Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Inverted Nipples Anyone!?!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM

PrettyinPink is on a distinguished road
Inverted Nipples Anyone!?!

So this is a bit weird but I have only ONE inverted nipple (Where my nipples goes in rather than out)... I haven't had my BA yet it is scheduled for July 23rd. I am wondering if any of you girls had an inverted nipple and if so did the BA help fix it!?!? I am thinking it might help push it out from the force ya know??? Well, I am seeing my PS next tuesday so I will ask but just wondering if any of your experienced it??? (Maybe not because only 16% of women have an inverted nipple) haha I am one of the special ones!
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
My sister had one and she had it fixed with a nipple piercing... I'm not sure if a BA alone would help fix that, temporarily maybe. I think a PS can use dissolvable stitches to keep it in position for long enough to hopefully get it to stay out of its hiding after the stitches dissolve, too. I'd ask your PS if he can fix it for you while at it.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
lOOking eVen beTTer 34F

Danielle_CeB is on a distinguished road
Both of my nipples use to be inverted, to the point it made it difficult to breastfeed.. But I do believe that the BA helped with that they arent at attention and hard, but they stick out!!!
Good Luck with your BA!!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ina View Post
My sister had one and she had it fixed with a nipple piercing... I'm not sure if a BA alone would help fix that, temporarily maybe. I think a PS can use dissolvable stitches to keep it in position for long enough to hopefully get it to stay out of its hiding after the stitches dissolve, too. I'd ask your PS if he can fix it for you while at it.

Yea, I actually had my nipples pierced too but it didn't really help after I took it out! I wanted my PS to do something about it but I don't have children yet and want to breast feed so he said he wouldn't mess with them in fear of ruining my milk ducts.

Last edited by JBI_BA_Info; 10-30-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
Ahh. Well as you probably know there's several milk ducts leading out so even if some get blocked the rest are still working... And even if the milk ducts get clogged they can be lanced open by a doctor (heard this is not pleasant tho). Then again you should only do what you feel comfortable with, it would be awful should the worst happen especially since it's not just you but your possible future children involved. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old 05-18-2007, 10:43 AM

erin360 is on a distinguished road
I had my BA on March 25th. I also had bilateral nipple inversion repair. I had severely inverted nipples, Like to the point that they wouldn't come out when trying to get them to. I wasn't able to breastfeed but pumped so both of my kids got breastmilk exclusively for a year. I don't want more kids so had my PS repair them. She said it was extremely short ducts that caused them to be inverted. She had to cut all the ducts and now they look great. I believe there is a procedure for less severely inverted nipples that can be done where they don't cut the ducts. Maybe that would work for you.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Things are lookin' up!

catotexas is on a distinguished road
OMG! I've been waiting for someone to post about this...

Yes, I'm one of the special ones too! In answer to your question, no, having a BA did not affect them at all. But I didn't go very big so that might make a difference.

My PS told me about the procedure that can be done to correct them, but he would not perform it at the same time as my BA because of possible infection (darn). They're not such a big deal to me anymore since I finally got some boobs, but I still want to have them fixed. I've always been very self-conscious about them and I think part of the reason I'm not totally thrilled with my BA is because the nipple issue still makes my body look weird.

I understand not wanting to ruin your chance to breastfeed by cutting milk ducts, but you should know that breastfeeding is VERY difficult, if not impossible, when your nipples are inverted. I tried very hard and managed to get mastitis four times. If you're not familiar with mastitis, it's an unbelievably painful infection of the breast tissue that only clears up with antibiotics. After four rounds I finally started pumping.

I think it can be performed as an outpatient, in office procedure, if you don't or can't have it done at the same time as your BA. My PS told me that maybe having a BA would make them poke out, but no luck!

My little girl, who isn't even two yet, has one that's inverted!!! I'm already sad for her, but things could be worse. She's healthy and happy!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by catotexas View Post
Yes, I'm one of the special ones too! In answer to your question, no, having a BA did not affect them at all. But I didn't go very big so that might make a difference.

My PS told me about the procedure that can be done to correct them, but he would not perform it at the same time as my BA because of possible infection (darn). They're not such a big deal to me anymore since I finally got some boobs, but I still want to have them fixed. I've always been very self-conscious about them and I think part of the reason I'm not totally thrilled with my BA is because the nipple issue still makes my body look weird.

I understand not wanting to ruin your chance to breastfeed by cutting milk ducts, but you should know that breastfeeding is VERY difficult, if not impossible, when your nipples are inverted. I tried very hard and managed to get mastitis four times. If you're not familiar with mastitis, it's an unbelievably painful infection of the breast tissue that only clears up with antibiotics. After four rounds I finally started pumping.

I think it can be performed as an outpatient, in office procedure, if you don't or can't have it done at the same time as your BA. My PS told me that maybe having a BA would make them poke out, but no luck!

My little girl, who isn't even two yet, has one that's inverted!!! I'm already sad for her, but things could be worse. She's healthy and happy!
Awww, I am so happy to hear from you and I am sorry you had to go through so much pain! I actually only have one as well like your daughter so my other is perky and working. Mastitis sounds terrible... Well thanks for responding and I guess it just depends on how bad it is and certain circumstances. As for the breast feeding this may sound kinda out there but the inverted nipple does stick out when sucked on... kinda weird but I totally understand about be self conscious with it! It looks funny!!! thats what I have to say about them!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 PM

tiga is on a distinguished road
I have one inverted nipple too and my PS said not to fix it at time of BA as the BA would probbaly push itout enough, and so far it has, I am only 3 days Post though but I would be surprised if it went inverted again. If it does and it worries me, PS said it is a very minor procedure but not to fix at same time of BA. Try the BA first and see would be my rec.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by tiga View Post
I have one inverted nipple too and my PS said not to fix it at time of BA as the BA would probbaly push itout enough, and so far it has, I am only 3 days Post though but I would be surprised if it went inverted again. If it does and it worries me, PS said it is a very minor procedure but not to fix at same time of BA. Try the BA first and see would be my rec.
Yes, I am hoping that the BA is going to push them out! Crossing my fingers! Thanks for your rec!!! Oh and congrats on your BA!!!!!!!! YAYAYAY!

Last edited by PrettyinPink; 05-19-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: I was being selfish... =(