Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

inverted nipples

Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 AM

delilah is on a distinguished road
inverted nipples

Hi
Has anyone had inverted nipples corrected along with a ba? Mine have always been completely inverted, I've tried all the gadgets to get them to come out, but to no avail. Has anyone out there had this done along with a breast enlargement and if so, did it complicate it much?
thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
They can do this by placing a slowly dissolvable stitch through the nipple after getting it out in the first place. The results aren't guaranteed, as in they might still go back to inverted eventually, but for many they do seem to hold up well and come up with good results.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM

Thanks Ina, but from the lack of replies it seems I'm pretty much alone in the old 'inverted nipples' malarky. What a pity, was trying to believe that it was pretty common. Mind you, have had enough comments over the years from disappointed guys (years ago of course, before loving husband), along the lines of 'ohmigod, I've never seen that in my entire life' to realise it probably is quite unusual. If there are any other women out there with 'innies' (and I'm talking grade 3)please say so, I'm feeling like a freak!! (not really, quite well adjusted really, just would like them fixed)
Old 06-05-2008, 03:45 PM

Lovely is on a distinguished road
I don't have them but just wanted to show support and im sure you DON'T like like a freak!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:56 PM

Lovely, you are too sweet! Thankyou for support
Old 06-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Enjoy life for the fullest. It has an expiration date.

Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of Slinky has much to be proud of
I can't say I know much about it, but I'm thinking if you're going to have surgery anyway, might as well give it a try!
Good luck! I hope it works and they stay outies.

Slinky
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
I know this because my sister has an inverted nipple... She had it fixed by getting a nipple piercing through it A lot of surgeons prefer to do the nipple inversion correction separate from the BA though as some believe it can lead infection into the milk ducts and thus the implant. Some are happy to do it with your breast augmentation. It is still fairly common, but for obvious reasons it's not an issue often discussed. Also many inverted nipples pop out when it's cold or when a woman gets excited, so that might be one reason why guys haven't seen them. Not all of them come out, but some of them do, so you probably wouldn't be able to tell in all situations.

Also sometimes the pressure from the implants alone is enough to push the nipple out, but that is rarely a permanent change. Once the swelling goes down the nipple goes back in, which is why they use a separate surgery to correct it.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 AM

seeking advice is on a distinguished road
Hey Chick,
Your definately not a freak, my left nipple is inverted & i've always hated it & referred to it as my bad boob - then i had a lummp removed from my right (my good boob) & i hate the scar so i now have to bad boobs that i hate, which is why i'm plannig ba, so i can love them again.
Anyway i guess my rampbling about hating my boobs doesn't make you feel any better but just know your not alone!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:03 AM

*jessica_jane86* is on a distinguished road
im not sure if mine are inverted, but they definitely dont stick out 100% of the time, mostly they are just sitting even, but when its cold they come and say hi.. haha
Old 04-05-2009, 05:27 AM

kitkat is on a distinguished road
Hey you aren't alone! I have inverted nipples, but I just have never cared enough about it to have it corrected. The doctor told me that just having the BA itself might make them come out, and they do stick out a little more than before, but not really.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!! I just didn't get them corrected w/my BA (as I wanted the least invasive surgery possible). But good luck! I'll send a FR so you can see.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:44 AM

kdenon01 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, you are totally not alone!! Mine are inverted. I decided to leave them...my BA didn't fix them either. Oh well. My hubby doesn't mind them...and he's the only other one who sees them.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:43 AM

legalyblonde is on a distinguished road
Have you had children? If you are interested in breastfeeding, you might not want to have anything done to the nipple.

That being said, I had inverted nipples my whole life. You know what corrected them, nursing my daughter for 14 months! LOL
Old 04-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Bing is on a distinguished road
If you really want to have them surgically fixed then I suggest waiting to have all your children first (If you want kids). The reason that inverted nipples are inverted are because your milk ducts are shorter then normal. A surgeon can cut your duct to release it. But, it will mess with breast feeding later. I too have the same problem. Although breastfeeding has helped it come out a bit!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Does time really heal all things?

Tatarxox will become famous soon enough
Thank I had one inverted growing up but it somehow corrected itself. Maybe it had something to do with breastfeeding. IDK..Sorry not much help, just wanted you to know your not the only one.