Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip injections

Reply Subscribe
Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 PM

thatwomanssiste is on a distinguished road
Question Lip injections

Hey ladies! I was thinking about getting lip injections (im asian and my lips are very small) I don't know anyone that has lip injections and i havent even told anyone that i know *god forbid that my boyfriend knows...he will flip out!*

Does anyone know how much they cost & how long they last? I have no clue about lip injections, I jsut want to know more about them.

I just know that if i ever get them, I DONT want to look like i've had work done on them...lets just say i dont want to look ANYTHING like janice dickinson!

thanks ladies!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:29 AM

thatwomanssiste is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I really want lip injections too! I have heard that juvaderm is the best temporary filler (lasts about six months) and cost between 400 - 650 for one syringe.

I hope others chime in

dang that is alot of money for only 6 months!! thats crazy!! lol.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Hi! I had lip injections in October & had one full syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus in my top & bottom lip. The Juve Ultra Plus generally lasts 8-12 months just depending on how fast your body absorbs it. My results look very natural I think. You can take a looki @ my pics-i have before & after of my lip aug. Oh, & price was $550.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Most will use Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm Ultra, or Juvederm Ultra Plus in the lips. You can have as much or as little injected as you want to get the look you're seeking. On average the cost runs $500-700 per syringe - most only need one syringe, but it depends on the look you want.

The first time you have your lips done it'll last about 6 months. With repeated injections it can last a year or slightly longer.

It's not cheap and there is most definitely up-keep to maintain the look.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 PM

Katpm is on a distinguished road
I had it done- ended up costing $1200 because it was a really expensive place (it was a client and I felt obligated to go there) the nurse that usually did it had quit a couple days before, so the plastic surgeon did it. Worst experience of my life. I think it was the first time he'd ever done, had no clue what he was doing, did one full syringe on my top lip, didn't roll it afterwards so it was lumpy... then he wasn't going to do my bottom lip!! So I had to shell out for a 2nd syringe. I ended up bruised for 2 weeks, with deformed lips.

I'm still a little gun-shy about getting it done again. If you do decide to go for it be sure you research the person doing it!!

Katpm's plastic surgeon is T.Y. Steven Ip, M.D.,F.A.C.S.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katpm For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Hello!

fashion101 is on a distinguished road
I too have been wanting to have it done. I am scaredd of looking like Jessica Simpson. I would be so mad if I look like this after having it done.
The Following User Says Thank You to fashion101 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2009, 01:16 PM

1hipchick is on a distinguished road
I just had them done today. I took in Genie's picture (thanks for letting me use it!) but I don't think my lips came nearly as close to her results. My doctor used 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus and put most in the upper lip, some on the corners to turn up the ends, and then a little on the bottom sides. She didn't put any in the lower middle. My upper lip was quite a bit thinner than my bottom and I asked her to plump the top one more.

She used a topical cream to numb the area and then place 6 shots of novacane. It still pinched with the Juvederm, but it wasn't too bad. However, I think it would have been horrible without the novacane!

I also got botox in my forehead and crows feet area. That didn't hurt much either.

It is expensive but I thought I'd try Juvederm before considering lip implants. If I like the look, I'll probably look into implants down the road...
The Following User Says Thank You to 1hipchick For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:22 AM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Katpm - oh, I'm so sorry you had a horrible experience. Not the first time I've heard (or seen ) that done by a physician. If you really hate it, ask the doc (there or elsewhere) if they have hyaluronidase or lidase as that (it's the same thing - two different names) will dissolve the product in your lips within 24 hours.

HTH
Old 02-13-2010, 07:05 AM

DixieDiva is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1hipchick View Post
I just had them done today. I took in Genie's picture (thanks for letting me use it!) but I don't think my lips came nearly as close to her results. My doctor used 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus and put most in the upper lip, some on the corners to turn up the ends, and then a little on the bottom sides. She didn't put any in the lower middle. My upper lip was quite a bit thinner than my bottom and I asked her to plump the top one more.

She used a topical cream to numb the area and then place 6 shots of novacane. It still pinched with the Juvederm, but it wasn't too bad. However, I think it would have been horrible without the novacane!

I also got botox in my forehead and crows feet area. That didn't hurt much either.

