Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip implants?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:54 PM

1hipchick is on a distinguished road
Lip implants?

I had 1 syringe of Juvederm injected into my lips about 3 months ago. They aren't as full as the first month after, but I can still see some fullness (especially in the a.m.) However, at $500/syringe, I don't want to keep shelling out this kind of $$ if it's not going to last very long.

Any feedback on lip implants? I don't mean the really obnoxious ones. But there are some that are softer, more natural, varied in size, and less expensive (in the long run) than fillers. I would love to try this, but don't know where to start looking...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 AM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
The one's I have (and I believe blonde_ambition's are the same) are the PermaSil Facial Implant. They're thin silicone tubes, tapered at the ends. They run about $1300-3000 depending on location and whether you do one or both lips.

I dind't find the procedure or recovery painful at all, but you DO swell quite a bit for about a week afterward!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Little Nora is on a distinguished road
blonde_ambition has very nice pictures in her private picture album about her lips.

She is very helpful. You should FR her!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 PM
LLee

LLee is on a distinguished road
I had a very thin upper lip which sorta disappeared when I smiled. I originally wanted lip implants but went with fat transfer instead (had done along with my BA on 3-1-2010). It depends on the look you want. With the implants you will def get that bee stung look and you'll pretty much know what size you'll be afterwards. With a fat transfer you retain only about 30% and and you get a subtle but noticeable effect. This is how my PS explained it to me. I decided to go with the fat transfer b'c I didn't necessarily want everyone to know right away that I "had them done". My bf loves it b'c he likes a natural look. I like the bee stung look but didn't know if it would look right on my small face. Just another option to throw around. GL
Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 AM

plastic_girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by justright View Post
The one's I have (and I believe blonde_ambition's are the same) are the PermaSil Facial Implant. They're thin silicone tubes, tapered at the ends. They run about $1300-3000 depending on location and whether you do one or both lips.

I dind't find the procedure or recovery painful at all, but you DO swell quite a bit for about a week afterward!!!
Is it like a procedure with local anesthesia?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:49 AM

plastic_girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by justright View Post

Is it like a procedure with local anesthesia?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
I have been told two different options - VERY strong Local or more of a Twilight (sp) anesthesia where you are not fully under but won't remember much of anything either. One PS I talked to over the phone said they do local and another I met in person does the twilight....he didn't specifically call it that but from what he explained I gather that's what he is referring to.