Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Your experience with juverderm in your lips??

Old 03-27-2010, 11:47 PM

waited4yrs is on a distinguished road
Your experience with juverderm in your lips??

Hi ladies, I'm getting my first lip enhancement treatment done in 3 weeks times.. $600 for .8 .. Is it just me or is that EXPENSIVE?? Anyway if you have had it would you recommend it? How long did it last ? Was it noticable or a waste of money?? Thanks :-)
Old 03-28-2010, 04:29 AM

goldie is on a distinguished road
The going rate here in SW Florida is $500 for .5cc. Juvidaderm Plus. I had it done in Dec 09, and it did take 2 syringes. The first 2 weeks I wasn't sure I liked it, I could feel in my lips. But by the third week all swelling had gone down, I don't feel it anymore and I finally have an upper lip again (the age thing ;-[). Juvi Plus is supposed to last about a year and I don't have any lumps. Love it now!
3 months later it still looks great & I haven't had to have a re-do. I'll probably have more injected when it starts to fade.

Had Radisse done too in my cheek area Oct 09 and had to re-do 6 weeks later because it faded really fast, ended up with a total of 4 .08 syringes of Radisse and it too will need layering as time goes by. 2nd injection did the trick. Love it too though, I'm scared to death to get a face lift! Both injectables feel natural after the swelling goes down and didn't have any bruising with either one. No one had a clue I had it done.

Check to see which Juvi your getting as Juvi Plus is supposed to last longer and not lump.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 AM

Jessie_dancer is on a distinguished road
I had 1ml of juvederm ultra with lidocaine back in Nov 09 and loved it! Due to the lidocaine, no dental blocks were required. Just some ice and the doc filled away. I had .8 in the top and .2 in the bottom. It felt very firm, swollen and lumpy for the first couple days and I felt like I was ugly, but knew I just needed to get used to it. By the 3-4 day all the swelling was gone. It looked and felt very smooth. The doc advised me not to massage and I never did. It is almost all gone now but I can still feel it will my tongue in a few places so it only lasted about 4 months (although technically still there so I guess more). I feel its time for more now. The doc said that each time it stays a little longer. My friends all had restalyne and I definitely preferred my juvederm.