Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ILaughOutLoud

Areola reduction | Scars, healing time, etc.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:45 AM

sphimawari is on a distinguished road
Areola reduction | Scars, healing time, etc.

Hi ladies!

New girl here, thinking about saving up and getting an areola reduction as I've never been happy with their size and it very much affects my confidence. Though, I am worried that after they have fully healed, there will be noticeable scars that would be obvious to a future partner. I am very self-conscious about my areolas and have avoided some relationships and whatnot due to being afraid of guys finding them gross and a turn off, so I'd be extremely happy to have them smaller but I don't want it to be obvious that I've had a procedure. I just want them to look natural.
I know a lot of you might be thinking of saying that I shouldn't worry about what any guy thinks and if he happens to love me then he'll understand. But I feel like if the scars were noticeable to a guy, I would still be very afraid and self-conscious about showing my body, which would defeat the purpose of getting the reduction.

Can any of you tell me if the scars heal up well and practically disappear and if not, if there are any ointments or anything at all that would help make them so?
Also, I'm curious as to how long it takes for them to be considered fully healed after the surgery.

If anyone could give their two cents I'd be more than grateful!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:35 AM

sphimawari is on a distinguished road
Someone please help
Old 02-21-2014, 03:57 AM

anna1954 is on a distinguished road
scars are individual

Unfortunately there are no right or wrong answers to your questions. The way we scar is down to lots of factors like our ethnicity e.g darker skin more at risk of keloid scars. It's down to our general health, nutrition, type of incision, presence of infection e.t.c and mostly pure luck!!!!!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:17 AM

brae is on a distinguished road
that's great advice! i really want my areolas smaller, and i keep having to remind myself that they likely won't be "perfect" after. i'm really struggling with the decision.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:26 PM

sunnygirl79 is on a distinguished road
My original BA had areola scar on left side. It faded to a thin barely there, smooth scar. It was whitish in color, looked almost invisible. My current incisions are 3 months PO and still pretty pink, but flat and smooth already. Love the reduction!

I have public album of my original 400s that show my 10yr old scar. When you get member take a look
Old 09-26-2014, 02:58 PM

brae is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
My original BA had areola scar on left side. It faded to a thin barely there, smooth scar. It was whitish in color, looked almost invisible. My current incisions are 3 months PO and still pretty pink, but flat and smooth already. Love the reduction!

I have public album of my original 400s that show my 10yr old scar. When you get member take a look
i can't even see your scar at all! amazing!
Old 09-26-2014, 04:10 PM

LadyLola is on a distinguished road
I had an areola reduction with my BA. I'm 4 weeks post op right now my scars are already fading to pink. There is a bit of puckering, but I have an internal suture under each areola that won't come out until 9 months post op. I bought my scar gel directly from my PS. Everything else he has done to me is amazing, so even though it cost more I feel better going with a product he recommends.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:33 PM

ILaughOutLoud is on a distinguished road
i know this is a old thread, put i will put this info here for folks that search the site like i do.

areola scars tend to change how your areola contracts and reacts to cold and arousal. so if you get a BA and have periareola incisions, that lower half can sometimes look quite different than the top hals with the scar. This is the case with me. not a huge deal, but noticeable and it is one of the few things i dislike about my boobs.

so fast forward 18 years and I'm getting a BL, and one of the things I'm most excited about is that with full anchor lift i will clearly be cutting all the way around the areola and so they will get to all be the same after healing. yes all different, but at least the same all the way around. I am getting the areola reduction too, yippee.

if i could talk to the younger me and suggest i do one thing different when i got my first BA, was to consider getting a mild reduction then and having a even scar all the way around to keep things looking balanced. now I'm not sure if i would have, breastfeeding was very important to me and so i wanted to be non invasive as i could, but it is something to think about.

sunnygirl79 likes this.