Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Had Lip Implants Yesterday

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Suz

Suz is on a distinguished road
Had Lip Implants Yesterday

I just had silicone lip implants yesterday in my top and bottom lips. I got the large size (there are 3 sizes, small, medium and large). I had very thin lips to start with and have hated them for as long as I can remember (at least 9th grade and I'll be 48 in August!). I had twilight anesthesia. I didn't feel a thing until he started manipulating them around and I thought, "Man this hurts!" But before I knew it there was an alarm going off and I tried to get up because I thought I had to go to work. They assured me I didn't.

After the surgery my teeth and the roof of my mouth really hurt but my lips didn't. Even today my teeth still hurt but my lips hardly hurt at all, just a little achy. I took Percocet yesterday but today I'm just taking Extra-Strength Tylenol. I was all about just taking the Tylenol yesterday until my teeth hurt so much and I was like give me the big drugs! My PS told me that my lips would look "freakishly comical" for the first few days, but to be honest, I don't think they look bad at all. And really, after hating my thin lips for so long, I'm kinda digging the big lips. I didn't want anything huge long-term, but it's a little fun right now. I'll be glad when I can leave the house though. If I didn't live in a town of 50,000 people where you run into someone you know every time you go out, I'd go out now because I don't think I look that bad.

I had them done by Dr. Wolfe in Denver. He's fantastic. I put up an album. I'm happy to answer any questions. They look the same today as they did yesterday but maybe just a little more swollen today.

Suz's plastic surgeon is Andrew Wolfe, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Suz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Aria_cavatina is on a distinguished road
Thanks for talking about the procedure I'm interested in seeing how it turned out are your pics public?
The Following User Says Thank You to Aria_cavatina For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by Aria_cavatina View Post
Thanks for talking about the procedure I'm interested in seeing how it turned out are your pics public?
Yes, my pics are public. I was going to make them private but I figured there were so many on here who were interested in the procedure that I wanted to make it as easy as possible for everyone to see the pics. It's not like I'm showing my boobies, right?

I tried to answer your question on your page but it wouldn't come up, so...they are actually long, skinny little silicone implants like what you get in your boobies (not that you get long skinny ones, but you know what I mean). I don't know if they feel the same as breast implants as I recently canceled my breast augmentation that was scheduled on April 15th. But it was with the same PS and they were kind enough to put my deposit toward my lip implants which I was having done at the same time. Right now my lips are oddly enough still kind of numb but a little sore at the same time. I can sort of feel them just a little bit but I can't move my lips a whole lot right now. "Justright" on here who has them said that you only feel them at first and then you don't feel them anymore. I'm VERY happy with the results so far.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM

lovesimplants22 is on a distinguished road
wow thats exciting! congrats on your new puckers
The Following User Says Thank You to lovesimplants22 For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 01:04 PM

stargazer will become famous soon enough
Your pics look fantastic, thanks for sharing! Nice shape and full but natural looking. Once you start healing let us know how they feel, if your lips feel firm or can you feel them when you purse your lips, pucker, kiss, etc. I guess you can't really tell yet since you are so soon post op.

Did you start out getting injections and then decide to do the implants? I am talking to my PS on Friday about juvederm in my lips while I am there for botox, but I am terrified of the pain, lips are so sensitive! But if I do get the injections and like them, it seems better in the long run to get implants.
The Following User Says Thank You to stargazer For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Your pics look fantastic, thanks for sharing! Nice shape and full but natural looking. Once you start healing let us know how they feel, if your lips feel firm or can you feel them when you purse your lips, pucker, kiss, etc. I guess you can't really tell yet since you are so soon post op.

Did you start out getting injections and then decide to do the implants? I am talking to my PS on Friday about juvederm in my lips while I am there for botox, but I am terrified of the pain, lips are so sensitive! But if I do get the injections and like them, it seems better in the long run to get implants.
Thank you! I will give updates for sure. I can't really pucker at all right now.

