Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

slightly Herniated areolas reduction

Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 PM

Lokita01 is on a distinguished road
Question slightly Herniated areolas reduction

Hello ladies I am still considering whether i should have a BA, i am really worried because i have herniated and what i consider large nipples, therefore i would need to have an incision all the way around the areola i am worried about the scarring? I don't want to have any scars at all, have any of you ladies done this procedure and have no scar at all? and if i do get the areola reduction does it stretch back out over time? Please help me
Old 12-09-2014, 06:00 AM

GingerGatell is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lokita01 View Post
Hello ladies I am still considering whether i should have a BA, i am really worried because i have herniated and what i consider large nipples, therefore i would need to have an incision all the way around the areola i am worried about the scarring? I don't want to have any scars at all, have any of you ladies done this procedure and have no scar at all? and if i do get the areola reduction does it stretch back out over time? Please help me
I haven't had my BA yet, it's scheduled for March, but I just found out at my consultation that I too, have slightly herniated areolas. I always knew I had large nipples but I guess I never realized my areolas were abnormal. My surgeon said they could possibly become more noticeable after my BA but that he doesn't think they need to be corrected right now. If I'm unhappy with how they look later he said he can correct them in a second surgery. I'm satisfied with that, because like I said - I never even realized they were abnormal! I'm a natural redhead and have very pale skin and light nipples and areolas so I guess they just don't stand out that much. I'm curious to hear from anyone that had the areolar reduction surgery though, so I'll definitely be following up here!