Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissOhio1986

Areola Reduction????

Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 PM

Sherry is on a distinguished road
Areola Reduction????

Has anyone had an areola reduction along with their ba? I had it done a month ago and I'm still very tender and the glue is finally coming off of my incision.
How long did it take for your scars to fade and the soreness to ease up?

My ps only has me doing gentle massages (pushing them together and pushing them up). Did anyone else have this same technique?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:33 AM

LisaPSL is on a distinguished road
I had a nipple reduction and that was the hardest part of the healing process for me. The soreness eased up at about 2 months. I am 7 months PO now and still consider myself healing. My right nip was numb for a long time and my left one was hyper sensitive. Honestly...my nips still don't feel normal but they will in time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaPSL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by LisaPSL View Post
I had a nipple reduction and that was the hardest part of the healing process for me. The soreness eased up at about 2 months. I am 7 months PO now and still consider myself healing. My right nip was numb for a long time and my left one was hyper sensitive. Honestly...my nips still don't feel normal but they will in time.
What did you use on your scars?
Old 01-23-2008, 03:41 AM

Smile

I did not use anything on my scars. It took so long to heal the incisions and I did not want to put that stuff on a open wound. Once they did heal...I found the scar creams, oils and ointments messy and they would get all over the inside of my bra. I did not try the silicone sheets. I have read that those are the best. There is a whole thread on scar treatments that you can view. Its really personal choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaPSL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 AM

The silicon sheets are what my ps recommended, so I will try those. I did read the other thread about what to put on scars, but I was wondering if any of those ladies had the scar completly around the aerola.

I have not put anything on them yet and it seems like the scars are already starting to fade.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:49 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
The silicon sheets are what my ps recommended, so I will try those. I did read the other thread about what to put on scars, but I was wondering if any of those ladies had the scar completly around the aerola.

I have not put anything on them yet and it seems like the scars are already starting to fade.

Sounds great. Hang in there...its a long road to be completly healed. Everybody heals different and I had a few set backs with spitting stitches and such so mine might have been longer. Best of luck to you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaPSL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2008, 11:19 AM

Thanks so much for the encouragement.

By the way, your avatar picture looks great.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sherry For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2008, 07:26 PM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
I had an areola reduction with my BA. My PS had me use Aquaphor on the scars and gently massage the scars everyday. It really gave me the willies at first to massage the scars as they were still really tender, but after about a week, it didn't hurt any longer. He had me doing breast massages as early as one day post op.

I am 10 months post-op now and my scars are completely faded. They are thin white lines now.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAINAZ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2008, 03:34 PM

MissOhio1986 is on a distinguished road
hey there. my nipples appear really perfect
ly round! someone commented that they looked tattooed on..lol. even my ps gave me a high five..hahaha.

because the nipples were bound so tightly, they healed on their own. the hardest part for my twins to heal were the inner incisions in between the breasts, because there was no pressure binding them, you know wht i mean. the pressure from the bra is what makes the incisions heal the fastest. so the parts that i used bio oil on were the cresent part of the incision, and the line from my nipple down. i hate that these areas wont fade completely.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:34 PM

MissOhio1986 is on a distinguished road
hey there. my nipples appear really perfect
ly round! someone commented that they looked tattooed on..lol. even my ps gave me a high five..hahaha.

because the nipples were bound so tightly, they healed on their own. the hardest part for my twins to heal were the inner incisions in between the breasts, because there was no pressure binding them, you know wht i mean. the pressure from the bra is what makes the incisions heal the fastest. so the parts that i used bio oil on were the cresent part of the incision, and the line from my nipple down. i hate that these areas wont fade completely.

complexity likes this.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:42 PM

battgirl is on a distinguished road
i am about a month out from a doughnut lift and areola reduction. My areolas are now really hard from the skin being pulled tight. How long until you ladies started to "soften up"??
Old 02-15-2008, 12:53 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Thank you

I actually just posted this in the general section. My ps says that the average areola is 5cm in circumfrence so he measures up and if you're bigger than that then he reduces them during the ba. Thanks for all the info
Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM

pinkprincess is on a distinguished road
oh man.. this is what they are going to do to me next week. I knew mine were big but I guess I didnt realize HOW big till he said wow, your areola is really big.

Thanks for all the tips ladies... I'm praying that I can handle the pain
Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 PM

I'm happy to say that I have done a lot of changing in the past month. I'm so happy I had the areola reduction. I think it took longer to heal but it was well worth it. I still have some numbness in the nipple area but it is getting better.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 PM

bluesunshine is on a distinguished road
I had areola reduction and breast augmentation in mid October. The PS said I could start to use the silicone scar healing strip system and the healing process takes a while. Parts of my scar's are puckered looking does anyone else have this situation, also how long did it take for you ladies to D&F? The PS said I have a long way to go any tips for speeding the process up?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Anxiously waiting!

jenna7 is on a distinguished road
Doughnut lift help plsss

I just had a doughnut lift yester day
and it loks so weird and not like regular nipples.
Is this normal? my skin is al scrunched up, my nipples r swollen and look gross
pls tell me this is normal
Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 AM

Courage is on a distinguished road
Hey girls,
I'm booked for areola reduction and BA with periareola incision.

Did any of you girls have stats:

Pre op:
B cup
5"7
135pouds

Would like to know if you got permanant stitches and if any have stretched out because of the pressure on them or if it's stayed in
Place.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2013, 03:43 PM

Newness is on a distinguished road
I had this do w with my BA, 9 days Post op, I still have the steri strips on, PS said they will prob be on for another week or 2 then to start using the scar gel, I bought some stuff for scars at their office, not sure exactly what it is but it was pricey so hopefully it works well.