Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Nipple reduction for "Prominent/Puffy" nipples

Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM

BostonBoobies is on a distinguished road
Nipple reduction for "Prominent/Puffy" nipples

From what I've read so far in other's posts, it sounds like many of you have chosen to have a reduction after child-bearing, breastfeeding, losing weight, etc. which all makes tons of sense. When I went to the consultation with a second PS, I was a little shocked and taken aback when he recommended a nipple reduction. I've never thought of mine as having been that large or prominent, but he described them as that and "puffy." he explained that they make my breasts appear more pointed and in his experience, women with nipples similar to mine were much more satisfied with a nipple reduction along with their augmentation.

I have no children and I am very petite, my breasts had very little breast tissue to begin with and I went with 250cc's for the augmentation. After much debate, I decided that I wasn't comfortable with this additional procedure and did not pursue it. I'm only about a week post-op and now reflecting back on the decision... I like the shape and size of them the way that they are but I do see now that they seem to give my breasts a more pointed shape.

Has anyone else been taken aback by their surgeon's suggestion? Did you end up following through with it or deciding not to? I haven't posted about this procedure before so just curious to hear some thoughts on it!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 PM

WomanofSkill is on a distinguished road
i am a little surprised your surgeon would mention it if u didn't. Either way if u are happy with them don't let anyone talk u into a procedure, Good luck and Happy Healing
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM

phaeton is on a distinguished road
The complete opposite happened for me... I went into my consult with my "big & puffy" areolas being one of my main concerns. My PS actually advised against it and said that I should go with the BA first and see how I feel after my BA. He said that they won't be as prominent once they are on a larger breast...

And you know what, he's totally right... for my left nipple anyways. It's actually perfect and I love it now that it's on a larger/augmented breast. My right nipple, however (which was always my bigger/uglier one) is still absolutely hideous to me. I saw my PS last week and he said that it should "settle down" some more and look less pointy, so here's hoping!

But, here I am, still considering an areola reduction on my right side... ugh!

Btw, could it be that you're still a little swollen that they are looking more pointy to you now? My friend didn't have the same issue as me/us pre-op, but right after surgery her nipples were extremely swollen and looked a lot like mine did pre-op...
Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM

kitten777 is on a distinguished road
I am starting to think of getting a nipple reduction. I'm going with 370mod+ now and I think breastfeeding made my nipples too long. Are you doing it at the same time?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM

my nipples are long from nursing, super tiny areola. do you think with implants the nipples won't look as long? because when I pull the skin tight they look even more prominent like torpedoes.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM

i'm getting 370mod+. Yippee!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Amor13 is on a distinguished road
Hi there,

I was wondering if your nipple size since your surgery went down in size. I am pre op and have the "puffy" nipple issue as well and after reading a lot of these post, it seems that implants have helped flatten them out. I hope this is true for me as well as I would like to avoid an extra surgery and cutting near my nipple.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:24 AM

GingerGatell is on a distinguished road
When I went in for my consult I was surprised to learn that I have slightly herniated ("puffy") areolas. My PS did not recommend reduction, though, he wants me to have the BA first and then if I'm unhappy with them I can have a second surgery. I actually was somewhat taken aback when he told me my areolas were abnormal because I've honestly never noticed it before! My PS seems pretty conservative, which I like. He made it sound line a second surgery to reduce the areolas wouldn't be much of a problem, so I'm curious if that's the route you took! I know this is an old post, so I'm wondering what ended up becoming of your areolas ��
Old 12-09-2014, 06:42 AM

meloncandy05 is on a distinguished road
I have puffy nipples and I asked my PS if they would stay that way after my BA he said they will but he could fix it. When he said that my huddy said hell no apparently he love my puffy nipples. I did a bit of research and a lot of men do lol. I will never understand men