Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyNeedsBoobs

Areola Reduction: scarring issues

Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Nicholyse is on a distinguished road
Areola Reduction: scarring issues

Hi ladies... it's been a while since I've visited, but I have some concerns and no one else understands like you ladies I hope you all can offer some insight.

Just some back story: I had a BA 9/06, overs, breast lift w/right breast and areola reduction, areola incision with both breasts. Not only am I not very happy with the way they look without a pushup (wide set, especially when lying down... I can fit my whole hand between them) they look extremely fake if I'm not sitting upright because I have thin skin and you can see the implant, especially in sunlight. Anyway... my nipple on the right breast still has puckering and is very jagged around the edges. I was hoping it would smooth out and heal nicely, but it looks like patchwork, especially with my dark skin. So I will be going back to my PS this summer (I've moved a couple states away and haven't been able to see him.) Maybe he can give some insight.

To add to this, I only used the silicone sheets for about 3 weeks, but now I wonder if it is too late for them to have an effect in the way this will look or if I would just be wasting time and money by using them. Has anyone had this issue or something similar? What did your PS recommend? Thanks for taking the time to read I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Suprmama will become famous soon enough
I have heard that using silicone scar sheets can work even on old scars. It's def worth a try.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:34 PM

pinkprincess is on a distinguished road
if they still have puckering then I'm sure it is something a ps would have to "fix" but as for scars you can still do scar treatment.

I had areolar reduction too and thankfully almost all my puckering is gone and the scars are already getting lighter on their own (I was told not to do scar therapy yet... ?)

sorry you are not very happy with your surgery. I personally would use a new ps this time to make sure you are satisfied this time around.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Nicholyse is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies... I'm going back to see him next month, so I'm going to talk to him about it and see what he may be able to do if anything... for now, I guess it's back to the silicone sheets
Old 05-29-2013, 06:18 PM

BabyNeedsBoobs is on a distinguished road
Silicone sheets

Hey ladies!
Where are y'all getting the silicone sheets? Are they coming from your ps or are you having to find/buy them on your own? Just wondering... Thanks!!

Newness likes this.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM

LilyBlack will become famous soon enough
^You can buy silicone sheets and gels from the pharmacy but I ordered some sheets from ebay, it was cheaper there than in my local pharmacy.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Totsky is on a distinguished road
I haven't even had my op yet - but ordered some from Amazon in readiness for 11 weeks tomorrow - count down is on x