Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

Making Nips smaller?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 PM

KC MAMA is on a distinguished road
Making Nips smaller?

Hi Ladies,

This is an embrassing topic for me but here it goes. Did anyone make their nipples smaller during their BA? If so, did it cost alot more? Did it hurt? I am thinking about doing this during my BA but am very undecided. Mines seems a tad bit bigger than a normal one. For example, it looks like I am always cold??!!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM

LisetteA is on a distinguished road
I have seen this done (with nice results). If I can find the link to the before/after picture, I'll post a link.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM

Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice
....here's some before/after pics of the procedure from the main site
http://www.justbreastimplants.com/ga..._reduction.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Thanks Vanessa for the link. I did not realize that this was a common thing. I just thought that mines was weird and have always been embrassed by it. I wonder how much more it would cost to do it along with my BA?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by LisetteA View Post
I have seen this done (with nice results). If I can find the link to the before/after picture, I'll post a link.
I wonder how is the pain and recovery for this type of procedure?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice Butterfly is just really nice
Originally Posted by KC MAMA View Post
Thanks Vanessa for the link. I did not realize that this was a common thing. I just thought that mines was weird and have always been embrassed by it. I wonder how much more it would cost to do it along with my BA?
oh yeah, i'm sure it's a common procedure with ps's. I'm not sure about the cost though....maybe you could post this question in the "ask a surgeon" folders, and you could get some ideas...of course it depends on the ps and the area geographically.

have you asked your ps about it?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 AM

I haven't ask yet but I will when I go for my pre-op. I was kind of embrassed at first but realize, she is already looking at me naked, so why not...hehehe..I have to wait a month though before I will now. Thnx
Old 10-11-2008, 09:11 AM

Location: Boston, Massachusetts & New York, New York, I live in both cities
BostonGirl is on a distinguished road
I was also thinking about doing this, but I was worried the scarring would be worse. I'd rather have larger nipples on bigger boobies! I think it is fairly common though to change the size.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:08 PM

gatorgirl_007 is on a distinguished road
KC - You can find Tampa229 on the December Girls... hit her up and ask her. She just had BL, BA, and nip decrease. She is doing awesome.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:07 PM

YankeeMom38 is on a distinguished road
I am having my nips reduced as part of my BA this Friday. It costs an additional $500.00 from my PS. He says it's minimal as far as what is done and the recovery is a cinch. I nursed 4 babies and mine are just too long for my liking. ECk! I cannot wait to have them lopped off! LOL He will take them down halfway he said.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:21 PM

ekgmom is on a distinguished road
Will the sensation be the same? Do they cut them off or just cut around them to make them smaller. One of my biggest fears of the BA was of my nipples going numb. Mine are really small anyway, but I just wondered what would happen to the feeling if they were made smaller.....
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by YankeeMom38 View Post
I am having my nips reduced as part of my BA this Friday. It costs an additional $500.00 from my PS. He says it's minimal as far as what is done and the recovery is a cinch. I nursed 4 babies and mine are just too long for my liking. ECk! I cannot wait to have them lopped off! LOL He will take them down halfway he said.
Are you having the BA incision there too? I guess if we are in pain from one site, than whats one more huh...lol..Good luck to you on Friday. Please tell me how it goes after. I also have 2 kids but did not BF them but mines is still long. It has always been like that though and I am just tired of seeing that. I am truly considering adding this to my BA too since I am in there. Sort of like kill 2 birds with 1 stone..
Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 PM

YankeeMom38 is on a distinguished road
What they actually do is cut into them and then fold over and sew it. The diagram in the JBI files as linked above explains is exactly as my PS did. I am having my incision in the crease because my silicones won't fit in the aerola but my PS says there won't be much of a scar from the nipple reduction. And, he said there would be some loss of sensation, but I don't have much sensation in mine anyway, so I'm fine with that. HTH. I will keep you posted on this after this week and let you know how it goes.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Vannie

Originally Posted by KC MAMA View Post
I wonder how is the pain and recovery for this type of procedure?
I had it done on one side at my BA. It actually did not hurt at all...and I still have the same sensitivity. My stitches are the dissolving kind, and while the one looks a little bizarre right now, I can already tell that I'm going to be happy with the result.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:03 PM

Slee33 is on a distinguished road
Hi YankeeMom38, I also live in Atlanta and would like to get my nipples reduced. Could you please tell me the name of the PS that you went to? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM

Cpoppins75 is on a distinguished road
Nips

Mine were giant before, when my implants were bigger.
I had a lift, implant exchange about a year and a half ago and had them reduced. The lift recovery itself was much more painful. The nips weren't bad at all. And my scars, around the nips, are barely even noticeable.
I's say go for it!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM

mamasaurus is on a distinguished road
I had a nipple reduction during my ba. It healed super quick and I had no loss of feeling. They look so much better! I'm so glad I did it. My ps cut a pie shaped wedge from each one and they look like they have always looked like this. I highly recommend it!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM

sistergirl is on a distinguished road
I am having mine reduced but I am having a lift with my implants so no additional charge because he is already working there. Maybe if you go through the areola for your implants they will just do it for you?