Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Perky48
  • 2 Post By Anjne
  • 1 Post By mamasaurus

Nipple Reduction ??? sensitivity loss

Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM

Perky48 is on a distinguished road
Nipple Reduction ??? sensitivity loss

I am strongly considering getting this done with my BA, even though DH doesn't want me too.....

They are so stretched out due to nursing, they just hang down unless it's cold or (well you know) and then their like pencil erasers on steroids!!!.

So my question is, did you loose any sensitivity after having this done. That's a huge make or break factor in my decision.

Thanks for any input.

colette likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Anjne is on a distinguished road
Hi! I had a nipple reduction with my BA. I just had the length reduced not nipple size. Mine were stretched out and floppy from nursing and I just wanted them to stay up again. It was the best decision ever and made such an improvement and other than the stitches I hardly noticed any pain from it. As far as sensitivity mine were ultra sensitive for the first month or so now they feel like they did pre op. I lost a lot of sensitivity from breastfeeding. I still have feeling just no longer have the orgasmic nipples I used to.

D&A1998 and colette like this.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Anjne View Post
Hi! I had a nipple reduction with my BA. I just had the length reduced not nipple size. Mine were stretched out and floppy from nursing and I just wanted them to stay up again. It was the best decision ever and made such an improvement and other than the stitches I hardly noticed any pain from it. As far as sensitivity mine were ultra sensitive for the first month or so now they feel like they did pre op. I lost a lot of sensitivity from breastfeeding. I still have feeling just no longer have the orgasmic nipples I used to.
Thanks so much for sharing. That is exactly what I want to have done. If you don't mind me asking.... how much length did they take and how much did they leave you with. I want them to just take enough so they don't "flop" but enough left to "stand up" (if that makes any sense at all...lol)

I want new perky nipples to go with my new perky boobies. I may have to just tell the PS to do it without DH's go ahead.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Anjne is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure exactly how much was taken off..probably not a lot cause they look very similar to pre op except now they stay up instead of flop down.Tissue from the middle is what was taken out. My actual nipple was not changed. I have seen some nipple reductions where the nipple was made smaller too.

Definitely discuss it with your ps because you want to make sure you're on the same page as far as what type of reduction you are wanting.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:57 AM

I have my preop on Monday so at least I feel informed enough to be able to discuss it thoroughly.

Thanks again for sharing, it has been a great help!!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:21 PM

mamasaurus is on a distinguished road
Mine hung down like that too before I had my nipple reduction. I'm so glad I did it. I did not have any loss of feeling and they healed very quickly.

colette likes this.