I didn't start out with injections even though my PS recommended it. I heard that if you have a fast metabolism like I do that the injections don't last as long. I knew that since I had hated my lips for soooooooo long (I mean really, look at my befores!) that I would love the implants no matter what. And getting injections one time was 1/3 of the cost of the implants (I paid cash so got a discount for that), so for me it just seemed like a waste because I knew I would end up getting the implants.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 02:04 PM

CTEPBA4KA is on a distinguished road
Just took a look at your pics and your lips look super cute and sexy!
The Following User Says Thank You to CTEPBA4KA For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
OMG You look fantastic! WOW...I am really impressed and I don't think they look to big at all. They are perfect. Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

XOXO
The Following User Says Thank You to Envyme For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by CTEPBA4KA View Post
Just took a look at your pics and your lips look super cute and sexy!
I definitely like cute and sexy! Thanks.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by Envyme View Post
OMG You look fantastic! WOW...I am really impressed and I don't think they look to big at all. They are perfect. Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

XOXO
Thank you so much! The nurse said I wasn't too swollen when I left and I'm really not that much more swollen now. I hope I don't lose a lot of the size b/c I like most of it. It was $2800 and they gave us a 20% discount for paying cash.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Sapphire30 is on a distinguished road
you look fantastic, thanks for posting pictures. hope the pain gets better quickly. i've thought about getting my lips plumped, but haven't seriously looked into it bc i can make them look so much fuller with liner and lipstick... but it would be nice to have them look that way au natural, too.
and i have to say- it's hard to believe you're 48. i know people always throw age compliments around, but i really mean it, you look great, and so much younger!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire30 For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Ouch! Sorry our teeth are still sore, but wow you got such beautiful and natural results! Congratulations
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by Sapphire30 View Post
you look fantastic, thanks for posting pictures. hope the pain gets better quickly. i've thought about getting my lips plumped, but haven't seriously looked into it bc i can make them look so much fuller with liner and lipstick... but it would be nice to have them look that way au natural, too.
and i have to say- it's hard to believe you're 48. i know people always throw age compliments around, but i really mean it, you look great, and so much younger!
Thank you! I think as I got older those little lines just got worse so I wanted the implants even more.

And thanks for the compliment on my age. I think part of it is exercising on a regular basis my whole life and part of it is genetics. My mom still looks great at 78 and so does my dad at 81 and neither of them have ever exercised although my dad sailed for years. So I guess you never know.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Suz

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Ouch! Sorry our teeth are still sore, but wow you got such beautiful and natural results! Congratulations
Thank you! My hubby just made a reference to Daffy Duck or something and really made me laugh. It was pretty funny. And it does not feel too good to laugh right now!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Supermom!! is on a distinguished road
That's fabulous that you had lip implants. . .I've had juvederm in my lips and wasn't that painful because it had lidocaine in it. . .I had lots of swelling at first, but looked great after two weeks. . .can we view your pics? I might have to get permanents also!! Thanks for sharing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Supermom!! For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-01-2010, 09:23 PM

britster is on a distinguished road
Looked at your pics and your lips look great. They look so natural and fits your face perfectly, your doc did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to britster For This Useful Post:
Suz
Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Suz

Originally Posted by Supermom!! View Post
That's fabulous that you had lip implants. . .I've had juvederm in my lips and wasn't that painful because it had lidocaine in it. . .I had lots of swelling at first, but looked great after two weeks. . .can we view your pics? I might have to get permanents also!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hi Supermom - wow...two weeks! I'm lucky b/c the nurse told us (hubby and me) that I didn't swell that bad so she didn't think I would end up too swollen. I hope she's right b/c I don't want to lose too much of the size I have right now. It's gone down a little bit today but not a ton. My lips hurt more today as I think the numbness is wearing off but it's still not terrible. I have a bit of bruising around my lips now but not bad at all. In fact I didn't even notice it, my hubby did. My album is public. Good luck with your decision!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 05-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Suz

Originally Posted by britster View Post
Looked at your pics and your lips look great. They look so natural and fits your face perfectly, your doc did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Dr. Wolfe in Denver is great! I knew I was meant for bigger lips.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
How have things settled in? Are you still happy with them? I still love mine, it'll be a year since I got mine in a couple weeks!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Natalia13 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi, I'm thinking about getting permanent implants too but alot of docs dont want to do them b/c of statistics saying they are not safe etc... I am sending u a freind request and would like to see how they look the first few days b/c I work like almost every day and I kinda dont want people staring at my face so was wondering when your swelling decreased by which day? Thanks!!! Also, how much did u pay if u dont mind me asking??
Reply Subscribe