Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Lip Augmentation (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/lip-augmentation/)
-   -   Bruising and Juvederm (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/lip-augmentation/259837-bruising-juvederm/)

ninad468 03-11-2014 07:36 PM

Bruising and Juvederm

Hi-- so I had my lips done two weeks ago, as far as swelling I was very lucky and didnt have any but I bruised awfully at all of the injection sites--- I am going for a little touch up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to prevent bruising??

Thanks!! ��

Belle_Bela 03-11-2014 07:57 PM

I had this problem the first time too (I have a thread on here about it). I had very little bruising the second time so clearly what I changed helped me out and maybe it can help you too.

-I told the doctor when I went back in that I had crazy bruising so she did it with a lighter touch

-I took arnica supplements for 3 days before and after my injections (you can get them at Whole Foods or most pharmacy's).

-I applied arnica gel to my lips first thing in the morning the day of my appointment and kept reapplying it for the next few days. My doctor said the arnica would make a huge difference, and it did!

-I iced for about 20 minutes in the car on my way to the procedure

-I iced all the way home and I continued every hour for as much time as was convenient over the next two days

My bruising was so gross after my first one and it was barely there after the second one. The swelling was much less dramatic also. I don't know which one of these things made the difference or if it was all of them, but I keep hearing that arnica and ice are the way to go!

Good luck next time :-)

Honey003 03-11-2014 08:05 PM

Agree with the above, arnica and icing helped me! I also avoided alcohol and anything containing aspirin a few days before since they can thin the blood. I bruise easy and surprisingly only had one little spot on the inside of my lip. Wishing you better luck this time!

Linaki 03-11-2014 09:57 PM

I just got 2 syringes about a week ago and I swear by Arnica. I take it a week before and after.

ninad468 03-12-2014 03:54 PM

Thanks!! I will try this leading up to my touch up!

SaucyMinx 10-26-2015 03:21 PM

This thread has been super helpful! I'm doing my research to get injections soon and I'm super excited. This has been the most helpful thread so far. I'm almost ready and I'm going to ask an acquaintance I have who has great injections (and talks about them, so I know won't be offending her to ask! : ) for a referral. It's almost D-Day, I'll post on it when it is!

Starry Eyed 11-16-2015 09:54 PM

haven't had lip injections, but I did get a BA and rhinoplasty. I couldn't find arnica in pill form, but I had arnica gel. I had terrible bruising on my face from my eyes all the way down to my neck. I used the arnica gel about 4 or 5 times a day, and it worked really well. I think a pill would work even better. I also took bromelain. It is supposed to help eith swelling and bruising and I think that helped a lot, too. I would suggest using ice, arnica and bromelain. I think the combo will really help with the bruising and swelling. Good luck!

SaucyMinx 11-19-2015 12:13 AM

Arnica comes in granule/pellets that you can find at Whole Foods or natural food stores. You have to take five, three times a day and you don't eat or drink fifteen minutes before or after you take them. It's a lot of work but it's worth it - my swelling was almost imperceptible although I did bruise. I took Bromelain but not as long as I took the arnica.