Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Mommy Makeovers

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mommy Makeovers Discuss mommy makeovers / full makeovers (multiple plastic surgery procedures) in this forum

Like Tree15Likes

Tummy Tuck

Reply Subscribe
Old 04-18-2016, 02:07 AM

bowling1998 is on a distinguished road
Tummy Tuck

Hello

I was wondering if anyone can share with me their TT experiences. I am planning on having one next year!! I am so worried about the post op care and pain! Thank you.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:08 PM
JBI's resident medical laboratory nerd.

CaffeineNcats will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bowling1998 View Post
Hello

I was wondering if anyone can share with me their TT experiences. I am planning on having one next year!! I am so worried about the post op care and pain! Thank you.
Hi there!

I just recently had an extended TT and a BL/BA after massive weight loss. Mine was pretty extensive and I'm still only just shy of 4 weeks post op, but I'll be honest that the recovery isn't an easy one. For me the first 5 to 6 days were the worst, but manageable. My sister stayed with me for a week and I wouldn't have been able to go it alone, so you definitely need help. After the initial week, evey day has been getting better. I also had drains for a total of 3 weeks but that can vary from person to person. From what I have read and heard the recovery is definitely worth the outcome. I still have a long road ahead of me but I already know it was money well spent and the pain/discomfort is going to be worth it.

I would recommend borrowing or renting a walker, it helped a lot the first couple days. Also, at least one wedge pillow and maybe a smaller one to put your knees up and heating pad. I highly recommend a stool softner or something like Miralax as the post op constipation can be rough. These were probably my essentials.

Good luck with your up coming TT! Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

bowling1998 likes this.

Last edited by CaffeineNcats; 04-18-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-19-2016, 01:32 AM

Thank you so much. How do u have to sleep. I heard u have to walk hunched over for a couple of days. Does ur tummy feel super tight?
Old 04-19-2016, 08:33 AM

Thank you so much. How do u have to sleep. I heard u have to walk hunched over for a couple of days. Does ur tummy feel super tight?
I slept on a large wedge pillow I got off Amazon and then another small wedge and some pillows under my knees to kind of keep you in the "V" shape. Yes, if your TT includes repairing the muscles, then you will be need to walk hunched over for a while, depending on your PS instructions, and your muscles will be tight. My surgeon did some crazy muscle work and I was still not standing completely straight at 3 weeks, I've been more active and sleeping on less of an incline this last week and it has helped stretch me out. It still takes me a moment to stretch up when I first stand up.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:29 AM

Ok wow sounds like a lot of down time. Hmm how long do u think I should be off work for? Can I sleep on a recliner?
Old 04-19-2016, 11:15 AM
They are fake and yes they are spectacular!

Gibsongirl will become famous soon enough
My local PS specializes in TT. I had a lot of work done, high lateral tension on the sides and muscle repair with some hernias etc. My skin was super tight but he really encouraged not walking bent over. I had drains for almost 2 weeks. 1 week post op I got called out to cover for another midwife. All was well until after the birth then it hit me, like Wtf was I thinking all that bending over etc.

To me finding a good compression garment was key. At JCP they sell one that is hook and eye closure and is meant for the trunk to minimize it but still looks cute. I wore it as soon as my drains came out until about 6 to 8 weeks post op. I think downtime depends on your job really.

I love my results! My local surgeon is amazing and very affordable. Just not a great boob surgeon lol.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:30 AM

You can definitely sleep in a recliner, I just didn't already own one. And I agree with Gibson, that your downtime really depends on your job.

I'm still in the compression garments that the office gave me but I considered purchasing my own but I'm going to see how much longer they want me to wear them, I'm also had I some minor healing complications, though.

