Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

which filler...

Old 06-13-2010, 05:06 PM

mollygirl is on a distinguished road
which filler...

Which filler lasts longest? Do you always end up bruised, if so for how long? How's the pain rating? Thanks ladies!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 AM

victoriaaa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mollygirl View Post
Which filler lasts longest? Do you always end up bruised, if so for how long? How's the pain rating? Thanks ladies!
Hi mollygirl!

I've tried Restylane, Juvederm and Teosyal. All these fillers are hyaluronic acids and are temporary. Teosyal is definitely my favorite. It lasts the longest (om me it lasts about 5-6 months) and feels softer in your lip. I did not like restylane at all. It looked good for a couple of days then I started to have hard lumps in my lip. I switched to Juvederm which i think is much better. It lasts better than the Restylane (lasts only a month or two) and didn't create as much lumps.

None of the fillers really hurt to inject. Of you do it without numbing creme (like EMBLA) it will probably hurt quite a bit. Ask for a numbing creme and you will feel very little!

The first time i did my restylane injection i actually hurt a lot afterwards and my lip was very VERY swollen for about two days and my lip hurt. I couldnt leave my apartment because i looked insane.. On the third day it looked a lot better but i you could see bruising . After a week the bruising went down. Until then i covered the bruises with lipstick and concealer.

The second time i didn't get as swollen, but i still had bruises. That was with Juvederm. When I tried Teosyal and it gave me the least swelling and bruises.

Hope this can give you some help =)
The Following User Says Thank You to victoriaaa For This Useful Post: