Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By LisaRS
  • 2 Post By Brittany6755
  • 1 Post By Lovely91

Areola reduction- too young?

Old 12-31-2013, 07:26 PM

alaskewable is on a distinguished road
Areola reduction- too young?

I have always had an issue with my areolas. At the moment they are probably near 7cm in diameter, they look awful. It has damaged my confidence so much I have not even been able to date because I don't want men to hate them. My last boyfriend was so turned off by them, but there's nothing I could do about it because that's the way I was born. I am at about 34C bra size, and I'm happy with the size of my breasts.

I am currently twenty years old, and just from web searches I'm finding that areola reduction should only be done after one is finished having children, but I don't want to wait. I'm also paying my way through college, but I can't stop thinking about this problem.

Would it be wise to consult with a surgeon even though this procedure cannot be covered by insurance? I also do not know how to approach my parents about this, or if I even would need to tell them, since I'm covered by their health plan.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 PM

LisaRS is on a distinguished road
Definitely go for a consultation and get information. You dont need to tell your parents about the surgery. If your have the surplus cash then I would get them fixed if it bothers you. However if you are going to be short on money for college then I would say wait. If you were to spend college money and cant afford to put yourself through school then your parents might ask where your money went and be disappointed.
I had to put myself through school as well and I care what my parents think so I waited until I was done and worked enough to pay cash for my boob job.
They are supportive of my decision to get a BA but there was no need for me to tell them. So its a matter of preference if you want to tell your parents.

alaskewable likes this.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:59 AM
Every day is a good day with big boobies :-)

Brittany6755 is on a distinguished road
When you do your research also see how a full areola reduction could impact yourability to breastfeed. It may not matter now to you but it probably will a little later in life. I have bigger areolas. They've stretched even more with implants.

360mods and alaskewable like this.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Thank you both for the information. I think I am going to go in for at least a consultation, just to see what options I have. I'm also considering a breast lift, so once I am finished with college I can see if I have enough in savings for a procedure, should I choose to go through with it.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM

futureRMT is on a distinguished road
I do think a consult is a good idea but be aware and prepared
You may feel really down after the first one. Might just be me
But my first consult was both good and bad bc I was really insecure
About my breasts and my nipples were big but it was from stretching
From nursing. So my point is just mentally prepare one thing about
Plastic surgery is it's sometimes reinforcing what you already didn't like

That said I am so happy with my results I had a lift and areola
Reduction with augmentation.
I wouldn't have done it til being done with having children though bc
Being on here you will notice some ladies even a year post op
Still don't have nipple sensation on one or both sides
Mine is coming back full force on the right and slowly on the left

I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry your ex was like that
I don't think there is a reason to tell our partner
About physical attributes of theirs that turn us off its just rude
Unless someone's weight is hurting their health etc otherwise
Why add to someone's insecurities esp someone you should love
Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 PM

Lovely91 is on a distinguished road
Wow you have the same stats as me pre BA. I was a 34C and huge areolas. I do have a daughter though. That guy is an immature human being becuase breasts come in different shapes and forms!!! I am in my early 20s, if i were you i would get them reduced because to me it is very important to feel beautiful for ME even though it is not priority. I am very happy with my results, once you become a member you can see how mine turned out!

brae likes this.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:42 PM

360mods will become famous soon enough
I have large areolas to mine are between 5-6cm.. they stretched this large with my implants.. No I don't think you need to tell your parents as the only thing my insurance covered was a couple of my prescriptions.. You could most definetly go to consults with a few different surgeons as most offer free consultations. But I agree with another post that mentioned the affects of breast feeding.. Ive had full benelli lift and the scar does heal nicely.. My next BA I will be having an areolar reduction. Good luck
Old 01-03-2014, 11:14 AM

Wow, thanks everyone for your responses. I think I will definitely go for a consult and see how this could affect breastfeeding. I'm feeling more comfortable with the surgery now that I think it could make me so more confident, I think it's worth it.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM

Misscwick is on a distinguished road
I had an areole reduction on my 2nd BA when I was 24 and then I got pregnant about 3 years after that. I breasted just fine, but I am not going to lie, it is so extremely painful!
And even having my husband just suck on my nipples is so excruciating and that was before I got pregnant.
They look great and all... And I was able to breast feed, but it was extremely painful to the point I would cry from the pain.
And after you have the reduction, if they cut a nerve or something like that around the areola there's no way of fixing that.

I'm not trying to scare you, I just wanted you to have my honest opinion from someone who's had it done and breastfed afterword.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 AM

Ahowe07 will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't tell my parents, I'd be too embarassed and I'm 26!!! I too am getting an aerola reduction. Mine were always large but got about 50% larger after breastfeeding two children.

One one hand I'd say wait because they WILL get bigger if you BF, on the other hand I know what it feels like to be so self conscious. Over AREOLAS? Heck yea, they are the bain of my existence. The saggy boobs, the stretch marks, and extra belly skin, what bothers me the most? My areolas.

This call is yours and yours alone. I totally understand where you are coming from though. If you end up having babies and want a breast augmentation afterwards you could just get them reduced again.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:40 PM
kpasta

kpasta is on a distinguished road
I recently started looking into the possibility of doing a reduction after if am done having children, the input is very informative and I am already picturing what my po will look like
Old 09-26-2015, 10:14 AM

LisaStone is on a distinguished road
I had my breast augmentation and areola reduction a couple months ago. I am 18 years old. I, like you was very insecure about the size of my areolas. My doctor didn't say anything about my age being a problem. So far I have had no problems, I have experienced no sensitivity loss and I have no regrets! I absolutely love my results.

If you are a member please feel free to check out my photos
Old 09-26-2015, 11:27 AM
JBI's resident medical laboratory nerd.

CaffeineNcats will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by LisaStone View Post
I had my breast augmentation and areola reduction a couple months ago. I am 18 years old. I, like you was very insecure about the size of my areolas. My doctor didn't say anything about my age being a problem. So far I have had no problems, I have experienced no sensitivity loss and I have no regrets! I absolutely love my results.

If you are a member please feel free to check out my photos
Just FYI, this is an older thread and the OP hasn't been active since Jan 2014.