Just remember to follow your own surgeons post op instructions, they all have a little different theories and techniques.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:07 AM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
I had a full tummy tuck and a large muscle repair, i never really found it very painful, it was more a tight uncomfortable feeling. I had to walk hunched over for 10 days post-op to not put any strain on the incisions, walking like this actually gave me a back ache but this resolved itself once i was sitting down.
I slept in my bed and on my back for 6 weeks post-op, and used a pillow under my knees. I wore the compression garment for 6 weeks, i never needed any help in the bathroom but i was very slow with my movements during the first 10 days at doing everything.
The minute that my Plastic Surgeon told me to stand up straight, i felt a hundred times better.
At two weeks post-op other than walking a little slower than usual i felt pretty good. The one thing with a TT is that different people can have a different experience, but the thing that i read on here time and time again, is that it certainly is worth doing once the process is complete and you look back on it.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:52 AM

Thank you for your replies!! I am excited to be getting a TT but so scared of post op!! I do really good with pain and thought the BA was not bad like how I thought it would be. It's just getting alot of time off work is a problem and I stand and walk alot at work. Do u think it will be a problem?
Old 04-20-2016, 07:42 AM

Thank you for your replies!! I am excited to be getting a TT but so scared of post op!! I do really good with pain and thought the BA was not bad like how I thought it would be. It's just getting alot of time off work is a problem and I stand and walk alot at work. Do u think it will be a problem?
Depending on how much time you are able get off work you might just be moving a little slower at first.

Cherry.Pie and bowling1998 like this.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:53 PM

Ok thanks!
Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 AM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
At two weeks post-op i was good but walking a little slower than usual, my daughter who lives away came to see me at this time, and she said that if she hadn't known that i had a full TT she said she would not have known.
I found that i was tired more than normal, and i also had lifting restrictions, i would check with your PS and see what he recommends, he may have a definite time frame that he would like you to be off work.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:35 AM

I do have time available to take off. I would like to be off as long as I can. I had a C section with my last and it was horrible! I had a lot of pain and had to hold my stomach to walk. But which only lasted a fee days. Is it anything like that? Or worse?
Old 04-21-2016, 07:03 AM

Imo a c section is 10x worse.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:23 AM

Really?! I am so glad to here. Lol. Some days I'm excited about doing it and others I question myself. But I know I really need it to feel more comfortable about myself. I will not let my husband look at my stomach. Sounds bad. He does not care what so ever. Just with my BA he said I didn't need it and it was up to me he was happy either way. So I'm glad he's supportive!!!! Anything else I should know?

terrie likes this.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:59 AM

It's life changing for sure. I think it is the single most effective procedure on a mom bod. I too hated for people to see my stomach. Just be prepared to deal with the drains. They are a pain for sure! I had 4 and leaving the house with them clipped to you? Hard to hide lol.

CaffeineNcats likes this.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:47 PM

TexasGab is on a distinguished road
I'm 4 months out from my TT. Best thing I've ever done for myself, hands down! I was afraid of the recovery but it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. I had very little pain...get Exparel if you can. Back pain was the worst and I definitely underestimated how long it would take to stand up straight. I was only off work for 2 weeks, but my 1st week back I worked at home. I travelled by plane for meetings at 3.5 wks...that was right about when I started standing straight and feeling more normal.

I only had drains for 5 days, which seems early compared to most. My scar is nice and low and thin. And I had no complications which was another big fear. I love my belly button too!

I've been back to normal for a couple months now and love my new shape. I'm super excited for bathing suit season.

bowling1998 likes this.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:31 AM

I know the TT will be a great result that I need! I was also thinking about doing a revision BA also but if I don't I'll do it in a couple of years. I'm 4 weeks post op and not happy about size and the way they look. I see my ps next Friday and I have a lot of things to say to him lol
Old 04-22-2016, 09:34 AM

Also after TT and released to exercise do u have to do about work to keep it tight? I will not be gaining weight I'm happy with the weight now other wise if I lose anymore I would look to skinny. Lol. I just don't like exercising..treadmill. but doing weights is fine. At work I don't really mind. Any inputs would help thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 11:03 PM

Also after TT and released to exercise do u have to do about work to keep it tight? I will not be gaining weight I'm happy with the weight now other wise if I lose anymore I would look to skinny. Lol. I just don't like exercising..treadmill. but doing weights is fine. At work I don't really mind. Any inputs would help thanks
I also don't like exercise other than walking, it is over 3 years now since my TT i had a large muscle separation from a large baby which was repaired when i had the full TT, my tummy is as good as it was when it was first done.
I have not gained any weight since my TT, due to illness i have actually lost a little, but my tummy remains tight and flat, i would assume unless a person gained a lot of weight the results of a TT should remain.

bowling1998 likes this.
Reply Subscribe