Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nipple Surgery / Areola Surgery Discuss the correction of inverted nipples, nipple reduction, areola reduction, etc. in this forum.

NIPPLE Reduction

Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Mom-of-5 is on a distinguished road
Question NIPPLE Reduction

Did anyone out there get a nipple reduction with their BA? What was that like? How was the recovery? How were the results?

I am thinking about it. It is an extra $700. My nipples got stretch from breastfeeding 5 kids.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I love me boobs, I love my boobs, I love my boobs...

ZooKeeper is on a distinguished road
I know others here have had it done... YankeeMom comes to mind. I am having it done. I think I hate my nipples more than my boobs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZooKeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2008, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by dkh1971 View Post
I know others here have had it done... YankeeMom comes to mind. I am having it done. I think I hate my nipples more than my boobs.
ME TOO!!! Sometimes I tell my husband that I'd do the nipple reduction even if I don't get a BA!

When is your scheduled?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 PM

KC MAMA is on a distinguished road
$700...you are lucky...I wanted this done sooo bad but when I found out the price..YIKES!!! I had to pass...they wanted to charge me $1900...can you believe that..I told them that if it was just a couple hundred more than yeah I would have added that to the BA but maybe next time. I am like you, I hate it more than my boobs..there is always next Xmas....lol...
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM

kjyhfrank is on a distinguished road
Girls, I feel the exact same way! I would have so gladly had it done w/ my BA, but it would've been an extra $1600 - crazy! No way could I fork that out for it. But I sure wish I could've ... crazy but my nips are even bigger now with my bigger boobies! I keep thinking it's from the swelling, but I don't know :0
Old 12-04-2008, 07:31 PM

KC MAMA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kjyhfrank View Post
Girls, I feel the exact same way! I would have so gladly had it done w/ my BA, but it would've been an extra $1600 - crazy! No way could I fork that out for it. But I sure wish I could've ... my nips are even bigger now with my bigger boobies! :O
Someone told me that the PS can also do it as an In-Office procedure and it might be cheaper. I am going to ask this when I see my PS again..HTH
Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM

MFIGinger is on a distinguished road
I wanted this so bad..But I LOVE the sensitivity of mine and seriously feared losing that having it done! I HATED my nipples..but like them just a TAD bit since my boobs can now try to catch up to their size.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 AM

YankeeMom38 is on a distinguished road
I did have it done and it was only $500.00. I would have paid whatever it took. I hated mine that bad. They look awesome now. No more show through! My PS took them down quite a bit and I couldn't be happier. It was an easy recovery and no pain. I have feeling in them now as much as ever. They just look so much better. Honestly, if you can afford it, get it done. It just enhanced the boob job all the more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YankeeMom38 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I love me boobs, I love my boobs, I love my boobs...

ZooKeeper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mom-of-5 View Post
ME TOO!!! Sometimes I tell my husband that I'd do the nipple reduction even if I don't get a BA!

When is your scheduled?
January 8th!

My PS didn't charge extra for the nipple reduction. Also, she mentioned than many women end up with hyper sensative nipples are the reduction.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZooKeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 AM

ItsAboutTime is on a distinguished road
My PS did this for free because I got a full anchor lift too. I hated them. I so know the feeling...Ugh. They are still healing (only 2 weeks post-op), but I would rather have them looking like they do now than how they did. There is no "added pain" when they do a reduction.

FYI, my nips lost a huge amount of feeling after breastfeeding 2 babies, but I now have more sensitivity in them than I ever have.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by dkh1971 View Post
January 8th!

My PS didn't charge extra for the nipple reduction. Also, she mentioned than many women end up with hyper sensative nipples are the reduction.
Boobie Junkie--thanks for telling me about Yankee Mom, and Yankee Mom--thanks for posting a reply. I tried looking for your old posts about nipple reduction, but couldn't find them late last night!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:24 PM

If you have any other questions, please let me know! I'd be happy to answer. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:40 PM

jandy33 is on a distinguished road
opps wrong post, I apologize.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by MFIGinger View Post
I wanted this so bad..But I LOVE the sensitivity of mine and seriously feared losing that having it done! I HATED my nipples..but like them just a TAD bit since my boobs can now try to catch up to their size.
YOu look great! I look about like your before, just a snidge bigger. Your after looks big to me! Just because I am not used to boobs. Did you go over or under?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by YankeeMom38 View Post
If you have any other questions, please let me know! I'd be happy to answer. Good luck!
I do have more questions!! What was the recovery like for the nipple reduction on top of the BA? I imagine it is going to HURT!!!

How long was the recovery time for the nipples?

Do they look like normal, or do they looked sewed up and scarred?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:16 AM

My BA was easy all around, and the nipples never bothered me a bit. Never hurt at all. Honestly. They were sewn with dissolvable black stitches which were kind annoying as they dried out and fell off because they would poke into bras and stuff, but I just wore a bra all the time and a gauze pad over the nipples for a while and it was fine. I actually had one that came out longer than the other... he made one shorter than the other... so he had to do a quick revision on it (had it done yesterday actually) so now I have the stitches back. It was done in his office with just some shots of lidocaine to numb it before cutting. No biggie again. The stitches take about 2-3 weeks to totally fall out though, but honestly they look fabulous! I love that I don't have any more show through. And they don't look ridiculous anymore! The look very normal, no scars at all. You would never guess I had it done. If you were elite you could see my before and afters, but you have to post a while more to get that status. They really look fine and it was a piece of cake for recovery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YankeeMom38 For This Useful Post: