Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

unhappy with nipple correction

Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 PM

becca1982 is on a distinguished road
Question unhappy with nipple correction

Hi ladies,
I had my ba and lift in March of this year. I had some blood circulation problems so my dr. wanted to wait awhile before he corrected my inverted nipples. He did that a little over 2 weeks ago. He perfomed th e procedure, and put in stitches and told me to come back in 2 weeks to take them out. About a week and half later, the stitches started to come out on one side, and the nipple went flat.

I saw him a few days ago for him to take out the stitches and told him what happened as he was walking out the door. This is how he is, he doesn't want to deal with me, as there have been many problems with my healing. So he tells me to come back in 2 months! The nurse took out the stitches and now they're flat on both sides, instead of inverted. I'm very upset and don't know what to do!
I can't wait 2 months for help on this. Can i do this again, or should i find another dr.? I don't think anyone else will want to work on this, though.

I want to call the nurse to ask for help. What should i ssay to get my point across that he needs to deal with me, instead of always avoiding me and pushing me off? Should i try try the Avent Niplette things i read about on the internet? Any advice would be apreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by becca1982; 11-09-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM

hoolagirl is on a distinguished road
HI, sorry your unhappy with your surgery. when you say your nipples are flat do they stay that way even when your cold?
Mine are flat, unless Im cold or something , it could be that your's will stay flat and not stick out because they were originally inverted?
I really don't have any experience, so don't take offence
Old 11-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience

This just popped into my mind, but did you know you can fix inverted nipples with piercings? See here for example. I don't know if it's your thing at all or not, but I thought I'd mention just in case it is!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 AM

Yeah, i didn't really want to do the niplette thing because i didn't really think it would work, but i'm getting desperate for ideas. I called them, and i'm waiting for them to call me back. I did pay for it, and i expect them to do it again until i get the results i want. Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by milla View Post
Hi becca, i'm sorry you're having to deal with this problem - and with the problem of a very rude and inconsiderate PS.

I can't help you much because i only had a BA - no lift or other "modifications". however i do think that you should put your foot down with your PS and demand the attention and care that you deserve and that you paid for.

Keep calling your PS's office and insist that he sees to your problem. if you paid for your inverted nipples to be corrected and they aren't, its your PS's responsibility to fix your problem.

Regarding your avent nipplettes, i'm not certain about this but i think they're only a temporary thing that allows mothers with inverted nipples to breastfeed their children. they don't actually make inverted nipples stick out, well not permanently. the people i know who used them did so to breastfeed only.

hope to have been of some help, and good luck with your PS. try and take someone with you on your next appointment for some moral support.
[
Old 11-10-2006, 10:24 AM

They stick out when it's cold, or just every once in a while. That's why it's so frustrating, because i can see how good it would look if it just stayed out! On the surgeon's website they show a before and after picture of someone who had the same nipple problem and hers stick out now after surgery. So, someone in that office can do it! I just don't know if it'll work if he goes back in and does it again. I don't know if i can take it if they take out the stitches and they go flat again. I am happy that they're not inverted anymore, though.
And if it's not too personal, what do guys think of your nipples?
thanks

Originally Posted by hoolagirl View Post
HI, sorry your unhappy with your surgery. when you say your nipples are flat do they stay that way even when your cold?
Mine are flat, unless Im cold or something , it could be that your's will stay flat and not stick out because they were originally inverted?
I really don't have any experience, so don't take offence
Old 11-10-2006, 10:26 AM

I have thought about that, but i just really don't want to get them pierced. I guess i'd rather have them flat than pierced. I may have done that, though if they were still inverted. Thanks for the advice, though!

Originally Posted by Ina View Post
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience

This just popped into my mind, but did you know you can fix inverted nipples with piercings? See here for example. I don't know if it's your thing at all or not, but I thought I'd mention just in case it is!

Last edited by JBI_BA_Info; 06-08-2008 at 03:04 PM.