Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Restalyne gone in lips after 5days

Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Kody32 is on a distinguished road
Angry Restalyne gone in lips after 5days

I had Restalyne injected in my lips 5 days ago. 1 Syringe, they looked too big right after the procedure, a day after they look plump and full just like I wanted. Five days post procedure my lips look exactly as they did before the procedure. Has anyone experienced Restalyne absorbing this quickly? or heard anything like this? I am very upset. I had this done by a well known doctor, whom many referred me to. Help pleasssssse
Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 AM

GypsyDaisy is on a distinguished road
Mine dissapeared quickly, but not as quick as yours. I also tried Juvaderm once, but I haven't been happy with either of them.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM

I am really bummed. Does anyone know any other alternatives to inject into the lips that wont absorb/break down so quickly?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
mprs

mprs will become famous soon enough
There are lip implants. I got Jevederm once, and was black and blue for 2 weeks! AND... like you said, it really didnt last. It look dynamite the first day, (that's before the black and blue started), but it didnt show much at all after that! I'm not sure if some people 'take it better' than others, good question. I have been just using lip-liner cause I don't want to go through all that for a tiny difference. But would love to do it anyother way!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 PM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
My aunt got Restalyne and her's didn't last very long so she switched to Juvederm Ultra Plus and had great results. I had JUP as well and it lasted for several months; I was very pleased .
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Hi! That's really surprising that it's gone after 5 days. I would suggest that you call your PS & discuss this with him. I had 1 full syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus in Sept. & my lips are still looking great! The Juve Ultra Plus supposedly lasts up to 1 year & I love it. The Ultra Plus is said to be thicker, longer lasting, etc. Perhaps you would try that? Maybe your PS would give it to you for free since the other dissolved so quickly. Seriousy, definitely call him!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 PM

hbmommy is on a distinguished road
i just got restalyne 7 days ago to get rid of a wrinkly in my lip and i don't notice any difference The wrinkle is still there. I'm going to ask him about it on my 3wk BA/BL check. I'm very disappointed
Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 AM

zen33 is on a distinguished road
can you go back to your dr and ask him to inject more for free? I did that once w/ my Botox that went away in like a month. I flipped out on him and he injected more in me for free
Old 01-14-2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks Ladies! I am going to go back this week. How should I go about asking for it to be corrected for free? I am always too nice and feel bad doing those things. I also dont want to make the Dr. feel bad, but I am un happy.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM

pinkfeet is on a distinguished road
I've had only Juvie injected and it was always ultra, they always look plumper the first week due to the swelling from the injections.. but they have never gone down to my regular lips in 5 days!!

I notice if I have been kissing a lot ( have a BF at the time) or biting my nails it disappears quicker. lol.

Also, The last time I used a fulled syringe and before only half and now it seems like they are not as full ... with the half so not sure what is going on and I have an execellent injector. I think I have gotten so used to them plumper than what they were I forgot just how thin my top lip was ... and want more..lol.

But I get my lips injected about twice a year. I can't imagine not having fillers now, in my lips or my face..esp at at my age!!

pinkfeet's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE