Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Ended up getting Fat Transfer in Lips today!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:36 PM

GardenGirls is on a distinguished road
Ended up getting Fat Transfer in Lips today!

They were able to do it under a local anesthetic and didn't take too long. My lips are very swollen and I am told they will be pretty swollen for the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to see how they will look once the swelling leaves and keep my fingers crossed that a decent amount of fat establishes a blood supply and doesn't reabsorb back into my body. PS says I will probably loose half of what he put in. I didn't mind taking this chance because I have to go back to have additional fat transferred into my face and will have an opportunity to touch up my lips at that time depending on how they end up looking.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
Congrats~! I would love to see pics!
The Following User Says Thank You to Envyme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 PM

Your lips are gorgeous; they are taking shape nicely! I am still looking like a duck big time! I have been putting pressed powder on them so they look more subtle..LOL Then I try to avoid eye contact with people hoping they won't notice! I think they look a little better today then they did yesterday but it sounds like I am going to be swollen for a couple of weeks. Talk about bad timing; have my daughter's preschool Open House on Tuesday....Yikes! I really hope they are less swollen by then...
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM

I am really loving my lips today considering how freakishly swollen and duck like I was not even one week ago. My PS says I may be swollen for a couple of weeks but to me they don't feel swollen any longer. I really hope my lips stay the way they are now and don't shrink any more. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
"Your attitude will change your reality"

AliBebes is on a distinguished road
Update please..LOL..How are you lips now babe..happy with your size?

Cheers

Ali
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Overall I am very happy with how my lips look. I think if I had fillers done my lips would probably look fuller. I put before & after photos in my album and there is a big difference. My lips used to be somewhat flat and very little definition. Now they have a natural fullness and much more defined shape.

I have to go back at the end of a year for an additional fat transfer to my cheeks so I will be adding some more fat in my lips at that time.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:27 PM

BrazenGlamour is on a distinguished road
How long do fat transfer last in lips? What a cool concept!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by PuertoRicanPinup View Post
How long do fat transfer last in lips? What a cool concept!
My PS says about 30% of the fat should stay from what they transfer. My lips are fuller than they were but they are nothing to brag about. I will end up getting another transfer done to my lips when I get a touch up in my cheeks in a few months. I haven't tried fillers yet because I wanted something more permanent so I have nothing to compare it too. From other's photos who have had fillers, their lips are definitely a lot plumper than what I ended up with. We will see what results I get with the second transfer.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:40 PM

CaliBeBe will become famous soon enough
I lost like 95%. . I hope you have better luck.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Clarisse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GardenGirls View Post
My PS says about 30% of the fat should stay from what they transfer. My lips are fuller than they were but they are nothing to brag about. I will end up getting another transfer done to my lips when I get a touch up in my cheeks in a few months. I haven't tried fillers yet because I wanted something more permanent so I have nothing to compare it too. From other's photos who have had fillers, their lips are definitely a lot plumper than what I ended up with. We will see what results I get with the second transfer.
I'm looking for something of more permanent of fillers but I'm quite scared by lips implants. Fat transfert seems quite interesting option! It's possible doing this more than one time?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Clarisse View Post
I'm looking for something of more permanent of fillers but I'm quite scared by lips implants. Fat transfert seems quite interesting option! It's possible doing this more than one time?

Yes.....I will be getting another touch up done in a couple of months an add to make them fuller.