Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

lip augmentation

Old 12-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Hello!

fashion101 is on a distinguished road
lip augmentation

This is a question to all the ladies that have had lip augmentation does it hurt? How long does it last? How much does it cost? I am thinking about having it done next month. Thanks
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Doesn't hurt if you have a dental block. A topical doesn't always do the trick and injecting the gel into the lips HURTS!!!!! For most who inject Restylane or Juvederm the first time it lasts about 6 months, subsequent injections into the lips normally last longer, upwards of a year. The going rate for most is about $500 per syringe.
HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
time for some "me' time

sophiecat is on a distinguished road
yes it hurts! first I get liodcaine injections to numb, (they hurt), then after i am numb he injects restylane, it hurts too even though i am mostly numb you can still feel some of the injections, but, it is quick and worth the results, also i did not know that restlyane last longer with subsequent injections?? thanks for letting me know. i have had it done 2x in the last 5 months, soo maybe i won't need it for a while? I was going to schedule this month for a third time but i think i'LL wait. also i go to my dermatologist who does a great job, but maybe next time i should try my PS. just to see if the results are different.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:03 AM

vivian is on a distinguished road
I had my first lip injections a few weeks ago with Juvederm. You can see my photos. I had one syringe or 1cc and it cost me $500. Doctor said it would last me up to 9 months. I had dental block and thank God for that, I hate needles in my face and I nearly fainted. I did not feel much with the numbing. I was one of those unfortunate ones that developed a hematoma on my upper lip. Ouch, it was a huge purple lump. With Arnica supplements it went away in a few days. I love my results and say try it, just get dental block.