It is expensive but I thought I'd try Juvederm before considering lip implants. If I like the look, I'll probably look into implants down the road...
Hey the Juvederm is the way to go. I had Restalyne in my lips and it was gone in a few months but I am over a year out with the Juvederm and I still have good results. I had NO numbing at all and girl let me tell you something it hurts like hell!!!! I had tears pouring out of my eyes it felt like a million bee stings at once but it was so worth it I would do it again. It is kinda like childbirth when you are in the middle of it you say never again but when it is over and you see the results you change your mind.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM

pinkfeet is on a distinguished road
Yep its about 500-550 around me per syringe and I get Juvie Ultra plus as well... first time I had half put in, mostly top lip and then second time half all over, and third time I used the whole syringe.

No one has noticed, my sister notices the day of or after due to swelling, and that goes down, and actually I LOVE the way they look swelled, but it doesnt stay that way.. but still they look fuller and nicer than before.

I had dental block one time and never get it again! It was painful and caused me the most horrific swelling all over and just deal with the shots, it goes by fast and I dont get the horrilbe bumps and swelling on the inside of my mouth.

mine last 6 mths or so? but now, its never ending, I dont think I can be without... I eat rice and beans to get it done if I have to! LOL

pinkfeet's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-16-2010, 02:34 PM

upst8girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fashion101 View Post
I too have been wanting to have it done. I am scaredd of looking like Jessica Simpson. I would be so mad if I look like this after having it done.
Jessica Simpson was rumored to have permanent implants put in her lips, not injectables (or at least not *just* injectables). So I don't think it'd be possible to look like her with just a syringe or two!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:52 PM

donna0616 is on a distinguished road
i use silicone 1000 and its awesome. Most of the fillers are gone in me in like 2 months.. but this is peramanent and i totally love it. I have had 4 treatments and each cost me $500 .......... sooooooooooo worth it
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM

Jacinda is on a distinguished road
DONT DO IT! Look at all of the strange-looking celebrities like Lisa Rinna, Meg Ryan, Donatella Versache. No. No. No.

Frist its lip injections, then its overdoing botox, and before you know it you'll be looking like a freakin Muppet Baby like Vanessa Williams or Octoplet lady.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jacinda View Post
DONT DO IT! Look at all of the strange-looking celebrities like Lisa Rinna, Meg Ryan, Donatella Versache. No. No. No.

Frist its lip injections, then its overdoing botox, and before you know it you'll be looking like a freakin Muppet Baby like Vanessa Williams or Octoplet lady.
Um I had lip injections and don't look like a Muppet Baby. I think that's a little stereotypical and rude.......
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM

Little Nora is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Um I had lip injections and don't look like a Muppet Baby. I think that's a little stereotypical and rude.......
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. I am planning to have it too (but first I will have BA)

I think fuller lips look much sexy than thin ones. If you use lip injections in a moderate way you won' t look like a "Muppet Baby".
Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM

sarah916 is on a distinguished road
i have always wanted this... but am afraid to touch my face!! I know there are a lot of good experiences people have, but the risk of a bad experience on my FACE!! Scares the crap out of me... if something bad had happened with my BA... it would have been hard and terrible, but you can hide those much easier... I have always wanted it tho, and maybe one day I will overcome this fear and try it.. good to know they have stuff to disolve it if u dont like it...
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM

donna0616 is on a distinguished road
depends on where you are, but if you find someone with a good reputation and puts in the silicone 1000 in micro droplets, you are golden. I used everything under the sun and it always disappeared in 2-4 months,, totally gone,, the dr's had no idea why.. did some research on other forums and finally decided on the silicone 1000 and i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it. my last one was in Nov and i look like i just had it done. I used Dawn in IL if anyone wants her # let me know. she is amazing!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 PM

Horizon41 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Yes I am planning on getting it done as well and I love botox
Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 PM

upst8girl is on a distinguished road
Can I ask a dumb question?: What happened to collagen? Does nobody use that anymore? If it doesn't last as long, wouldn't that be a good "baby step" for those of us that kind of want to "try on" the augmented lip look?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Kody32 is on a distinguished road
Donna...How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? Also do you have any pictures of your lips or does Dawn have a website? I am interested in this as the fillers just are doing it for me. They aren't lasting for whatever reason.
Reply Subscribe