Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Ladies who get lip fillers? How often do you inject?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 AM

sensi sweetie is on a distinguished road
Ladies who get lip fillers? How often do you inject?

I really want to try juvederm or restylane but am afraid I will get addicted and end up with hard tissue from over injecting (like 2-3x a year).

how often do you inject? is the pain/money really worth the results? any advice appreciated
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM

BarbieLuxe is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sensi sweetie View Post
I really want to try juvederm or restylane but am afraid I will get addicted and end up with hard tissue from over injecting (like 2-3x a year).

how often do you inject? is the pain/money really worth the results? any advice appreciated
I've never heard of getting hard tissue from over-injecting?? 2-3 times a year is not that much. When I used Restylane I used to wait 2-3 months before I went back. I was never satisfied with the results though, it looks too natural to me. The pain that comes with injecting I really don't care about. Restylane wasn't worth the money for me because I was never happy with the results. Maybe I would be satisfied if I injected more than just 1 cc each time, but then it gets even more expensive!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Pinkmomma

pinkmomma is on a distinguished road
I'm just curious about the cost of the injections.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:57 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
As with any injections there is a chance of scar tissue formation. Lips can and do get thickened and scarred after MANY years of doing fillers in them. But when I say years I really mean YEARS, not just two or three. You see scar tissue formation in other areas that are continually injected as well, but again, after MANY YEARS of doing so.

As far as the cost, average is about $500 per syringe.

When I was injecting mine, I did them about 2 times a year. Now I have implants, no need for fillers any longer.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Kody32 is on a distinguished road
Justright- Is it true that getting fat injected into your lips is pointless as it is more invasive then restalyne etc and it is not permanent as some doctors suggest?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 AM

lilseven777 is an unknown quantity at this point
omg that sounds painful! i wouldnt be able to inject anything to my self directly my hand wouldnt let me lol i woulb shaking like crazy.!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:09 PM

sensi sweetie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lilseven777 View Post
omg that sounds painful! i wouldnt be able to inject anything to my self directly my hand wouldnt let me lol i woulb shaking like crazy.!
lol you don't do it yourself, a RN does it for you
i would not be able to do it myself either.
i wonder if they can inject you while you are already 'under' for a BA?.. that would be sweet, i gotta remember to ask my ps
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Kody - Fat injections work and they're fine in the lips the problem is that you have to overfill by 30% because if that transplanted fat doesn't develop a blood supply then it's reabsorbed. If it stays, it certainly lasts a lot longer than any filler. As far as longevity, I'm not sure what the average is.

LilSeven and Sensi - I am a RN so I DO inject myself. I'm a trained injector and that's what I do all day at work so treating myself is pretty easy. Not as easy as treating someone else, but totally do-able. And I do numb myself beforehand. I'm not THAT crazy!!! I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you know exactly what you're doing and what your anatomy is!!!

And yes, they can do some injections while you're under anesthesia. I've done that for our docs while they've had a patient in the operating room (my docs don't to injections, the nurses are more experienced at it than them)