Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes

What is the "perfect" nipple size?

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-25-2008, 08:03 PM

lennie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mcra1g View Post
I have natural small aerola plates (see my photos) This is the reason why I got crease incision cuz I love the way mines look and I didn't want them changed. After BA it stretech out a little but still small. My nipps are small too. Hubby says I have the perfect size and LOVES THEM!
Your nipples/areola are the size that was voted as the "perfect size" on the site mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:35 PM

mcra1g is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lennie View Post
Your nipples/areola are the size that was voted as the "perfect size" on the site mentioned in an earlier post on this thread.
REALLY!!?? Thats cool! I haven't seen the post yet but thanks for letting me know.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 PM

morningstar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ElizaMoon View Post
I would think that a quarter is a nice size. Mine are easily a silver dollar... on a good day. Sigh.
Mine are about the same size as yours but I've always liked them that way. Probably because I didn't realize there was a "perfect" size. Even now that I've been enlightened I wouldn't change them.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 PM

biggies is on a distinguished road
I actually hated my aerolas pre ba cause they
are bigger than average from pregnancy...and
they were always shrivelled and dark in colour
from the deflated sacks...and I wanted them
reduced when I was told I needed a lift by
another doc...didn't get a lift...and kept my
aerola size and now the skin of the aerola is
actually lighter post ba and blends in nicely...
I now think they look sexy
Old 07-26-2008, 08:10 AM

DuskyAngel is on a distinguished road
I didnt know there was an ideal nipple size too. For me, it will depend on how big your boobies are or most importantly, I think the ideal size is relative. Others love smaller nipples while others, bigger ones. I have small ones and I love them as they are!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:45 PM

lauren21 is on a distinguished road
No Cost???

You are soo lucky your PS is doing this at no charge. I am almost three months post op, i had a benelli lift on my left side only and a Breast Augmentation on both...And my Left nipple is way larger than the right! Even my bras hurt becuase the edges touch the areola..My right one is definitelythe size of a quarter and my left is larger..I asked him about this and he said that before surgery he had marked it but due to changes in room temp. the areola and nipple contracts therefore there was not much he could do. and i beleived him!...Now that I am hearing all of this I'm getting a bit upset..Why doesnt he want to fix it! It's uncomfortable! Sorry...venting!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM

MorningGlory is on a distinguished road
I've have been reading all the posts to the "perfect" nipple size and I agree..it's definitely a preference. I, myself prefer small..but when I really think about..I think because my breasts have so much sag that it affects the way they look. Maybe when they're are filled up I won't even notice them, lol! Yes...I am lucky about the "no cost". I actually mentioned it to my PS and he said, "Oh, yes..we will take care of that." I am surprised considering when I mention anything to do with implants >400cc's and HP's his response is, "This isn't Hollywood" (yes..he has said that to me more than once) that he would even think about making my areola's smaller, lol!

Lauren- It's interesting that you mention "room temp" because I thought about it..but thought...that can't be a factor..especially when they perform that procedure all the time! I would be concerned about his response. Doesn't really make sense..Imagine if that was the only procedure you were getting? And that was the response? Very curious..maybe someone else can explain that better than me...IDK!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 PM

JCsMomma is on a distinguished road
I didn't realize there was a "perfect" size either. Mine are definitely on the larger side, and I really don't mind. In fact I kind of like them. Although I do think they will look even better and more proportioned after my BA. My right one is noticeable larger than the left though, so my PS is going to even them out when I have my lift. I don't want them smaller really, just even. I think the PP's are right and that "perfect" size is relative and more of a preference. I've never thought that mine were "too large," or had any complaints for that matter
Old 08-01-2008, 07:20 PM

Tiger is on a distinguished road
Mine measured out to be 4.5-5 cm, but that's bigger than a quarter....

I had tremendous areolas. I had tuberous breasts, and my areolas literally took up at least 30% of the surface area of my breasts - they were unbelievably hideous. So what I have now - by my standards are absolutely PERFECT!

However, they are not identical in terms of shape - it isn't a huge difference, but it is there, so in all likelihood I will be going back for a revision in a few months.

-Tiger
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Thea is on a distinguished road
My youngest LOVED to nursed, my nipples look it! I want to get my nipples reduced, they are so sad looking. My areolas are good size however. I don't want my areolas to stretch from my BA.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Lucid Dreamer

lucid dreamer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mcra1g View Post
I have natural small aerola plates (see my photos) This is the reason why I got crease incision cuz I love the way mines look and I didn't want them changed. After breast augmentation it stretech out a little but still small. My nipps are small too. Hubby says I have the perfect size and LOVES THEM!
mine are small as well. this thread made me feel the need to measure mine. theyre about 3cm. i wish they were larger, but not big. i was wondering how they stretch after your BA. circular, or oblong? and is there any way to make them bigger? surgery, tattoo? something, idk. thank you!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
I would think the "perfect size" would be dependent highly on the size of the breasts. (larger breasts would mean a somewhat larger areola).

I want teensy ones. It was never in the stars for me. Mine were massive. I have had them reduced and finally took alook today. They look only slightly smaller than they did before and after the implants drops they may stretch even more. The good news is the proportion of breats to nipple is much better than it was before.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 AM

bbjay is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CAINAZ View Post
5 cm is the standard for most PS.
Just caught this...I have 2 inches in diameter so that is around 5 cm. Interesting. I thought mine still look pretty big. But my boobs are HUGE and I can tell the proportion of breast tissue to areola tissue is much much better. They look more like a cherry on top rather than half of the sundae.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:09 PM

FitnessFreak is on a distinguished road
Hmm I don't know. Anyone else not think there's an ideal size? I definitely have seen my fair share of boobs doing research, and I can admire them, but I know I like different kinds. They all tend to be medium-large and perky, but the areola/nips vary.

Can someone link me to pics of what's considered big, perfect, and small areolas/nips? I want my boobs to be as close to perfect as possible.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 AM

Courage is on a distinguished road
Hey girls,
I'm booked for areola reduction and BA with periareola incision.

Did any of you girls have stats:

Pre op:
B cup
5"7
135pouds

Would like to know if you got permanant stitches and if any have stretched out because of the pressure on them or if it's stayed in
Place.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM

RCJH is on a distinguished road
Did anyone get areola reduction and then have an increase in areola size again with BA?

If so, was the increase in size significant?
Reply Subscribe