, and height and width of the forehead.

Hope that helps.

jr
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Jac