Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

When will I see Juvederm Results?? Please--any advice!!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:12 PM

ViviB is on a distinguished road
When will I see Juvederm Results?? Please--any advice!!

Hello everyone,

This morning(04/25/10) I had implants exchange, so since I knew I will be "under" I decided to get some Juvederm injectibles as well. It is not painful, but quite swollen and bruised. I am just wondering when would it go away and when can I start enjoying fuller lips in full?

How often will I need to get a "tune" up or get it refreshed? How was your experience with it injected around lips, laugh lines, etc.; How much did you get and how much was it?
I would truly appreciate your input!!! Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM

lovinanthro is on a distinguished road
I had Juvederm injected in my lips and around the mouth in January. As far as my lips, the results were instant minus the swelling that went away after a few days. Around the mouth, I saw results a few days later too. It is different from Botox (for me at least..I don't see results until about the 2 week mark). I love, love my Juvederm lips but honestly I think I already need them injected again. I thought it was supposed to last at least six months
Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 PM

sunshinegirl22 is on a distinguished road
I had my lips done with Juvederm this morning also. No pain or swelling and I don't expect any. I had my nasolabial folds done in Nov. and was very happy with that. These aren't procedures that are going to make people go WOW, what did you do. They probably won't notice all that much, but they will probably think you look younger, more rested etc. OK, back to your question. My dermatologist advises drinking lots of water because the molecules of the filler bond with the water and that is what gives the plumping effect. But mainly I think that what you see initially is what you will get. It might plump a little more but probably not much.
I only got one syringe for my lips and I got 2 when I had the nasolabial folds done.
I hope you like your results, I don't think you are going to see Angelina Jolie lips though.
Sorry!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:08 PM

lfea1234 will become famous soon enough
Talking

Originally Posted by sunshinegirl22 View Post
I had my lips done with Juvederm this morning also. No pain or swelling and I don't expect any. I had my nasolabial folds done in Nov. and was very happy with that. These aren't procedures that are going to make people go WOW, what did you do. They probably won't notice all that much, but they will probably think you look younger, more rested etc. OK, back to your question. My dermatologist advises drinking lots of water because the molecules of the filler bond with the water and that is what gives the plumping effect. But mainly I think that what you see initially is what you will get. It might plump a little more but probably not much.
I only got one syringe for my lips and I got 2 when I had the nasolabial folds done.
I hope you like your results, I don't think you are going to see Angelina Jolie lips though.
Sorry!
Did you have alot of swelling and brusing on the nasolabial folds? I am having this done in a couple of weeks and don't really want anyone at work to know.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM

swanky will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lfea1234 View Post
Did you have alot of swelling and brusing on the nasolabial folds? I am having this done in a couple of weeks and don't really want anyone at work to know.
I take my mother for this every 6 months and she goes to work the next day. There is no swelling in the nasolabial folds; but, she bruises easily and has had some visible bruising for a couple days.

If you bruise easy, don't take Vit E for a week leading up to treatment, and buy some arnica tablets. I believe the say to take the arnica for 3 days before treatment and then 3 days after (?) - it's on the bottle. You can buy arnica montana at any health food store.

My 1st PS would require his patients to use it before surgery.

swanky's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Couple of suggestions before getting fillers:
Stop all your herbal medications/teas, etc. Stop all anti-inflammatories (Motrin, Naproxyn, Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, etc - Tylenol is okay), stop doses of vitamin E higher than 400IU, stop omaga fatty acids (Fish oil, flax oil, evening primrose oil, borage oil, etc). Stop all of these a week before your injections.

Start taking arnica montana 3 days ahead of time (found in health food stores) this is a homeopathic remedy - do not touch the tablets with your hands, take them directly out of the cap on the tube and dunp into your mouth. Also start Bromelain 500mg, twice a day two days before your injections. Also consider increasing your vitamin C intake to 2-3 grams per day. If you can find Quercitin, then take that as well, typically about 250mg twice a day at same time as Vit C. Keep taking these things for a few days after the injections. The arnica will help with swelling and some bruising, the Bromelain will help more with the bruising and healing. Vitamin C increases capillary strength and can help reduce bleeding.

Juvederm should last at least 6+ months, however it is a soft filler and people often think it's gone before it really is. The water intake does affect this filler. Not quite so much with Restylane or Perlane.

Also, if you can request (or if you want to yourself) ice the area before injections, that will contrict the capillaries and can ease the pain as well as decrease bleeding.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:10 PM

ViviB is on a distinguished road
So I had my injections on Thursday 04/25/10. Thursday and Friday I was quite swollen; My lips was quite bruised--blueish purple at some spots, but it seems calming down by now. I am hoping to be bruise free by Monday/Tuesday and hoping to see the outcome by mid next week. I hope to enjoy fuller lips and "fresher" face for about 6 month, but we will see...
I am taking Zovirax to lessen the chance of getting cold sores as well... But why cant I take garlic supplements?
Thanks!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:23 PM

ctherien is on a distinguished road
I get my lips done usually every 6 months. Results are usually instant. The only time I had bruising was when I got injections in my bottom lip and the injector hit a blood vessel. The bruise was pretty big and lasted a few days. I've had my nasolabial folds done once and the bruising was minimal same with swelling. Just make sure you ice after you get the injections.